What does Sup Forums think about the artist Grimes?

What does Sup Forums think about the artist Grimes?

> artist
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

Don't you dare start spamming Grimes hate threads. It was bad enough it happened to Annie.

artangels 2015 aoty

Agree.

Chill. This is a neutral thread. I want to hear honest opinions.

I think I'd like to stop hearing about this mediocre cunt 24/7 like three threads deep on the front page every fucking day.

She's a cool person who makes very interesting music (to those who actually listen to it.)

>The same st vincent guy is now starting to spam grimes

Oh boy

she made mediocre bedroom indie music, and now she makes competent bland pop. I just don't care about her at all.

> implying the soul of Sup Forums isn't Grimes General

I'm not interested in your whining. Give me your opinion about her or gtfo.

Not really a permanent dude on Sup Forums but I really like her music
She really inspires me because she does everything herself, and it's not from a "oh a woman can do this and I as a woman can do it" because I'm a dude but her mindset is relatable to me in many ways

skrt.

Dominic?

Is it true that after experiencing Grimes music everything else seems shallow and boring?

decent music but fan base is fucking cancer

What they did it to you?

>grimes
bland, uninspired music tbqh.

this is kind of offtopic, but what does "uninspired" mean?

does it mean the artist forced it? or does it mean that the artist isn't inspired by other artists/art?

False flag threads.

Grimes makes enjoyable music.

It leaves a lot to be desired, is unimaginative.

Explain how you're coming to this conclusion in precise, explicit, and mechanical terms. Provide clear examples.

I used to think "hey she's not bad" and liked a few of her songs but the sheer amount of shitposting of her on this board has forever associated her with you fuckers and now I can't hear the word Grimes without cringing thanks guys

>slave to the people in your environment
What a weak, empty, human being.

You don't deserve to listen to anything I like, to be quite honest.

In what way? What exactly do you mean by unimaginative? It seems like a shallow description that means nothing.

trash

So, you're so naive to be influenced a lot by what other people say about an artist?

Literally this

she is my mom

Seriously, there's a more exciting new-ish artist this decade?

>Experienced physical contact with Grimes' vagina
The other anons must be jealous.

Emo teens recently jumped on her bandwagon after some frontman fawned over her on twitter.
I liked her since Geidi Prime when she was much more elemental and lo-fi, even liked roughly through Visions although every live performance I saw of her was pretty shitty (her music doesn't translate well live).
But she seems to be getting more and more pop, she called out Ariel Pink last year for sexism against Madonna after he bashed her in a completely non-sexist way. I've pretty much dropped her at this point.

Good. You didn't deserve to listen to her music anyway, pop-hating hipster. I hope you will never listen to her ever again.

No I just got sick of hearing you morons worshipping her as the second coming. Fuck off.

Having been a supporter of her and going to her live shows when she was going to venues like 7th St. Entry in MN for $9 5 years ago, I'd say I have a right to say whatever the fuck I want.

lol

It's probable she won't stick with outright pop, even though she's stated "this is the new Grimes", etc.

Whatever generated and influenced Halfaxa and Geidi Primes is still there, and (although this is guesswork based on myself) will probably come out in another form again as some kind of looping back.

I've done no such thing.
"Fuck off."

And for the record, I don't hate pop, but her new music videos a la Kill v. Maim and Artangels are very reflective of what she's now going for: the under 20 scene kid crowd. The music just ain't good now.

> Christian reference

Die

What kind of pop do you like user?

You don't have that right. She doesn't owe you anything. If you don't support her anymore, so be it. Big deal, she will gain 100x more fans while you're reading this.

Yeah - imo she's one of only a bare handful of performing artists around these days whose work doesn't rely on using applicable gender stereotypes as a crutch - it's actually very refreshing.

I have Kylie Minogue, Madonna and Duran Duran on my iPod at the moment.

>The music just ain't good now.
For you. Her singing, songwriting and production are better than ever. I don't think you really listened to this album.

AA is better than the best albums of these artists. Seriously.

Not everything. But definitely most pop music, imo.

