Boring rockist imitation of jazz with pretentious electronic elements
shit

What makes the electronic elements in this album pretentious

makes me wanna try knish

>knish
whats that?

Gorgeous

/x/ here, fun fact:

the lines at the bottom of the cover are called a hexagram. they're taken from an ancient chinese divining book called the I-Ching where there are 64 different hexagrams, and each one gives different advice in the form of wise proverbs and whatnot. the hexagram featured at the bottom of the future days cover is hexagram #50, The Cauldron. The accompanying text that goes with it roughly translates to:

>The cauldron symbolizes nourishment and rejuvenation. Sooner or later, good comes to those who do good; joy comes to those who bring humor to others; opportunity comes to those who persist in their dreams. Rejuvenation is a returning to one’s natural desires and the recharging of batteries that comes through the fulfillment of aspirations. This reading suggests nourishment and transformation for people of goodwill. Great good fortune and success are indicated here.

idk if anyone here cares, but i thought it was cool that these guys were into that kind of stuff.

to answer op's question, i think it's one of the best albums of all time

Don't wait for a reply, people who criticize something as "pretentious" are usually talking out of their ass

fantastic

thanks

no problem:)

do you hate all fusion? because that post just criticized the entire genre, and not just this album.

My favorite Can album. Truly sublime.
Interesting. Thanks for the share.

Literally just listened to it, just at random.

Pretty good, one of Can's better ones.

nice. be sure to give it a couple more listens at some point because it's definitely a grower.

It's great, one of my 10/10 albums and all time favs.

>Thanks for the share.
my pleasure. i never noticed until someone made a thread about the album here a few weeks ago and posted HD album art which made it more visible. makes me wonder how into mysticism and occultism they were

They never really struck me as occult, maybe some stuff in Tago Mago has some meaning though

tago mago>ege bamyasi>future days

i would reverse this list. tago mago suffers a bit from the second half imo. ege is just a pure representation of their style and it has a couple of their catchiest songs. and then future days is just something else entirely. all three are still fantastic albums though

I never really cared for the second half of tago until I listened to it super blazed. Which is a little silly needing drugs to get it but it definitely have me more of an appreciation for it.

Listened to it for the first time today and loved it
>inb4 late
Any great Can albums post Damo? I've listened to everything with him and before him and heard mixed things about the post Damo stuff

future days > monster movie > tago mago > ege bamyasi

the damo stuff is definitely their best, but flow motion is a pretty fun take on reggae
youtube.com/watch?v=WaHYcuVhdJY

Sucks shit