ITT: Albums that are objectivly higher than a 5/10

I said maybe you're gonna be the one by the Beatles

Wut

good thread

that saves me

I don't know anyone who hates this album

i dislike it. 4/10

Here's one that's subjectively higher than 5/10 (or objectively, if you're Piero Scaruffi)

>objectively

fuck

What is there to dislike about it?
>inb4 crescendocore

>taking the objectivity-in-music meme seriously

I realize there's no such thing a objectively good music, but I chose one of the most acclaimed in my circles.

i think it's uninteresting honestly
>inb4 no attention span
i like drone, ambient, and plenty of post rock but it's just boring to me. i even like F#A# infinity and have slow riot on vinyl, this one doesn't do it for me though. same with hallelujah and their latest one

>crescendo during first 6 minutes of Storm
>boring

Dude, I don't know what you consider boring, but to me, that's one of the pivotal moments in post-rock.

There better Godspeed moments senpai.

yeah i honestly think that parts boring i was amazed by it like the first few times i heard it but it's really not that interesting

4:00 onwards of Antennas to heaven. I think the part is called 'she dreamt she was a bulldozer, she dreamt she was alone in an empty field'
>inb4 GS!BE thread

It is pretty boring. It gets louder, so what. There's nothing interesting going on, musically.

I can't fucking stand this album

however Laughing Stock is a masterpiece

It's not that it's just getting louder. The instrumentation becomes more dense by the end. I guess if you don't find the entire motif interesting, it wouldn't have too much of an impact.

Yeah that part's pretty great too.

I actually do prefer Laughing Stock to Spirit of Eden slightly.

How does anyone like one but not the other??

It's not even because of any musical faults. It's like Ys, I just think the pacing of the album is really fucking bad. Which is weird because I love and lots of albums like it

I'm sorry to hear that. I guess it grew on me.
I didn't listen to anything else from them, would you recommend it?

they're both equally excellent how can you not like spirit of eden

From Talk Talk or GBV?

I meant Talk Talk, sorry for the misunderstanding

I've heard their entire discog

the ones I'd listen to is anything after It's My Life and Mark Hollis' solo LP

you think Ys is badly paced? could you elaborate? it's one of my 10/10s

thanks

5/10 means average and honestly anything slightly influential or unique is "objectively" above 5/10.

It's all down to personal preference and how it's written but the format and how the tracks develop slowly after quite a "wandering" structure (for lack of a better word), but I could deal with that in any other genre, but for me it doesn't work with her instrumentation, and her voice.

I havenĀ“t seen anyone hating this one yet

Color of Spring is underrated and there's Slowdive's Pygmalion which sounds similar to SoE and LS.

I think it's GYBE's worst by far, but I don't hate it. Slow Riot would be a more universally loved pick.

Gay

Poopy albums.

>spirit of eden
>poopy

soulja boy and lil b confirmed objectively above 5/10

Yes

Qwerty1000 hates the entire GY discography

yeah, they are, what about it. hating lil b or soulja boy is the most reddit opinion possible

Enjoying music is the most r/music opinion ever

Poopy opinion

mykee?

If you like it, Fantano hates it.

yes
pretty much

lame compositon, shrill production, predictable, fedora-core