What are your personal choices for perfect albums? Those albums that nail every one of your personal criteria. For me...

What are your personal choices for perfect albums? Those albums that nail every one of your personal criteria. For me, it simply doesn't get better than this.

Another personal choice in this category.

Just heard this album a month or so ago and I haven't stopped listening to him since.
So far I'm more partial to the debut and Under the Sign. But a Fine Day to Die might be their best song

Bump

That was the first metal track I ever heard, and it completely changed the trajectory of my musical tastes.

I always put on Enter The Eternal Fire when I need to get ready for a hard day.

I've been into metal for a while and liked Deafheaven and some other "blackgaze" bands, but this album was my first exposure to what you could consider actual black metal

I definitely feel that. Before Bathory, I think the heaviest band I listened to was Korn. Lol

Well I started with metalcore and deathcore, then I guess I just burnt myself out on heaviness for the sake of heaviness. Though I always liked metallica and that thrash influence on black metal - at least first wave - made it an easy transition

I still need to go back and jam those early BM records. Most of the stuff I listen to second wave and beyond.

So far I've only really listened to Bathory, Burzum, Darkthrone and Immortal. Maybe a handful of other tracks

Looking forward to diving into it more come NBBMN

everytime. not my favourite album, its definitely in my top 10. but to me its flawless.

and also this.

This

I really can't think of a single Type o song that I dislike to be honest with you.

Imo the best album they released

Good one my friend i laughed so hard my hat fell off ))))

Yea this album is pretty fucking good. Probably my favorite on this chart and my second favorite would be Enslaved - isa. All the ones i crossed i listened to so far, and the green dots are the ones I liked. Oh yea weakling dead as dreams is a masterpiece too.

the greatest death metal album ever made

it's the greatest death metal record ever made and if you think severed survival is better you're delusional

I would say a cannibal corpse record is on par with that, but I couldn't pick one. Cannibal corpses discography is all good.

i prefer severed survival but to each his own. they're both great

You're a disgusting embryo. Why do people think posts like this are okay? You should be fucking ashamed of yourself, you plebeian cunt.

oh definitely. i love pretty much everything autopsy has ever recorded. they're one of the few metal bands whose material after reforming has been legitimately good.

check out:

mgla - with hearts towards none
gris - il etait une forait
moonblood - blut und krieg
sigh - hail horror hail
vlad tepes/belketre - march to the black holocaust
nokturnal mortum - the voice of steel

this really surprised me

I met Chuck Billy the other day at a restaurant by AT&T Park. Everybody was hanging out there before the GnR show started. He's fucking huge

Pic related: This album is a fucking masterpiece. Beautiful from beginning to end. Jon was a true master composer.

this album to me is AOTY and probably one of the greatest albums to come out since the 80's

These are all great picks, people forget that metal has a lot of albums that aren't exactly life changing art but are just flawless anyway.

if I had to name perfect metal albums, I'd name a bunch of stuff, Don't Break the Oath, Show No Mercy, Denim and Leather, but pic related is my pick, it's about as close as you can get to a literal definition of perfection, it's also my favorite album

Beautiful. I love Steely Dan. Easily one of the top five greatest american bands of all time.

why are there so many metal albums in this thread

probably because people saw bathory and it reminded them of other 10/10 albums from closely related genres. also metal has alot of 10/10 albums compared to man genres as metal and rock are one of the few genres that prefers to write complete albums to high quality rather than writing high quality singles and filling the rest of the album with quick fixes.