When dubstep becomes outdated will it go the way of disco (i.e...

When dubstep becomes outdated will it go the way of disco (i.e. a dubstep demolition night) or will it simply fade away and reappear 3 decades later like synthpop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a-jg8ZsmJW4
youtube.com/watch?v=VlLKVYPblos
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco_Demolition_Night
youtube.com/watch?v=4zlR6cLQnYQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

more like DISCO

Dubstep will, Brostep will die and never come back

Undeground disco was great also dubstep was good before Americans got their grubby hands on it.

did you make this post in 2009 or

Do you mean will dubstep becoming the foundation to pretty much all of dance music that follows it like (like disco) or become pretty much entirely a part of pop music except for a decade where it is mostly rejected by the alternative scene (while still really being part of pop music) like synthpop?

Was dubstep even a thing in 2009? I thought it was more 2010 or so.

Dubstep has been a thing since the 90s, are you truly this ignorant?

Dubstep is outdated, we bout that trap now

I meant what is going to be the outcome of Dubstep as a genre? Will it all-together die out as a genre or will it be reincarnated in the future. Not about it's influence.

Wait what? Are you serious? What was some 90s dubstep?

Although this was released in 2007, this is what traditional dubstep sounds like.

youtube.com/watch?v=a-jg8ZsmJW4

Compared to modern brostep.

youtube.com/watch?v=VlLKVYPblos

the backlash against disco was less about the music more about angry dumb bigoted white people trying to oppress black and gay culture

(You)

Yeah or maybe because it was fucking shit

Do you think that there will be a backlash not only against dubstep, but EDM as a whole?

Probably, as all that is just a bastardized version of legitimate dance music

edm's dead dude

>dubstep was good before Americans got their grubby hands on it.
terrible meme

even worse meme

why is it less "legitimate", what does that even mean?

dubstep sounds better faster. tune into our drum and bass stream www (d0t) twitch (d0t) tv (sl@sh) theasylumlive

Wtf the first one isn't dubstep at all

Fuck off. DnB =/= Dubstep

This fucking board...

trap = disco, e.g. "black" energy music perpetrated by fags and spergs (like Young Thug)

there are great trap songs but as a genre it will be forgotten

But disco was the reason for the dance music genres we have today???? Your comparison is invalid

God, this thread

Sup Forums retard fuck off and read

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco_Demolition_Night

read above and also listen to more disco you plebeian trash

considering how it's been somewhat co-opted by white college-age brodudes and has become p much intertwined with "bro culture", it's entirely possible we'll see a similar backlash albeit in the opposite "direction". More likely however is that the trend just dies down without much incident, as music culture and consumption simply works differently now, and american society in geberal is marginally less ass-backwards and easily manipulated by tastemakers/content shovels (radio) than it was in the 70s.

who knows tho

Old school Dubstep, like big apple stuff from hatcha, skream, Benga etc. will resurge definitely like synthpop but brostep will always be looked back on as a joke genre.

what's wrong with being bigoted when you are superior?

if we're lucky the same will happen with trap

You're a fucking retard

do everyone a favor and read the wikipedia page for dubstep cause you clearly don't know shit.

>Read the Wikipedia article
Kek

I fucking lived it mate, i remember when it was all happening in Croydon.

The bulk of the actual backlash to disco was due to its oversaturation in the mid to late 70s (though its actual oversaturation is exaggerated by those who lived through it).

A small part of that backlash was due to cultural reasons. A small part. Disco as a musical concept never died and is the foundation of modern dance.

How dare people react negatively to dysfunctional sexuality that lead to an epidemic of sexual diseases. Truly the mark of an oppressive culture, that that does not endorse death by AIDS.

Modern EDM has co-opted both trap and dubstep.

"The drop" synthesized with "dat bass" into modern EDM.

Is this thread ironic, how many layers deep we @

youtube.com/watch?v=4zlR6cLQnYQ

I remember when trap was barely even a fucking thing. Shit time goes by fast

>How dare people react negatively to dysfunctional sexuality that lead to an epidemic of sexual diseases. Truly the mark of an oppressive culture, that that does not endorse death by AIDS.

is skrillex dubstep or brostep and what is brostep

Brostep is basically an Americanized form of dubstep that emphasizes heavy drops over quality. Skrillex is definitely responsible for it.