I hear a lot of people on Sup Forums talk about how much Animal Collective sucks...

I hear a lot of people on Sup Forums talk about how much Animal Collective sucks. This is the only album I've listened to by them, and it's amazing. Do the rest of their albums suck or something? Do people think this album sucks? Will I be happy with their other albums or will I be disappointed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MDHGgwwL4UI
youtube.com/watch?v=wEwau8ofkho
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

zitto animale

That's their biggest record, so people think it sucks.

Strawberry Jam is their best record. In the earlier periods, listen to Spirit They're Gone and Here Comes The Indian. They're noisy and erratic so be warned if you're expecting more MPP.

They are just memeing. There isn't a significant critic in music rn that would deny that AnCo were one of the most, if not THE most, significant groups of the 2000's. From STGSTV to MPP they don't have a bad album.

Quit getting memed on so hard. They've got tons of great stuff.

You'll probably really like strawberry jam, feels and maybe painting with.
If you don't like Avant-garde/noise stuff you won't like STGSTV, danse manatee, hollindagain or HCTI.
Try out campfire songs, its cosy and warm.
Fuck Sung tongs and CHz, they're piles of shit

The albums before mpp are better than mpp, the albums after mpp are worse

>Shits on Sung Tongs
>It's their best album

*to CHz

MPP is a great album, but they've made better. People here just shit on them to get other people mad
I envy you because now you get to explore their wonderful discography for the first time

>likes campfire songs
>Fuck Sung Tongs
wow dude, i'm really impressed by your very intelligent and not contrarian taste

Yeah, all their stuff is great, though it has the possibility of being inaccessible, just have an open mind when you go back to the early stuff

>Fuck Sung tongs
you what

Campfire Songs isn't contrarian though, it's their best album

Disliking sung tongs is pretty contrarian, especially since he didn't give a reason why he hates it

>it's their best album
this opinion is contrarian

Hey everyone here's my opinion on
Animal Collective

>GOD TIER
Strawberry Jam
Here Comes The Indian
Fall Be Kind
Person Pitch

>FANTASTIC TIER
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Feels
Spirit They're Gone Spirit They've Vanished

>GREAT TIER
Painting With
Sung Tongs
Water Curses

>GOOD TIER
Danse Manatee
Campfire Songs
Centipede Hz
Prospect Hummer

>OKAY TIER
Hollinndagain

that's like their fifth best album

>fuck sung tongs

pure pleb

Well it's tied for best album with HCTI. This is just my opinion, though, and I like every AnCo album.

What is their best album in your opinion

CS is their worst fucking album, the one off atmospheric tracks off their other albums are a lot better than the tracks on CS

animal collective is one of the best bands of the past 16 years. my personal fav albums are sj, sung tongs, feels, stgstv, and mpp. the rest of their discography is fantastic too but nothing compares to those

>"best album"
>20% of it is one chord played badly

Listen, obviously no one can agree on their best and worst albums, and so just in that sense they're worth exploring.

good posts

not him but kyle yourself

seelikeing campfire songs isn't contrarian.
DM, PW and CHz are contrarian bc they're not very good.
I just hate sung tongs with a passion

CS their worst? But it's a fantastic experience

The buildup and transition to such a melancholy track like Doggy. All the nuances of the three guitars and three voices. It's crazy to me that they were even able to achieve that rich ambiance that they did with just voices and guitars. And what about the constant sound of nature behind it the whole time. And I think it's in Moo Rah Rah Rain when you can hear the rain falling. The way the cracked twigs and the airplane passing overhead.

Just look at the end of The Queen in my Pictures transitioning to Doggy. In my opinion, that is one of AnCo's best moments. And in my opinion, it's one of their best lyrically too

Animal Collective is fantastic, but since this place enjoys memeing everything, they act like they suck
MPP is great, but STGSTV is objectively their best. It's really noisy and avant, so don't try to jump right into it. If you want more MPP-ish stuff, listen to Strawberry Jam and Feels (their second best album)

Doggy is one of their best songs, but Campfire Songs is too stuck up its tribal ass to be the best AnCo.

Essplode is easily in their top five best songs. For those who haven't heard this shit because they were turned away from Danse Manatee by the reception: youtube.com/watch?v=MDHGgwwL4UI

Animal Collective is legitimately one of the worst bands of all time.

This is what happens when a bunch of faux-artsy numales really want to be cool and different but are too dumb and uninteresting to do it any way possible and also think they're too good for anything that conveys any kind of emotion. Or is catchy. Or is written well. Or has anything redeeming.

Listening to this god-awful band is like having an 8th grader beat me over the head with a finger painting. It is so contrived it's agonizing. These guys so hard to be artsy it sounds like the members have veigns popping out of their forehead.

It goes out of its way to be different because it has no other ways to be interesting and the way it's different is just random bullshit. It's lame as fuck and them cranking that factor up to 11 doesn't change that.

I don't expect any kind of rebuttal because their fans are the worst kind of hipsters that act like babies when someone doesn't like what they like and think insulting someone is an argument.

Nice copypasta bucko! :)

holy shit man, you hate them with a passion

To be honest, the real thrill of listening to their music is their live boots. They've been playing Loch Raven and Alvin Row at recent shows, but they've changed them a bit. They did the same with Taste over a period of years and they played it during the CHz tour with a different bass and drum groove. It was pretty sweet actually. Video below.

youtube.com/watch?v=wEwau8ofkho

There used to be a video up there from the Centipede Hz CD that had a way better recording of this with some awesome abstract art work going on over the band done by Danny Perez.