What's wrong with liking Sup Forumscore?

What's wrong with liking Sup Forumscore?

Nothing

nothing but I think people get bothered by the fact that "you're not looking hard enough for music"

Nothing, unless that's all you listen to and you think the best albums ever all happen to be Sup Forumscore too.

why is it bad to think some Sup Forumscore albums are the best ever? they wouldn't be Sup Forumscore if a group of music fanatics didn't like them so much

nothing. people just find it boring if everyone on here is talking about the same 10-20 albums/artists.

Keyword: some

ok I understand now

because it looks like you've been om Sup Forums for 10 minutes and you're just trying to fit in

I get this on a conceptual level but don't subscribe to it at all. There's so much music out there, good, great, terrible, laughable, life-changing, there's no bottom to "looking hard enough". Especially if one creates their own music, one has to strike a balancing between producing and consuming.

Besides, pleasing Sup Forumstants is a fool's errand. Even if you're the most musically knowledgable person in the thread, it's impossible to prove here and you'll get shit on for something anyway

because other people really like it, so you're not allowed to as well

oh yeah! you're right!

Nothing, those albums are great. The problem is when people come on Sup Forums for a week and then all of a sudden those are their favorite albums.
also this It's not even like Sup Forums discovered those or anything. The whole Sup Forumscore chart is pretty much just a big list of cult classics.

The exact same thing that's wrong with listening to any other kinds of music.

Listening to only mucore is worse than listening to only top 40 songs.

mucore is good music for the most part, its just overdiscussed and "memeified"

nothing really, but basically most people on here think it's the equivalent of liking popular music outside of Sup Forums and assume that you're just following the crowd. like if you go into chart threads, you see a good amount of them having the same Sup Forums-core albums just rearranged, so people assume you just want to be accepted by them and that you're a newfag, the latter most likely being true. i think listening to Sup Forums-core is a good start if you're new but seeing the same albums over and over again gets kind of tiring. plus most of it isn't really that good anyways, but i guess that's subjective.

most mucore is objectively good its just more the idea of taking what a stranger tells you at face value and just not thinking for urself rly

Is MBDTF Sup Forumscore?

yeah. its a solid album despite any memeing

Other albums are memed just as much, but none have their status questioned even nearly as often as MBDTF. Is this because it was added later, or are there other reasons?

Sup Forumscore = critically acclaimed albums of their respective genres

literally because pitchfork gave it a 10 and thats too mainstream for the faggot hipsters here

But both Kid A and OK Computer got 10s from pitchfork. They gave Loveless a 10 too if that counts for anything, and of course ITAOTS got a hilarious revised 10 from pitchfork.

Eh, Kid A and OKC are universally considered pretty solid albums. MBDTF was pretty controversial, and its known that pitchfork has a bias for black artists and especially black people from chicago. Hence, kanye has a bunch of 9.5's and 9's under his belt

It's a good album. Great, even. but it simply cant be compared to Kid A, OKC, Loveless and ITAOTS because those are classics, and MBDTF is (in the opinion of most Sup Forums users) a step below. hence, its mucore controversy

It's not

When it comes to art, one should always consume more than they produce

Probably because it's hip hop, and also more accessible than other Sup Forumscore, making it seem out of place

mbdtf got universal acclaim dude