ITT: American bands you thought were british/british bands you thought were American

ITT: American bands you thought were british/british bands you thought were American

I thought they were from Africa

These dudes were all over the place

I always thought Captain Beefheart was British

American music is shit btw

Rush

Well Byrne is Welsh

god I crack myself up

He's Scottish.

My subconscious refuses to believe that Sparks are from LA

Paul Banks is actually from England

how could you possibly think he's british him and his music screams williamsburg hipster in the mid to late 00's

They sound birtish because they actually decided to, from wikipedia

> In the beginning they attempted to emulate the sound of their English idols, such as the Who, Syd Barrett-era Pink Floyd and the Kinks, sometimes even pretending to be an English band while on the LA club circuit. They relocated to England during the glam rock era where, despite cutting an odd figure on this scene, they found success with their polished brand of intricate pop tunes and convoluted lyrics. Early albums such as Kimono My House combined glam rock with elements of bubblegum pop and baroque music. By the second half of the decade, they were concerned that the sound they had developed while based in England was in danger of becoming stale; they returned to LA, determined to adopt a more "West Coast" sound.

I guess that explains it

Daniel Kesler is as well

It's a joke

legitimately thought these guys were British for like a month

hey FUCK you bud

Its a reference to North American Scum

Yeah, they use fake British accents

led zepplin

it was very confusing at first

I thought TVU was all british except for Lou

also thought Simon and Garfunkel were British when I was younger

I thought Scott Walker was British

Not me but a lot of people in the US seem to think the Rolling Stones are an American band

>Walker has lived in the UK since 1965; he became a British citizen in 1970
Not originally british, but close

The Byrds

John Cale was from Wales.

yeah thats kind of what I meant. When I first saw an interview with him I was really surprised to hear his accent

To be fair, are there any good american shugazi bands apart from these guys and LSD?

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Madonna

Lilys

Sparks

deerhunter
pains of being pure at heart