youtube.com/watch?v=-0wwPNdo9UA
youtube.com/watch?v=T7t4P0tfqRM
youtube.com/watch?v=QnWadNvXZG4
youtube.com/watch?v=vOto5fzcU08
youtube.com/channel/UCmFh2l5P3ah_3gvWjkiD77w
youtube.com/watch?v=2o7MRZbG-tc
youtube.com/watch?v=NRZPMU17oyY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Punk died in 1978 and it's time to put it to rest.

>1978
How, and why do you think this?

Punk is pretty dead m8, but this is good.

I mean that's just objectively wrong, what is it that makes people think this? There lack of going to shows? Punk isn't dead simply because people still play it.

>>hardcore

MDC
Discharge

Punk died when it became political

Apart from a handful of albums, I can't stand it. Boring shit.

Most punk coming out and being played today is just recycled old shit that everyone's already heard before. That and derivative genres like postpunk really don't deserve having punk in their name anyway.

This is coming from a guy who regularly goes to see hardcore and crust shows whenever they pop up in my area.

Anyway, listen to this as well if you haven't already.

>punk and polotics don't mix
This is funny.

Old hardcore classics:
Black Flag (check out Demos 1982, raw as fuck)
Minor Threat
Millions of Dead Cops
Gorilla Biscuits
Negative Approach
Rites of Spring
Void
Faith
Negative FX
Dead Kennedys
Agnostic Front
Stiff Little Fingers
Minutemen
Saccharine Trust
Zero Boys

Newer hardcore worth checking out:
Ivy
Gag
Glue
Wiccans
Creem
Blotter
Total Abuse
Ajax
Pissed Jeans
Spray Paint
Gas Rag

what makes a band punk

Daddy got me a record deal and I'm punk af

It's a genre of music, meaning it's defined by its sound.

what's the difference between hardcore and punk?

Death or Misfits. Also any of Title Fight's stuff before the newest album.

punk is not "dead" and non-punx need to stop making cringeworthy out of touch punk threads before I have a stroke

Hardcore is a sub genre of punk rock, faster andelivery more gritty and shouty. I feel like it was named this because the players weren't fake people and where essentially hard to the core with punk, along with there music. But that's just me.

Hey fuck you, I'm punk
Just want to branch out my taste a little and talk about the thing I love.

pop punk is where its at

Hahahaha kek meme

don't be mad your shit genre sounds like sex when made accessible

I'm not mad because I know punks elite, anyone who says it's shit like its objective is wrong

Punk died the year after it started

Okey

I have shit taste but I like VCR even though it has no substance. Wacky punk is fun, young people yelling complaints isn't that fun.
youtube.com/watch?v=GXIDT1bzzdY

youtube.com/watch?v=GXIDT1bzzdY

Well what was punk to you? Because I don't understand why people think this and think it's undeniable. I doubt you where there so this opinion is peddled by non punks

Man that's really good I think.
You probably know them, but when I think wacky punk I think the dickies

youtu.be/OpK8GzTNmz8

But Hardcore is forever

posting good punk

State champs holy shit. These guys went to my high school, they're one of the worst bands around.

when are you starting?

I don't understand how you can not like Rollins era black flag

The Clash weren't punk

Sex Pistols crashed and burned and are overhyped

The Adicts are the best OG English punk band hands down, and droog punk is the best existing punk scene

This. Hardcore has held up and there is a lot of great modern hardcore.

Yeah they suck.

Hardcore Suggestions -
Have Heart
Spirits (Boston sXe HC)
Backtrack
Terror
Trapped Under Ice
No Turning Back
Bad Brains
Busted Outlook

punk epoty comin thru

>Pissed Jeans
>Gas Rag

I bet you read Noisey

If you're absolutely going to post black flag at least post My War

dae le wipers?

fucking normies

post punk is so much better than punk

how can one be so entrenched in Sup Forums memetics

>genre hierarchies

you leave greg sage out of this newfaggot circlejerk

Wipers is punk newfag circlejerk here whether you like it or not. This board has actually evolved ever so slightly over the years.

Green Day is releasing a new album. You kids will want to listen to their newest hit single Big bang! Its SO punk :^)

kys

this

Why are they well groomed?

God punks are such faggots

because they purposefully look like that
they think about their appearance because they care more about how they look than they do about their attitude

This

what do you listen to like? Metal?

Are you an assfaggot metalhead?

>being this insecure about the music they listen too

Good christ. I knew modern day punks are pretentious wannabes but god damn.

Hey, I like punk music. Its alright but I'm not going to deny that the picture posted above isn't a pretty good nutshell of what contemporary punks are all about.

