>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Last thread: >

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8ykeN4JC_O8
aguitarforum.com/threads/ad-201-just-got-here-but-how-the-f-are-you-supposed-to-intonate-it.92209/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>he plays a PRS "guitar"

Just ordered pic related from reverb tonight. Mint for $300/free shipping. Did I do okay, folks? I original wanted the white one with Alnico V's but tdpri said that the III's in the butterscotch were better.

aside from their custom shop meme machines, aren't the korean ones considered to be a decent value? i'd buy one of the former if they let me mash pic related together.

Given the choice, I'd take a $700 PRS over any Gibson LP Studio, the $1,500 ones included

I bought an S2 Singlecut for about a grand and its a wonderful guitar. The SEs are good for the money too.

>he "plays" a "guitar"

True Djent poster is here insead of that other poser.

I think my next bass will be a maruszczyk. I already own a bass with 2 "standard" soapbar humbuckers, not sure if I'd want a P/Stingray hybrid or a J/Stingray hybrid though. Any opinions on this or another type of bass sound that you'd rather have?

Do I already have strap locks installed?

Weirdest gig you've ever done?

Back in 2011 I played bass in a three piece band that did Muddy Waters covers for a burlesque show. There was this fat chick that stripped while ""dancing"". I was so revolted by the sight of two massive titties with taped pompoms wiggling around that I just did a shoegaze and stared at my shoes and tuner pedal for the rest of the set. I swear I couldn't fap for a week.

After we finished we heard a commotion at the backstage, some dude was furious as fuck. Turns out the landwhale was actually underageb& and her dad was looking for her. Anyway doesn't matter got paid lmao.

The Les Paul is such a meme on every conceivable level. What people still buy new Gibsons?

>tfw your guitar has more strings that your waifu's age

Advice for playing live gigs please???

I was at a church event yesterday to support my qt church friend and they had live music. Except it was just two amateur. Thinking back I totally should have gone up a played something just for fun as there where only 20 people total and I'm a little nervous playing in front of large groups.

Did you try locking a strap? Did it work?

Don't worry too much about what you're doing at a church gig. You don't want to stand out for obvious reasons. Just take the initiative to get a little jam going and at least look like you're having fun. The Holy Spirit might even come over that qt3.14 in the parking lot afterward.

>ywn charm a nice christian girl bc you feel inauthentic as a nonbeliever in the house of the lord

Get drunk beforehand.

Practice, practice, practice

Even if it's only one song or a full set, make sure you can get through everything without stopping - having to stop and start again looks far worse than fucking up a few chords or lyrics.

Practice full runs of songs, even if you have use tabs or chord charts to get it into your memory

Don't do this

>Mfw she has a bf
>Still mfw I've already kissed her before
>Still mfw she rated me as a better kisser in front of him in a game of spin the bottle later that evening

I was way ahead of you senpai, brought in a cheap 6 pack with me just to get the party starting

I know a few pop songs, I'll work on getting them perfect

I don't have any strap to check with. My googling says that the company typically puts Schallers on but Inve never used strap locks before

I personally would take a P/J (I have a Tokai from the 80s with this configuration and I love it to death) over a P/stingray any day of the week, but then again I hate stingrays

Well, you can just put the MM humbucker into single coil mode. With the bridge coil that's pretty damn close to the J position.

Kek those are prime Christian values m8
Been at a couple of religious groups when I hit rock bottom (I was really desperate), second biggest redpill in my life.
Although it wouldn't be fair to generalize, tbqh

Btw I like your style not-real-tele fag. You seem chill.

>Church Gig

Jesus loves Shimmer Reverbs. You'll get all the christian pussies wet when it sounds like a fucking choir of angels coming out of your amp. Keep in mind they've never heard a guitar sound like this, so they will probably think it's a miracle.

Because people like them.

I have a Mooer Shimverb, does this mean I can get some gullible christian poon?

Yes.

You'll only get shit on your dick, she's waiting for a ring.

im playing a gig at a church soon too

how do i get christian vagina

See

what about a big muff pi and just saturating the church hall with devil noise?

Eh, maybe some 16 year olds rebelling against their parents.

you need to convert and marry her

fucking christ this shit makes no sense

youtube.com/watch?v=8ykeN4JC_O8

So I came across this strat. It's a 2011 mexican wih a Di Marzio neck pickup, I've always wanted a strat and can't really afford an american one. I've been playing it and it feels good, what do you think?

You're a fucking idiot

I've heard kazoo's are great.

are there any 'good' solid-state amps that aren't those ancient Ampeg / Crate / Carvin amps?

pic unrelated

Official Christian Gear for God Worship:
Marshall Amps
Gibson SG (not red though you devil) or Fender Strat
Tubescreamer
Shimmer Reverb (Holy Grail maybe?)
Open tunings

Gear for devil music:
Gibson Les Paul
Orange Amps
Fuzz pedals
Wah pedals
Drop tunings

>Gear for devil music:
>Gibson Les Paul
>Orange Amps
>Fuzz pedals
>Wah pedals
>Drop tunings
So black metal isn't devil music ? nice.

jim is a fag

I thought the Tele was the Lord's favorite guitar. Nearly all gospel and soul guitar players played a Tele

>stoner rock is devil music
I mean, it's not exaclty christian either, but it's far from dark occult shit.

