AJJ - The Bible 2

it's getting pretty good

Agreed.

I kind of like these fuckers, but the SJW shit is such a turn-off when bands do it.

I don't see why people keep bringing up this point regarding them. You should be glad they're not the extreme kind of SJW like some bands.

Their lyrics almost never bring up SJW issues (except that ONE song which shouldn't even be taken seriously).

Just knowing it ruins it in part for me. It was the same with Grizzly Bear when they sperged the fuck out over their 9.8/10 or whatever.

Actually about 40% of their songs are about social issues, but handled in the same manner as the rest of their songs (which are mostly about emotional issues), so they don't come off as preachy (at least to me) because it sounds more like just expressing how shit it is to live like that.

What exactly ruins them though? What have they done that prevents you from enjoying their music? Was it the name change?

Good point, that's pretty much what I meant. It's not as preachy as people make it out to be. It's very inward.

Well 2, American Tune and FUCK WHITE PEOPLE, both of which I have a hard time not taking seriously after they change their name, refuse to play Ladykiller and change lyrics like "deep down in your cunt" when playing live because it's "misogynistic".

Still I'm not a sperg so I can separate the artist from the art. I look forward to this new album.

I think my favorite track so far is Junkie Church.

Everything else just kinda feels like Chirstmas Island II 2 two, the squeakual.

I'm sure it will grow on me. I wish they would get rid of that "fuzzy" overdrive bullshit that they started with christmas island. I think it sounds like garbage.

They said on twitter that they won't be making another "fuzz rock" record next time.

thank. fucking. god.

It's certainly not my favorite of theirs but they seem to fit together better as a band this time around if that makes sense. It also seems a lot more experimental than any of their past albums. So far I'm giving it a 7/10, but there's still one track to go.

it's terrible, ajj haven't been good since knife man. their lyrics have never been good except now they Take Themselves Seriously

lol

However, they also said they won't be going back to their old style, so I guess we're getting something completely different.

But Knife Man was bad and Christmas Island was good?

American tune is pretty good song though.

people still care about these numale pussies?

>Free bird and Big Bird aren't the most beautiful end to an album

>two songs make an album of sixteen songs good

nigga theres like 2 weak ones and 2 not even songs ur h8in

Has this leaked yet?

Not hating, it's just a really uninteresting record apart from a few decent tracks.

all the tracks but the last one have been officially released.

I only sorta like this band but I love how triggered they make people so I'll probably listen to this at some point.

fuuuck, I don't know if I should listen to what's been released or hold out for the full thing.

I know hating AJJ because they're "cucks" or whatever is a big meme here but I've unironically liked them since way before they made the stupid decision to change their name. People Who Can Eat People... is a fantastic album. Knife Man is good too and honestly I like American Tune, I mean are they really wrong?

Christmas Island was pretty meh although it did have some really good tracks.

you might as well wait until the last song is released, I kinda regret not doing so.

You only have to wait 1 day till the whole thing comes out so wait.

I'm enjoying the album way more just from having the last few tracks on there. Seems more like a complete thing than CI

Instrumetnally Christmas Island was really weak but that was the first time Sean Bonnette and Ben Gallaty actually had a cohesive band so it's forgivable. While the lyrical style is more abstract, I honestly think Sean is improving so much lyrically.

I honestly think guys this is their best album. The lyricism is absolutely phenomenal.

Goodbye, Oh Goodbye being about the abuse sean face as a child from his stepfather is something most people might miss, but when you pay attention he makes you actually feel like you were there, but he seems like he's moved passed it, whereas Deep Dark Basement he still seems bitter and ragey which is why Goodbye, Oh Goodbye is a much better song about past trauma. Small Red Boy really ties this all together with his whole moving on deal and growing as a person.

I honestly think this is their best album.

aw hell, shit like that is worse than the songs imo. Fuck White People is clearly tongue in cheek, I like it

I haven't been paying attention to the lyrics too much but from what I heard it actually sounded kind of weak to me. You've encouraged me to look deeper into them though. I think it just sounded like a lot of repeating lyrics which started to lose my interest.

