Anyone else fall for this meme in the current year?

Anyone else fall for this meme in the current year?

yeah bought my setup this February and have been wasting money on records ever since. constantly going through buyers remorse wondering if it was worth it. then those days when I see a lp mailer at my door I get so excited I forget all the money I wasted. a constant emotional roller coster

/blogpost

i did but luckily havent spent too much

If it's an album I rate 8/10 or higher, I'll buy it on vinyl because I'm a faggot.

OP here.

Got mine like 3 years ago and just find myself playing it less and less when everything is just a click away. The "experience" kinda lost its charm.

>(((vinyl)))
nah. i gave up on that ruse years ago

Every record I want to buy is like $10 in the EU and $20 + shipping in the US.

I got my set up in May and am still loving it. I spend around $100 a month on new records. It's a lot of fun.

I've started re-selling the limited runs I can get to quickly and then getting a standard copy of the album for myself. It's become a self-sustaining hobby.

Got my first record last September, after that i got a record or two every now and then. After that i started splurging out hard, buying more and more from thrift stores and record shops, i even got my brother to bring me Geogaddi and IAOTS from his trip to London since they were expensive here. Now i've got around 60-70 records, 7-inches counted too. It's a fun hobby, and it gives me an excuse to go full autismo about music. Currently have an AT-LP120 as my turntable, a Pro-Ject pre-amp and two Behringer studio-monitors as my speakers. It's meme gear, i know. Here are pics of some albums i got a few weeks ago.

Got my first record last September, after that i got a record or two every now and then. After that i started splurging out hard, buying more and more from thrift stores and record shops, i even got my brother to bring me Geogaddi and IAOTS from his trip to London since they were expensive here. Now i've got around 60-70 records, 7-inches counted too. It's a fun hobby, and it gives me an excuse to go full autismo about music. Currently have an AT-LP120 as my turntable, a Pro-Ject pre-amp and two Behringer studio-monitors as my speakers. It's meme gear, i know. Here are pics of some albums i got a few weeks ago.

I fell for it three years ago, and I'm still into it

Fuck my shitty ass internet connection goddamnit

"Error sending reply" my ass

>tfw your favorite album doesn't have a vinyl release

How do you find the LP-120? I've still got a shitty LP-60 that I want to upgrade. It hasn't done my records any harm, but it's basic as shit and I know I can do better.

Not gonna lie, I really want Toxicity in vinyl, but too bad they're all counterfeits.

LP120 is like a not quite as good technics 1200

It's the easiest way to listen to King Crimson

>tfw you ordered a copy of one of your favorites since it finally got repressed now and it's been 2 weeks since the time it was supposed to arrive and the store you ordered it from has sent you multiple messages about how they are not sure if they'll get new copies soon
Fucking XL Records goddamnit, press that wax faster

whys that

I own an LP-60. I'm your basic turntable retard, I have no idea how good a technics 1200 is supposed to be.

The only one I don't regret buying is TBK and Amnesiac
I fell hard

what album?

My record player is fun to use and it makes me look more interesting than I really am

>tfw almost exclusively buy video game soundtrack pressings and dream catalogue releases because they might become valuable one day

Easy to use for a first timer like me, easy to maintain but the build quality heavily varies

The tonearm in mine is slightly bent, meaning that the headshell and cart (atleast when observed with a naked eye) doesn't seem to be sitting straight. It however sounds fine.

Mine has some motor noise when you start it up, luckily it's non-audible when playing records.

So yeah, get one if you wan't something more for your money. I only use it to listen to records anyway so i have no idea about it's DJ'ing capabilities, but people have said it's almost like an Technics SL-1200. I'm probably gonna get a replacement cart for the supplied AT95E if i mess up, or just get a new cart like the Shure M97XE.

now that i think of it...buddhism tells us we must rid ourselves of posessions. maybe we should throw our stuff away?

King Crimson doesnt release his music on Spotify or iTunes or anything

As I see it, we have to give it all up when we die anyway. Nobody's gonna look at you and say "rip user, he owned a first pressing of ITCOTCK" when you're gone. Enjoy what you want while you're around to enjoy it.

Suck a fat one, Buddhism.

Not throw away but sell.

I haven't touched my GameCube in years and in total with the games I have I could easily score like $600 on eBay

>the only people regretting the "vinyl meme" only buy trendy p4k albums

Why am I not surprised

The 120 is good and better than the 60. If you're upgrading from the 60, upgrade to something a little bit better. If you find it used in Craigslist for a good price get the technics sl-1200. If you're buying new, get the sexy pro-ject Debut Carbon.

That one in the pic is the official repress made in 2010, in yellow

Oh shit I didn't know there was an official release

How much was it?

>Getting into this hobby after 2010

That's how you know you never truly gave a fuck.

Anyone have experience with getting rid of their vinyl/records?

Did you mess them/get over it or relapse?

>Shure M97XE.

I just bought one of these for my LP-120 and had to return it because it came with a crooked stylus. Many amazon reviewers had the same problem. Apparently Shure's quality control is awful.

Bought an Ortofon Red instead and replaced the headshell with an Ortofon SH-4 for good measure and couldn't be happier with how it's sounding