Thoughts?

thoughts?

lol you discovered that album in this site, you already know we love it

bretty good

(the slow, drawn out compositions carry a certain weight that gives this album a great feel)

Yeah, but why? I'm looking for a more substantial answer than "it's good, man"

Everyone loves it and its a 10/10

It is slowcore that ignores the "write a sad pop song and play it slowly" stuff. It's spacious, emotive, indie rock that drifts along, taking you with it

babys first patrician album

I know this is an entry level album now, but its been years since ive been listening to this and I still discover something new on every listen. its such a wonderful album, kind of defines the genre space rock, as if youre literally floating into space and all you hear is this lofi recording and a voice in the distant

OP, if you want to listen to something similar try Women - public strain

The songwriting is really solid. For such a comfy album, it still doesn't seem to have any really "bland" moments or autopilot songs, and I think it really paid off with my favourite parts of the album:
- the fuzzier sections of tracks like echo, bravo
-the gorgeous instrumental 7-minute title track in the middle of the album
- ending the album with sideria

The production is also pretty varied throughout and it still manages to consistently bring out that hazy feeling they seemed to be going for, without it seeming tired or overdone by the end of the album.

gotta be honest, i still don't think this sounds like space. never has. flying in a plane, maybe.

Gold Rush is the only good song

the lo-fi sound hives it a comfy atmosphere
it's extremely catchy but at the same time not poppy
melodies are melancholic and very 90s, it's the perfect album that captures nostalgia

it's because it's "space rock"
not particularly good space rock but i see why people refer to it as that

Any other albums that are like this?

uh oh, the shitters have scurried out of the rafters

i mean, you have to admit, the album sounds like a collection of unreleased demos
i guess that appeals to some people but it doesn't do it for me

try death cab for cuties we have the facts and photo album
also yo la tengo - nothing turned itself

doo da doo DA doo da doo da doo DA doo da doo da doo DA doo da doo da doo DA doo da

drunk
with
hope
for the better things
the gears
all
froze
for the millennium
the same
moon
as
the wrong kiss
south
down
east
left
out

nigga, it's in my top 50. it just doesn't sound like space. space is weird and bleep bloopy and quiet. it's not rock music

one of my favorite albums & one of my fav bands

Fucking borecore. Jesus the wank this album gets is so damn unwarranted, it's unbelievable

it's cozy

my favorite of all time, easily

it's beautiful and emotional and atmospheric kind of weird

my favorite part is the oddly niche emotion that it triggers though, it's like a detached sort of longing for intense feeling

abilene (2001)

great suggestion actually
also try the large number of other duster releases and the various side projects and post-projects members have been involved in, especially valium aggelein

it really doesn't...the production's lo-fi but it's the sharpest they ever sounded really, and the songwriting is the weirdest and mathiest they ever got. it's a very well-polished album, the guitar tones, various background effects, sequencing, and pure creativity are all at their peak for duster

incredible, too bad its $300 on vinyl

Reminder that duster are reuniting

what

this is good ty

what an asshole

cunt

This album is the soundtrack to all the time I've wasted in my life.
What looked like junk I tossed aside but in hindsight it was more precious than gold.

None (none) of you knew about duster until I started posting them a few years back. You're all absolutely fucking clueless. You don't know how to listen to music.

what other groups have you personally introduced to Sup Forums?

haha sure man, it's not like pitchfork didn't review all of their stuff at one point

so good

iS tHiS tRuE?/?/??

I don't think there's a single person who dislikes this album

yeah but it won't matter unless Clay is back on board and writing most of the songs, he's the true genius behind the band

Yeah why the hell hasn't this been reissuedyet. Hell just make a boxset of all their stuff

Topical Solution is the greatest song of all time