Look at this fucking shit
>stupid fucking autistic facial expressions
>quirky look at you and stare attitude
>animal liberation front
>branded pre torn clothing
>dykes and homo boy loving fruits

I bet they're all fucking leftist activist garbage too.

Punks. Are. Faggots.

Nobody can say otherwise.

>punks are faggots
guilty as charged for taking dick in my ass

you seem upset

>hardcore and crust
theres your problem

Eh? They where talking about they way that punks dress, my point is that the way metalheads dress is arguably equally gay. I'm not a regressive lefty, and I ain't insecure about music. All you're arguments are stupid as theyou have no evidence to support them.
"You're a faggot because I say so"
Well fuck you sir

Typical "punk" thinking he's cool for being gay. So progressive!

I am upset that some loser wannabe punks think they're above greasy wig wearing metalheads

They thought they were being clever by claiming that I listen to metal. As if there is some kind of high prestige title that comes from listening to punk over metal. Its even worse if its a modern day punk lesbian tranny. To further my point I'd like to say there is no way metalheads can dress more gay than punks. Punks go out of their way to be obnoxious in your face quirky homosexuals. Metalheads can be edge like and cringeworthy if they're 13 but the whole long haired greasy bearded guy think is part of the charm. Punks just flat out do it because they think they can be different with five hundred different piercings and colored spiked hair.

And I didn't say punks are faggots because I said so. I said PUNKS ARE FAGGOTS PERIOD.

Way to misinterpret my argument dumbass.

"well fuck you sir" isn't an argument. Go back to memeland dork.

Trying to argue that I think metalheads are gay? No, yet again my point was that if punks are gay, metalheads are gay. If punks arnt gay metalheads arnt. I think neither are I was simply stating this fact, they are both deliberately diffrent from the norm, arguing that one is a group of faggots tars the other with the same brush. This idea that people who dress like a metalhead arnt trying to be diffrent is just objectively wrong. You, for some buthurty reason, have a chip on your shoulder against punks but you don't seem to get and understand that all of your arguments against it can be used against metal

the people in the picture are fucking gay not all punks dress and act like that though

No one ever said anyone is gay nigger.
Here I'll make it simple.

>Punks=annoying tree hugging faggot lesbians (ACTUALLY FUCKING GAY)
>metalheads-edgy greasy bearded faggots who sing about death and dragons all the time, spawned am obnoxious race against each other to be the "brootalest"

If you want to argue about who's gay and who isn't I wouldn't put my cards on the group that is actually involved with homosexual activist bullshit.

How could I possibly make both out to be faggots with one singly claim? Thats just flat out retarded and putting horeshit in my mouth.

Punks are actively trying to be as different and pretentiously quirky as possible. Unless you're a "punk" yourself and refuse to see that. Metalheads just like to be faggot 2 brootal shreddit nerds all the time. They are tolerable because they don't constantly try to be INTOLERABLE LIKE FUCKING PUNKS.

THATS WHY THEY CALL THEMSELVES PUNKS. THATS THE WHOLE REASON FOR THE PLAY ON WORDS YOU DAFT NIGGER.

What do you guys think of hardcore?

youtube.com/watch?v=3GQjzciJtdQ

Listen to Sheer Terror.

Do it.

Yeah I get this. The other guy just doesn't want me to call his precious subculture gay is all. Which they are now. The didn't use to be. But they are gay as hell now.

>00's hardcore
Yes please.

You're trying to say that because people are punks, they are gay. I was using that logic for metalheads and metal, that's how you make both out to be faggots as you created an argument that can be used against you because it has no fucking meat to it. There are faggots in punk, just to as there are in metal, but this idea that if you're a punk you're a faggot is fucking stupid af.

>involved with homosexual activist bullshit.
I'm assuming you're talking about cancerous shit like SJW rallys, and of which I agree, people there are faggots. But yet again not all punks are like this.
Being a punk isn't an ideology it is simply people who listen to punk and dress accordingly of which, i belive, the faggots are the minority

Call me a faggot whatever I do think care, I just think it's a silly way to look at it

"I do think care"
* I dont care

Punks are faggots nigger. You're trying way too hard to defend them. I don't how fucking assblasted you are about me calling punks faggots, but it sure looks like it hit a nerve. Today's punks are just plain fruits. Ain't nothing anybody can do to change that. They're all for that cookie cutter mainstream lefty crap.

Pic related. A punk rocker.