I've posted in this thread quite a bit already but does anyone else think the cover would look a million times better without that colourful swirly thing?

I'm in the opposite boat. The Bible 2 feels more like Christmas Island: Done Right than anything

Yeah that's completely understandable; it's a completely different style than what they normally do. It's a lot more articulate than their usual stuff, and a bit harder to digest because of it. Definitely doesn't necessarily make them better, but I do think sean has been improving at his craft. I especially like "you were perched atop my shoulder; you were pecking at my head and if I had a hole to crawl in I'd be there and be dead" because it says so much with so little. Perched atop one's shoulder sounds merely like a strange metaphor, but if you've ever had your shoulder grabbed by an adult, it feels like a bird's talons digging into it. It gives a really grim connotation for what he's had to deal with, given the following "peckign at my head" line.

The 'if i had a whole to crawl it' bit is really powerful too because he actually had NOWHERE to go. It stresses the misery and the claustrophobia, as well as giving their usual "man this sucked so hard" that they already do so well

The whole thing just leaked btw

Cool, I'll definitely read along with it soon.

Think this is maybe their best work, Knife Man and everything before is a bit played out at this point and Christmas Island has some great songs but it still sounded a tad shanty, this seems to have the better lyrics and songwriting

this

god just wish they hadn't changed their name Andrew Jacjson Jihad was one of the best band names ever. "AJJ" is just so... boring.

I don't really understand why they changed the name at all, I don't really care about it, but it seemed like Andrew Jackson Jihad was incendiary but meaningless which seemed fitting of the tongue in cheeky social commentary they wrote.
I guess times move on, a small band called Halfrican are changing name because some white dudes in Leeds cancelled one of their gigs because of their name

okay, i can how that as a legitimate reason. but it just seems as if they changed to AJJ to be more accessible or increase their reach or something. Nothing wrong with that, but it really turned me off from their music. This and that OK Go video. God...

I'm saying in support of keeping the original name, like the point was to rile people over nothing, but maybe that's a white bias or something. The album is good though it's all personal stuff which makes it more palatable.

I'm in agreement with everyone saying this is Christmas Island done right. For as good as some of the songs on that are there's something missin in the arangement department that really got fixed here.

Uhh is he fucking satanic now, or is that just symobilism? It's pretty intense either way. I hate religion, so I hope he isn't satanic.

Knife Man was good the first few listens but really made me hate myself. Not really interested in feeling the same so I'll pass.

knife man was alright

why did it make you hate yourself?

>when they sperged the fuck out over their 9.8/10 or whatever
Details?

I think the fuzz rock NMH worship would be good if they did interesting shit with it but by and large they didn't

The first two songs were good, the last song was one of my favorites and the acoustic ones were good and the rest were really dull. Live version of Kokopelli Face Tattoo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> album

I loved the name Andrew Jackson Jihad and I think AJJ is lame but it's their choice to do what they want with the band and if they wanted to change their name to "All White People Should Be Enslaved As Repayment For Their Crimes Against Humanity" I wouldn't really care that much if the music was still good

If its like Christmas Island at all it probably sucks.

I really like AJJ but I hated Christmas Island

>people getting mad that artists won't make their old stuff over and over again
the eternal struggle

waiting for the whole thing to come out, interested to see which direction this album will bring them. seems like they have a lot of options, what with their decently varied discography and whatnot, but i really enjoyed People who can eat people and Christmas island(believe it or not)

i keep saying this, and no one ever listens, they changed it because they dont think its as funny to be edgy about how they dont like andrew jackson anymore, also you cant get booked around parts of the USA with a name including the word JIHAD right now

You're 0 for 2 on this one guy. Sean said in an interview that jihad was offensive to Muslims and that they are no longer obsessed with andrew jackson and find him off putting. It was all a move to be more PC.

When I'm A Dead Boy is a nice closer