Is there any hope for this board?

is there any hope for this board?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/find/userchart?usernames=sodr2,Kishinev,daisiesfree,carburador,iloveyou,katelynn,Pate,fruitfork,chocol_te,I0000days,treeqt,EtInArcadiaEgo,randomforest,cosmictones,hladik,boldfaure,snordine,phlg,hamtrax,Montie_Ray,Linkshander,fawnfawn,Miss_Fortune,tolkkii,underr,vandelay__,supersweep,glmox,funeralparade,Deagger,chumlum,classifriend,Quilled_Investigator,psychometry,prostagma
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

this is my jam is a gay phrase so I agree

The pleb/patrician dynamic is the only thing keeping this board from turning into r/music.

A lot of you idiots have this idea that everyone's music taste must be respected and that it's okay to justify why you enjoy things only with "it sounds good." If this attitude is not kept in check, no discussion becomes possible.

Try going to /r/music and telling people they have shit taste for listening to my chemical romance or linkin park. They'll downvote you and tell you to be more accepting of people who like different music than you. This attitude stops people from expanding their taste and exploring the broad world of music; instead they stay stuck in their same shitty bands, because everyone coddles them and nobody tells them to go find some less shit music.

Calling people plebian, insulting people's taste, is absolutely necessary for having productive music discussions.

t. underage

Who the heck cares????????????????? It's just music. Something you just play on in the background while you're doing something else.

Pretty good bait

i agree almost completely but so much of the time (probably due to the anonymity factor) it's JUST name calling instead of actual discussion. pleb/patrician is a huge cop out

I think it's foolish to dismiss pleb/patrician posting as hipster shot posting.

you would have to be ignorant to ignore the fact that as an entertainment form seeks a larger audience, they become more generic and milquetoast to avoid giving anyone something they may not like. in comparison when a form of entertainment focuses on a smaller niche they have more room to explore that niche and provide something much more enjoyable as a whole since sacrifices don't need to be made so you're grandma will want to listen to it too.

Pleb/patrician is one of the few things responsible of this board not turning into an even bigger shithole. /r/music seems to be more of your liking, OP

This. We want Neo-Sup Forums to leave!

yea man, you're above the age of 18 and still go around saying that?

Yeah that's true but low effort posts are a different issue entirely. People will always post more 2-word responses instead of well-thought-out arguments, not much you can do about that

That's a great theory except for most of what's posted on the board is Linkin Park / Foo Fighters -tier by a different name.

Also, since when is exploring music outside rock and rap pleb? It's the opposite but that makes you a tryhard poseur, much better to start another rock or rap thread or spam your waifu

this desu

more often than not the people who spout the pleb/patrician shit have nothing to contribute anyway. the actual 'patricians' are the ones discussing the music, not waving their flaccid dicks about and shitting on everyone.

You seem very familiar with reddit. May I suggest that you go back?

then you recognize its just bantz and you can enjoy it as such

Not necessarily "gay" or "underage" per se, it's just nigger language.

yeah, this guy's right. it seems like every day i meet more people who can only say they like music because it "sounds good."

>Calling people plebian, insulting people's taste, is absolutely necessary for having productive music discussions.
Are you a trump supporter?

This
Music is fucking boring and this board is complete shit and full of hipster autists who actually sit down and listen to pretentious noise rather than good music so they can be different
I don't even know why I go to this board sometimes, it's cringy that you get so angry over music. Sup Forums is miles ahead of this shithole

Most music discussed on Sup Forums is significantly better than Linkin Park and Foo Fighters. Don't fall for the memes, Radiohead and Swans are not that great but they're much better than linkin park.

>since when is exploring music outside rock and rap pleb?
What? I didn't say that.

>It's the opposite but that makes you a tryhard poseur,
The people who call others tryhards and poseurs are plebs, and they are the problem with neo-Sup Forums. If they get too numerous this board will turn even more into /r/music

Prime example of

i love the bantz, problem is especially with all the recent newfags they take it seriously

>homophobia
get out

hi sorry Im a 90S KID and gay had a very specific meaning to us and once it became culturally unacceptable to use it in such a way I've struggled to find another word that conveys the same meaning of 90s gay and sometimes I forget the world has passed me by

Sup Forums is the exactly the same fucking thing as reddit except instead of circlejerking Queen/Dadrock people circlejerk more "obscure" bands like Radiohead, Swans, Ween etc. Nobody listens to anything except what's on the essentials charts and the only time this board deviates from the same boring artists is in the sharethreads or maybe /daily/. Nobody on here actively digs for new music. The only thing pleb/patrician does is filter top 40 out and even then, charting artists are still posted here.

This board is good for shitposting and nothing else.

"lame"

You leave Ween out of this

growing up gay in the 90s was so fun
no wonder i internalized so much self disdain as a child lmao

>This board is good for shitposting and nothing else.
You're part of the problem

>Nobody on here actively digs for new music.
Speak for yourself

>thinking /daily/ is good

Maybe you should leave

This board has been a huge garbage fire since late 2010. The golden age is over. Stop trying to resuscitate it.

>Nobody listens to anything except what's on the essentials charts

You must admit that there are thousands of albums in those charts, therefore you are still digging for new music.

Better Radiohead and Swans than Coldplay and Limp Bizkit.

Also you're wrong if you think people only listen to the essentials. Obviously the essentials are the most common but there is plenty of other music to be found. Go browse a chart thread.

Have you heard any good metal recently?