Punk needs another GG allin

Look as the last words I'm going to say on this, I will concede that there are allot of lefty fags in punk today, but that isn't because of punk, there are regressive lefty faggots everywhere now. There not all punks and punks are not all them. BTW how do you know aids skrillex is a punk rocker?
And I'm defending it because I fucking love it, I do like I said agree thato there are a lot of faggots punks but that's not because there punks. It's because there faggots.

There

Not

Synonymous

I'd take a guy with a mircopenis who runs around naked, rubbing shit on himself and pissing on his audience any day over a group of underweight malnourished 14 year olds with long dyed pink hair who sing about transgender rights and lesbian love and "muh pohleece brutality".

I agree wholly with you on this

I have been arguing that contemporary punks are cancer since the beginning of our romp. My first post in this thread was a reply to that picture of queer looking punks. I said "god punks are such faggots" not "god all punk are such fags". I even said I like punk and that it is alright. I even said to another guy above that I understand not all punks are like this. There are anti gay punk bands for cunt's sake. I never said EVERY SINGLE PUNK IN THE WORLD IS A FAG. Just that punks now are mostly (might as well be all) fags. Do you really think anyone who calls themselves a modern day punk these days will have the classic attitude and feel? No they will be much more feminine and lack the masculine aggressive drive that would make you want to get up and loose it. That same nutless spirit goes right into their music which comes out as whiny girly boy trash. I liked the older guard punk because it was exactly the opposite of that. I Can still enjoy it, defend it etc. But I sure as hell will shit on contemporary punk for what it is and what they're about.

>Punks. Are. Faggots.
Look you did try and make it synonymous with being a faggot, but I commend you for not actually thinking that.
Apart from that of agree with this post, as I said there are allot of faggotsin punk now and the spirit is definitely dieing, but saying me and my maras are like this is insulting.the only reason this argument happend is because on more than one occasion you bluntly said punk=faggot and that is just wrong

well if everyones just gonna bitch about punk i'll just post some punk in here.

THE CONEHEADS
youtube.com/watch?v=GtHe4bc4q70

LUMPY & THE DUMPERS
youtube.com/watch?v=-0wwPNdo9UA

RASPBERRY BULBS
youtube.com/watch?v=T7t4P0tfqRM

NO TREND
youtube.com/watch?v=QnWadNvXZG4

VOID (duh)
youtube.com/watch?v=vOto5fzcU08

S/O to jimmy's utube channel for some really good 'ish

youtube.com/channel/UCmFh2l5P3ah_3gvWjkiD77w

Basically all loud guitar music is either metal, rock, or punk. Often there is overlap of course.

But you can't seriously dismiss punk without dismissing everything from The Stooges to Talking Heads to Death Grips.

dropdead is that shit homie

dumping favs

My favorite punk band is NoMeansNo. People will argue that a lot of their stuff isn't punk but really they are the most punk band of all, when you take into account that it's not very punk to have rules about what is and what isn't.

>Mama (1982) 6/10
>You Kill Me (EP) (1985) 7/10
>Sex Mad (1985) 8/10
>The Day Everything Become Nothing (EP) (1988) 8/10
>Small Parts Isolated and Destroyed (1988) 9/10
>Wrong (1988) 8.5/10
>Live + Cuddly (1991) 10/10
>The Sky is Falling and I Want My Mommy w/ Jello Biafra (1991) ?/10
>0 + 2 = 1 (1991) 9.5/10
>Why Do They Call Me Mr. Happy? (1993) 9/10
>The Worldhood of the World (As Such) (1995) 10/10
>Dance of the Headless Bourgeouisie (1998) 9.5/10
>One (2000) (9/10)
>All Roads Lead to Ausfahrt (2006) (10/10)

What fucking elder punk band was still reinventing shit with this level of ferocity 25 years into their career?
youtube.com/watch?v=2o7MRZbG-tc

probably the best punk album in the past 10 years

no?

That's not Violence Violence tho...

im sorry you have shit taste

Give me something else like Bad Brains

I've listened to a couple albums in the genre and thought they were pretty good but haven't found anything that I loved immediately as much as their s/t (specifically the punk part ofc I could take or leave the reggae songs)

lmao, okay
that album is some of the most by the numbers hardcore/post-hardcore out there.

i saw them tour on that 2006 album and they were fucking old geezers and played a blistering 2.5 hour set. just fucking insane.

here's a classic
youtube.com/watch?v=NRZPMU17oyY

i wonder if the misfits still had the energy on their reunion tour

this album id criminally underrated

dude honestly this is cringe as fuck music, get the fuck off this thread

Does Sup Forums like actual classic punk like saints and dead boys and stuff?

Too much butt hurt in this thread. Here's some tits.

>Rap died when it stopped being about hippity hopping and not stopping
kek

n-no this