>reliced
That's an original MIJ '85. In pretty good condition really.

>are there any 'good' solid-state amps that aren't those ancient Ampeg / Crate / Carvin amps?
Marshall 8100.

Yeah, Randall, Quilter, Roland, old Sunn heads, etc...

>old Sunn heads
isn't only the Beta Lead SS ?

I think it's a local thing, all the Christian church players here (Mexico) have only the shittiest and cheapest Squier strats. The ones I've met over in San Diego always have HH American Strats or Gibson SGs.

I mean stoner rock always references old horror movies, cults and six six six.

Yeah, mainly the one I was refering to.

>abusing the preciousness of nature isn't the work of the devil

Essential exercices for picking ? I neglected it too much and now my left hand's too further ahead in terms of technique.

>this is somehow bad

I use a peavy stereo chorus 400. It's pretty decent.

>tfw got an American Jazzmaster for less than 300 bucks back in the day from a gospel band cause the guitarist hated the single coils and the bridge and wanted to get a Lord approved Tele or Gibson guitar.

Thank God for Christians man.

I hope they aren't kicking themselves over it now that indiefags and Fender made sure everyone knows Jazzmasters are fuckin' expensive now.

How much?

Tele and PRS are Jesus approved guitars user
HOWEVER if you are big into the P&W (Prayer and Worship, not Penis and Weiner) movement you need a custom Tom Anderson, Fender Custom Shop or Suhr to be worthy to baby Jesus.

Strymon pedals are always holy and JHS pedals go great with the Christian cause.

Amp should be a AC30 mate, for that jangly jingly heavenly jangles.

Hey fellow latin american, true about the Squiers, it's weird as fuck to see a guy with a Bullet Strat playing a pedalboard with $1k in pedals at church.

Nah, they have salvation at hand.

If you believe it is, then it's likely not and you're still total shit.

just b urself

I can pretty much tap everything I play with my left hand but that lacks attack.
Even if I was garbage I'd still need to work on picking seriously I'm ass at this.

Do it slowly and cleanly, make sure each note sounds good.
Tremolo picking also helps, you can work on your right hand endurance and later work on your two hand coordination with alternate picking
Maybe look at Rock Discipline, the Petrucc knows how to pick at shit.

Who /strymon/ here? Currently playing with my Deco and I fucking love it. I'd love a BigSky but not for £400...

Overpriced meme pedals

Nobody buys them except for GAS hoarders

>Overpriced

That's for sure

>meme pedals

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about

literally about half the price of the big sky and just as good.

sorry, meant to add pic

EHX makes good shit

How do I 'tame' a fuzz factory? I just get major squealing and feedback noises from all the recommended settings. Could it be my amp?

J A Z Z C H O R U S
A
Z
Z
C
H
O
R
U
S

thats the pedal dude

You all know Jesus would play a white Flying V

I want to put my penis inside an anime girl, how do I express those feelings musically?

Continue listening to HTT as your pathetic life slips away.

nah mate jesus would play an SG just to fuck with everyone

Always saw him more as a white Explorer with gold plated stuff.

That's not helpful.

>How much?
Mmm...14000 argie pesos, a new American one is like 35000

tfw want to post results of of purchase i asked /gg/ advice for but i dont have a recording setup nor do i know how to even get into one

>957.007 US Dollar
Mother of fuck.
Ché eso está mal. Muy mal.

I don't know how good or bad it might be but I have found cheaper stuff in Colombia and Central America.

Just put reverb, mate

fucking lmao

aguitarforum.com/threads/ad-201-just-got-here-but-how-the-f-are-you-supposed-to-intonate-it.92209/

gibson does it too, except theirs are even pricier

SUNN
U
N
N
SUNN

my goddess may play one, but that doesn't mean God does

PRS does and for the price that's absolute bullshit, not sure if Gibson has many models without the TOM
Also
> Buyin tons of Rondos
kek, could have gotten a couple of much better guitars

So I'm looking for a Telecaster, budget is around 600 bucks, and I really like the Modern Player line from a few years ago. Are they memes? Is it worth it?

Buy a used American standard

oh i'm not saying it's fine when prs does it too, i had just forgotten about it

Is there such a thing as a good Les Paul?

I'm looking for a bright sounding guitar. Ricks are both expensive and the fretboard is too narrow. Should I just get a Johnny Marr Jaguar?

just make sure it isn't a dark tonecolour

Why not a Tele w/ a maple fretboard? Possibly brightest sound in the world.

Johnny Marr's Jag is great, but you could get a non-sig Jag and get some modifications for far less.

The Les Paul Junior might be the closest.

Edwards, Tokai, other similar brands
Gibsons ain't bad if you get a very good discount, I'd never buy one at store prices.

You can probably haggle someone in your area down to 600 for an American Standard. Don't ever buy new Fenders m8.

> he bought a Zvex

You need a volume knob and a Master knob on your amp

Just get a used Nashville Tele they're like $450

A flying V with gold hardware

lower volume setting on your guitar's volume knob

>Behringer XM8500
>Presonus Audiobox
>mic stand
>1 XLR and/or 1/4 in cable
>quiet room
boom, there's your setup

Finally got the Dispatch Master lads