What is your edgiest musical opinion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8UMQjbEb-mI
youtu.be/jAZddtVAMoM
youtu.be/BVwAVbKYYeM
youtu.be/dQwEM6W9kUI
youtube.com/watch?v=5JFh0r6Z96k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pop is good music. that's why it's popular and korean pop is even better than western pop

no band has more than 1-2 good albums

There has never been a good punk album ever.
The only bands that go above a 5 are Refused, Operation Ivy and Reagan Youth.

explain radiohead, velvet underground, beatles, and pink floyd

Singles Going Steady

Not even My War?

Nimrod?

metal, jazz, impressionist, baroque, pop, baroque pop, country and classical are exactly on the same level of quality. Rap and Blues are above that level of quality. Romantic era music is below.

Ian Curtis had a terrible voice.
Let It Be > Abbey Road

American football is a mediocre album

A Moon Shaped Pool is Radiohead's worst album yet.

Cocteau Twins suck and Elizabeth Fraser is the most overrated female vocalist of all-time.

I unironically enjoy brostep

>let it be > abbey road

ouch. I don't know about that. You could at least have said let it be naked which is like 7/10. Phil Spector's dogshit production is nauseating.

Metal and rock is shit nowadays

post some legit good kpop

95% of music is superfluous and all people would be better off searching for the eternal instead of the ephemeral

/

conversely, there is value in that 95% that can only be understood by undertaking that quest and transcending the dichotomy

I feel this way pretty often. I'll find something I think I really love then just kind of forget it. However, when I find an artist I really enjoy, I typically like most everything they do.

This board is fucking terrible. I've been here for maybe two years now almost every day of my life and I fucking hate it here.

People would rather fight about music than discuss it. It's apparent that people can't even discuss something with injecting the word "meme" in there somewhere.

According to the average person who posts here, your favourite band sucks, your favourite album sucks, here's a better band, all hip hop is nigger music, and people only listen to jazz for hipster credit.

I'm over this fucking board and Sup Forums in general. It's honestly doing my mental health no good at all. Every time I come here I feel like shit and it makes me really unhappy. I had to vent because I'm feeling fucking terrible.

I just want to leave the internet but it's like I thrive off the pathetic negativity that is this website.

Man I'm fucking depressed, and this website makes it so much worse.

overhyped pleb shit, and the rule still applies to each four of them

Very superb triplets my friend, cheer up and stop listening to shit music like jazz and you should be fine. Also, stop the copy paste or use the KYSS - Blues for the red wall

might as well just say "uneducated opinions" because this is mostly people who have no fucking clue what they're talking about.

They were all simply examples of why I hate this board. I enjoy jazz, but it's not something I regularly listen to.

And you do?

Yeah anyway it's all playful hatred, all of it. I suggest you take it that way. Here's a helpful tip: Play the video game postal 2 and imagine all of Sup Forums to be just like that. It's like therapy.

golden age of rock music occurred between 1991 and 2002

EXPLAIN MODEST MOUSE

Neck deep

>playful hatred
It's pretty hard to tell, and honestly sometimes it's quite serious. I'm very depressed and coming here doesn't make it any better. Admittedly this board is great for discovering music, but the unnecessary hostility and anger is just too much for me, but I'm not going to deny that I'm addicted to this site. I just hate how everyone wants to argue all the fucking time. It makes me feel sick.

agreed

worst opinion in this thread

>pink floyd
agreed, they have zero good albums.

90s worship is hardly weird here

more like 2001

no good rock music happened after 9/11

Ouch

wow so edgy omg never heard anyone say that before :O

most 2002 music was made/recorded or written in 2001 or before

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot was supposed to be released in september 2001
several songs from turn on the bright lights were released on eps in 2000 and 2001

sociologists and linguists would have a field day with us because there are many magnitudes of layers to how people talk here; not to say there isn't any sincere vitriol spewed here but for all intents and purposes it's only as bad as you make it out to be

meanwhile I've been here since MPP was released and have reconciled the 'i hate this place but still come' feeling to 'this place is good and bad, but i'll try to find the good because it is there to find'

I don't like female vocalists, unless they sound like a man (Beach House are pleasant) but I like male vocalists who sound like females (Youth Lagoon comes to mind)

The only good I find is the music I discover. It's a sincere rarity that someone wants to have a nice heart felt discussion (just like yourself).

I think in the two years I've been here, I've probably had less than 10 good, proper discussions about music, and in those 10 discussion some of those weren't even music related at all.

I hate to sound cynical, but I try to put in a good effort on this board, I don't shit post, I never want to fight, but people just want to stir shit anyway.

It's really making me feel not good. I used to be all for pro anonymity, and I kind of still am, but it turns ordinary people into narcissistic cunts.

>sociologists and linguists would have a field day with us because there are many magnitudes of layers to how people talk here
Forgot to reply to this. You're definitely right. It'd be an interesting case study. Something like that would have to be done over months and months though. They'd definitely find that there are many hive minds to this website.

is any of this stuff pop? I usually don't listen to music with vocals but here's some korean music i like
>youtu.be/8UMQjbEb-mI
>youtu.be/jAZddtVAMoM
>youtu.be/BVwAVbKYYeM
>youtu.be/dQwEM6W9kUI

not the poster you replied to btw

>10 good, proper discussions about music
>some of them weren't even music related at all

I fucked up, get over it. This is the kind of shit I'm talking about. Stop nitpicking and get on with your life.

This invented psych rock

youtube.com/watch?v=5JFh0r6Z96k