1000+ years of art music, centuries of traditional music, 100+ years of jazz and improvised music...

>1000+ years of art music, centuries of traditional music, 100+ years of jazz and improvised music, and over seven decades of erudite electronic music

Yet you spend most of your time listening to metal, hip hop,"experimental", and "indie"?

Please kill yourselves, all of you.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iPITteAmUEk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_music
youtube.com/watch?v=BDz6zmwEqJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SgHzH5iDcGQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

> he doesn't get the concept of anything going out of style

Rock is well out of style, and indie

It's really bad here.

>erudite electronic music
there's nothing "erudite" about slowly moving a knob. at least dance music has a purpose

>he posts a variation of this thread everyday
How about if you kill yourself, I'll put myself out my own misery.

You could just be posting a thread about other music instead of bitching about it

You can slowly move my knob and i'll call it anything you like sweetie.

Nothing like watching a thread 404 without replies because its not rock or rap rated highly by p4k or Fantano, its great

> traditional and jazz aren't

Anyone who cares knows how that feels. And anyone who cares will keep trying

>1000+ years of art music
You mean 500 at most idiot

music started in 1910 you fucking mong

All of those styles would have been considered experimental at some point. Also early electronic sounds like garbage.

Traditional revival confirm?

Were The Black Twig Pickers merely the beginning?

youtube.com/watch?v=iPITteAmUEk

kill yourself f4m
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_music

WHAT IS THIS PIC

>1000+ years of art music
show me art music from more than 1000 years ago.

>he thinks electronic music isn't hip-hop tier music
turbopleb

youtube.com/watch?v=BDz6zmwEqJQ

If you think electronic music is hiphop tier you are a literal pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=SgHzH5iDcGQ

so tell me, why are they singing in modern English?

>I don't understand how Hymnal music works

It's ok to be a pleb senpai

The Black Twig Pickers are just a mediocre group of people playing old time music. There's got to be about a 1000 people who play this music better, they just aren't trying to do it commercially.

Hip-Hop is merely an element of within music.
It's looked upon as abused because nobody wants to divide it into genres, although it spreads into many sub-genres and out into other genres.

Decent attempt though.

Art music is what academicists call academic music even though the term academic music is more fitting.

Also are you fucking kidding, academic music is older than notation itself (though not much older, since it couldn't have developed much further without it)

t. plebmaster
i don't listen to inferior opinions like yours

ayy go back to your rock music pleb

>For the pitches, Stockhausen built a scale in which the interval between successive steps consists of the frequency proportion 5√25, in other words, the interval of 5:1 (two octaves plus a just major third) is divided into 25 equal parts. This differs from the traditional tempered tuning system, in which an octave consists of twelve segments, the interval between two adjacent steps being therefore defined by the ratio 2√12 : 1. The intervallic unit is a "large semitone", about 10% larger than the semitone of the equal-tempered twelve-tone system. Beginning at 100 Hz, this scale reaches to ca. 17,200 Hz, with a total of 81 equally spaced pitches. Because of the chosen basic interval, no octave duplications can occur. The highest pitch, 17,200 Hz, is near the upper limit of human hearing, and occurs only in a single tone mixture, as the uppermost of its five pitches

What's so erudite about putting your finger on a fret and plucking a string

definitions of art music usually make some reference to the fact it is primarily disseminated through written scores. music pre-dating musical notation by definition isn't art music.

we are not here to please you or to be exatcly like you. in fact, nobody wants to be like you which is why they like the shit you dont.

The point is most listen to the same shit AKA mucore

Re-read the post you just quoted, you rancid mongoloid

This thread just proves how fucking retarded and underage this board. Mention anything besides entry level rock and they can't discuss anything without strife because they have literally zero knowledge about any serious music made more than 30 years ago.

Or in the last 30 years without Fantano buzzwords and p4k scores.

tune into mde world peace tomorrow friend

style doesn't supersede content and canonized music made over a century ago will be discussed a century from now, and meanwhile trends being carried on stylistic fads will ebb from music history as new things flow to wash over it in the popular music cycle

eternal > ephemeral

>Countless styles of jazz, all of them with unique styles of improvisation and interplay
>People here still call it just "jazz" and only know Davis, Mingus, Coletrane, the list goes on...

>Countless styles of art music, all of them with unique scales, composition, keys, instruments, etc.
>People here still call it "classical" and only know Bach, Beethoven, the list goes on...

>Thousands upon thousands of different cultures have made traditional music that is unique to their location; you could listen to it constantly and never run out
>All Sup Forums knows is Exuma (not even traditional music) and unironically refers to it as "world music"

>Rock, hip hop, and all other pop music
>All of it (bar some "complex" prog) has the same generic progression and it all sounds the same to people with ears; the only difference between your average classic rock, top 40, shoegaze, hip hop, and post-punk song is some aesthetic vocal/production choices that literally mean nothing to the pieces themselves - there is little difference between Drake and Les Rallizes Denudes

There is literally no excuse for listening to popular music beyond laziness or lack of intelligence. It is the junk food of music; a quick, unhealthy overproduced fix for the low brow that only tastes good to those with no taste.

It's cute when people try to pretend rock is better than techno or trap.

Why do people pretend they like traditional folk? Only 3 people ever reply to /trad/ threads.

yeah, i just listen to palestrina and folk choral music now, don't even listen to anything from the last few centuries.

>There is little difference between LRD and Drake
????