Check the catalogue senpai. It's full of generals, chart threads and meme threads. You can't polish a turd.

Never said it was good, at least there are lesser known albums posted there.

>browse a chart thread
fucking kek

>This attitude stops people from expanding their taste and exploring the broad world of music
why do you think that would happen?

posters who "expand" because they are made to feel inadequate about their preferences instead out of genuine interest are the definition of "posers", clueless, good for namedropping recs every once in a while but useless for discussion

besides instead of just throwing around insults, you could be the change you want to see and explain to "them" why you think those are bad artists

"bad taste" is the least thing that makes this board shit

Not really. Everything is so stagnant.

Except instead of people genuinely enjoying music it caused people to turn into posers and pseudo intellectual measuring their e-dongs on RYM and racing who has more obscure taste

Plebs with homest taste are more fun to talk with than wannabe patricians with dishonest taste

Also, you are fucking autistic

Were there meta threads complaining about board quality in 2009/10?

Nigger the whole point of chart threads is to find new music, right? Therefore there clearly are people looking for new music because they're fucking posting on chart threads

Some people actually enjoy finding obscure music. Most on Sup Forums probably don't though. People namedrop traditional albums but /trad/ dies everytime

kill yourself faggot

i heard this band naraja pazuzu or something is bretty good

Every board has this sort of threads and in every thread someone says something along the lines of "it has always been shit"

Patricians with honest taste are the best though.

As with anything, you have to find a balance.

>doing something else while listening to music
pleb detected

The main problem with this board is that it's constantly getting new underaged users that think entry-level shit like Death Grips, Neutral Milk Hotel, Animal Collective and Grimes are legitimately good

NMH and AnCo are the most influential bands of the last 20 years,and this is not an opinion but a fact.

>Some people actually enjoy finding obscure music
I do too, but it's so easy to find obvious posers because they have nearly identical taste

True

>NMH and AnCo are the most influential bands of the last 20 years
Pearl Jam, REM, Oasis, Radiohead or The Strokes were all more influential

>Sup Forums tier racism
Get out

>pearl jam
>oasis

low quality bait

im sorry buddy i love you

the second new music gets discussed everyone shits on it. this board is so reputation/image-based and way more self-conscious than i think is good for it, it's sort of exhausting

It's true though
They definitely influenced more bands than some bunch of faggots whining and twinkling on guitar while dropping acid

people not liking what you like is not the problem, it's just your own autism

low effort shitposting, cynical, clueless, opinionated bullshit that is just as low effort, being overly-self conscious under the guise of irony, basically all the typical Sup Forums bullshit overpowering genuine attempts at exchange between posters is the problem

(not true, by the way)
The /rym/ elite thrive in musical discovery
rateyourmusic.com/find/userchart?usernames=sodr2,Kishinev,daisiesfree,carburador,iloveyou,katelynn,Pate,fruitfork,chocol_te,I0000days,treeqt,EtInArcadiaEgo,randomforest,cosmictones,hladik,boldfaure,snordine,phlg,hamtrax,Montie_Ray,Linkshander,fawnfawn,Miss_Fortune,tolkkii,underr,vandelay__,supersweep,glmox,funeralparade,Deagger,chumlum,classifriend,Quilled_Investigator,psychometry,prostagma

THIS THIS THIS

/thread to the max

lmao

Stop samefagging faggot
Post your RYM

>this is legitimately what turboplebs think of anco

>They definitely influenced more bands than some bunch of faggots whining and twinkling on guitar while dropping acid
Listen man, I like AnCo, and I understand that they get way too much attention on this board, but you should actually listen to them before you insult them

if you want dishonest posturing, sure

>implying anco isn't for turboplebs

>Phoneposter
kys

Sorry my dude I have a life :^)

Keep accusing me of samefagging though I love it

>I have a life
>so addicted to Sup Forums he's browsing it outside of his house

Fucking kek

>most of what's posted on the board is Linkin Park / Foo Fighters -tier

lmao

>thread turned into samefag arguing
we cant even complain about the board right

subtracting hooks or stage presence and adding some "eclectic" "influences" doesnt make grimes or whatever more or less worthwhile

>unless you listen to Sup Forumscore you are a tryhard pretending

Just wow

if you dont listen to mucore because you dont want to get shit on for listening to mucore you are a tryhard pretending, more like

>implying that's what everyone must be doing

>nobody here actively digs for new music
wrong

that's what user is advocating for

the real cause of death was the invasion of Sup Forums cancer and an influx of retard newfags who didn't lurk and learn before posting their uninformed idiocy, making most of the board off-topic alt right retardation and ruining what little musuc discussion remains

also this; with the influx of said dipshit newfags came a shift towards reddit-esque hugbox culture, and the elitism that kept Sup Forums at least marginally interesting died out

just ignore grimes. nobody on Sup Forums likes her except for waifufags

Yeah because these terms change the fact that %90 of mu is indie rock listener faggots

If it makes you feel any better, Sup Forums is actually the snobbiest hipster board.

If it's popular, they will shit all over it.

People who spend their free time talking in-depth about music and taking it extremely seriously are universally garbage so it's no wonder that communities based around such people are complete dumpster fires void of any desirable conversation. Go figure this board's full of self-absorbed tryhards.

bump this is the best thread in age

>If it's popular, they will shit all over it.

>they constantly praise entry-level shit like NGE, Cowboy Bebop, K-ON! etc.

>only half of those people post on Sup Forums
>"/rym/"

they're just rym