I'm not saying she owes me anything you tantrummy child, What I said was that I've been a supported of her music, and have taken the opportunity to see her shows when she was still an unknown. That at the very least rrflects the fact that I'm trying to be even keeled about her and not bashing her or being contrarian for the sake of itself. Get a grip dude.

I like that she can grow a unibrow if she really wants to

I've listened to it around 5 times, I feel that she's really going for a completely different target audience than when she got in the game, which is her right but it very clearly isn't me anymore. Christ just watch Kill v. Maim on YouTube, I could t physically bear to watch it.

alinism

Lol, okay.

Stop spamming your shitty Grimes threads faggot

She never had an unibrow. Who started this meme?

You look mad. Did you troll yourself?

Yes - and be called out on it too for when your own words mark you out as an asshole.

this is why mods can't delete grime grime containment threads, it ruins the yugoslavian bread kneading message board posting experience for everyone

>implying I'm the asshole in this thread.
I've bent over backwards to express my views in a non aggressive, thought out manner. The responses I've gotten have been foaming at the mouth, yeah I'm the asshole.
Costanza.jpg

What are music videos for 20 and over supposed to look like to you?

Probably quite good but its not my kinda stuff. I'm sure shes talented at what she does but I don't really care.

Both of you faggots need to shut the fuck up because literally nobody cares

Again, watch Kill v. Maim. They're supposed to not look like that. Not anything like that.

Cry more fag

I know she isn't actually that good looking.

You're not supposed to take that video seriously. It's just a fun video for a cool song.

How's the 8th grade going?

Interesting. Speaking as someone who only discovered her/her music a couple of months ago and has spent a great deal of time listening to it ever since (ie. I'm a post-Art Angels fan) I have the exact opposite impression. To me her early stuff - although technically more toward my usual musical tastes - doesn't sound nearly as authentic to my perception of the musical vision she had for it as the stuff that she's producing now.

I'm about to turn 20 and I like it. Maybe you're just too old.

Yeah, any video that's bad: "hey just don't take it seriously, just supposed to be fun."

I genuinely couldn't follow your thought process. How can you tell whether something that you are listening to 6 years after the fact is authentic to her vision after listening to her as of a few months ago?
I agree, she's changed overtime, and I'm sujre that reflects what she wants to do at this point in time in her life, but the audience it's attracting (see my comment about emo fans jumping on after some frontman jumped on her bandwagon and her new videos) are drawing a younger crowd than the people who originally liked her early work .I was around 22 when I started listening to her back then and it seemed like the range was 20-29, now it's more like 15-19.
To me, it's not about what's authentic or not. Whatever she does will be authentic because it's what she wants and is her "vision", I'm just saying it's getting a bit..babby tier.

>Christ just watch Kill v. Maim on YouTube, I could t physically bear to watch it.
Why? I'm 30+ with a professional background in music and film/photography and I think it's great.

She's your average electronic/synth-pop act.

honestly i couldn't care less, but i'd love it if you guys could just keep it all in 1 thread instead of having 8 threads about her every day.

Yes. There are references all over the place: from the film The Blade to Zelda.

>triggered
Average electronic/synth-pop act? If she's average, then who's really great, excluding the 70s-80s classics?

>How can you tell whether something that you are listening to 6 years after the fact is authentic to her vision after listening to her as of a few months ago?
Because I can read/watch interviews with her, and if you listen to what she's been saying about her overall artistic objectives from the get-go, it becomes very obvious that the sort of stuff she's doing now was always her intent.

Not really an expert on synth pop acts after the 80's, but i dont think she's anything special.

Whatever. But name some similar artists to her.

I'd cum hard for her. Make it shoot all over my chest.

Not the hugest fan of Kylie, hate Madonna, and think Duran Duran are horribly overrated but I'll take any of their WORST albums before the pile of shit that was Art Angels.

Fuck, you must really hate AA. I guess it's like marmite, love it or hate it, no in between.

Belly of the beat best song

Her older work is fantastical madness

>artist

more like fartist

lmao

bump

you just described every hardcore fan of every band ever
grow up