They both have incredibly shallow songwriting with no sense of composition. All they have going for them is aesthetics, which is a worthless concept.

Maybe they just miss the thread.

Fuck off, Hampus. No one goes in there because you're insufferable.

>he doesn't understand the evolution of art

yeah after I got into classical popular music just seemed really boring. you don't really realize how trite and repetitive it is until you experience something better.

"it sounds dated" is up there with "pretentious" for plebeian critiques

Don't you mean devolution?

Ted Kaczynski was right.

Hampus hasn't been posting for some time, you mongoloid.

Is that Sam Hyde?

There is no objectivity in art.

Okay, Hamp.

>he's too autsitic to grasp that people simply like other forms of music then he does
You first OP.

Get in here.

Okay, you, can go explore old ass music and I will keep exploring the newest of mew in music.
Also, delet this.

>imfuckingplying

>I'll keep wading in this sewer water full of shit while you listen to the best music music has to offer

Sure, no problem.

>which is a worthless concept.
not really

>more complex=better

>tfw I'm a songwriter
>have always been more concerned with timbre rather than musicality
>lately feel like shit because I feel like everything I write is too simple
I already know some theory and I'm taking a class come fall, but I've never had any formal training. Do you really have to have had serious training to have any potential at composing?

>comparing a fugue to the vocal line of a pop song
s m h fampai

fugues are just counterpoint wankery, doesn't make it sound better

>Do you really have to have had serious training to have any potential at composing?

Uh, yes? But it doesn't matter anyway. If you weren't making interesting music from a relatively young age you'll probably never be great anyway.

>all of it sounds the same even though it doesn't!!!

these are the people you share a board with

just remember that THIS is what you're dealing with when you wonder why this board is complete dogshit full of shitposting

To be clear, I didn't mean I want to be some groundbreaking composer or anything. I just want to add depth and musicality to the music I already make, which people say they like. And I am taking classes at university just to learn

Why are Classicalfags so easily butthurt?

The majority of the board are barely 18, seriously watch Fantano, read Pitchfork and think Death Grips, Swans, Radiohead, Animal Collective and Grimes are the pinnacle of modern music, of course its shite.

>this thread

While I agree that this board lingers on rock and hip hop or whatever too much, and that art and traditional music are often times more enthralling than popular music and all that

But why are so many of the posters who are always posting threads about it so smug? I mean, these threads just boil down to crying about it, rather than either leaving or trying to do something about it. They try to take some intellectual highground, seeming to forget that we're all posting on an anime imageboard

>he listens to music created by the aristocratic elite
I laugh, because aristocrats you are not.

Whoa, Witchfinder took time off from Sup Forums and stormfront to post on Sup Forums! What a pleasant surprise!

Us oldfags huh?

These bands are a dime a dozen in Eastern Canada, playing in the Celtic style.

inorite

Me in the middle desu

Me on the right

>Implying that Jazz and Traditional haven't been out of style for years
>Implying that Rock and Indie aren't in style anymore
wew

Stockhausen is more accurately labeled art music than "electronic" tho. Yes I know he called it Elektronische or whatever, but he has little to nothing in common with modern producers. Might as well say Django is "rock."

Sup Forums really is a shit board for music discussion. I come on here for /classical/ and /comp/.

People don't actively search for unheard music and anytime you mention something that's not in the essentials charts you get ignored.

You ask Sup Forums their favourite Georgian, Azerbaijani or even Russian album and nobody has a word to say.

It's fun to shitpost here though

>1510:music started

You look like a fat blonde version of Tom Hanks with a bad sun tan
>get rekt nigger

fedora tipping the post

amazing thread op

Jesus christ i fucking hate this board

Lots of normies about today, is reddlt down again?

Cunt

must be.. flocking over to power their voice
>but muh tastes
fuck outta here

really? I haven't noticed any more than usual.
and assuming that by "reddlt" you mean reddit, no, it hasn't gone down, why do you ask?

suck a fat nigger dick you despicable piece of fat shit

Sup Forums is a trash heap. You can insult OP all you want but how can you stand going back to the board to sift through waifu and meme threads only for an occasional opportunity to discuss the latest BNM? Sup Forums as a whole has underdeveloped interest, like how you look back at your dadrock phase and think of how embarrassing it was to think you knew so much when you knew so little. But here and now development has stalled because of defending ignorance with subjectivity and thinking u shud just b urself and listen to what you enjoy.

Sup Forums is a good board if you're young and just starting to explore music outside the charts, you can discover lots of great new music and avenues to keep exploring once you develop your own tastes.

I can't see why anyone would stick around more than few months though.

its that cycle that keeps the board so basic

This, rock is seriously shit. Like I can't stop laughing when I see people post those retarded charts with fucking micro subsubsubsubgenres, like the Shoegaze and post punk ones. It's even more hilarious when people claim that metal, folk, and country aren't rock, IT'S ALL JUST GUITAR MUSIC WITH THE SAME INSTRUMENTS OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

okay?

Well the /trad/ thread died

>1900:music is changing

>expecting a bunch of 15 year olds to care about traditional music

>be a guy who made a pact with satan to achieve immortality
>trying to find the album that played at my favourite roman tavern píči torpédoborec, by the band otepi potěšení at my local record shop
>Fucking normies don't even have Pre-bethlehem Gospel-core records, what the fuck
>Ask them if they at least have "Classic Songs from the Bronze Age, remastered with new stone-instruments"
>Only have the muddy clay version
>I fucking hate this millenia

How do I get into Azerbaijani music user