Is it true that helicopters from the northern hemisphere can't travel to the southern hemisphere and vice versa?

Is it true that helicopters from the northern hemisphere can't travel to the southern hemisphere and vice versa?

Like an American helicopter can't go to Australia, it must be shipped there and reconfigured first or the blades will spin in the opposite direction and cause the aircraft to lose control and crash.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis_force
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cool if true desu

Wait... what?

>the blades will spin in the opposite direction and cause a crash
Why would they do that?

that is not how aerodynamics work. the hemisphere has 0 impact on a heli.

I think it's called the Corolla effect or something.

Absolutely true. There is a huge graveyard of helicopters right at equator

That's really sad. I wonder how many lives were lost before they figured out why. :(

Is it true that shitposting from the southern hemisphere can't travel to the northern hemisphere and vice versa?

Like an Austalian easter post can't go to America, it must be transfered there via Hiroshimoots server and reconfigured first or the frog picture will spin in the opposite direction and cause the Sup Forums board to lose control and crash.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance.

Absolute true there is a huge graveyard of servers, killed by Cross equatorial shitposting, right at the equator.

I think its called the 3rd World effect

This is the stupidest thing I have ever heard

BTW, this is the reason why so many South Vietnamese helicopters were being ditched after the fall of Saigon. Because they wouldn't be able to be used in the US or Central Europe without a costly reconfiguration that together with the cost of transport, was more than the trouble was worth

dunno but I'm going to post this on /sci/ and see if they have anything to say

> Search for Corolla effect
> It's just pictures of cars

Pretty sure he was talking of this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis_force

>Is it true that helicopters from the northern hemisphere can't travel to the southern hemisphere and vice versa?
Contrary to what most people seem to think ITT it's absolutely true.
In fact there is no way an helicopter could carry so much fuel to do the trip.

Coriolis, and no, it doesn't affect rotorblades, or propellors or turbofans user.

meh.. I only know that there is a difference when the air gets too cold, so if you're gonna fly up here where it gets cold you have to take that into consideration

No. Coriollis effect does not affect helicopters. And even if it did, pretty much all of them can change direction of rotor with one flip switch.

>thai education

Is it true that humans from the northern hemisphere can't travel to the southern hemisphere and vice versa?

Like a Pole can't go to Australia, he must be shipped there and KHAN'D first or the brain will spin in the opposite direction and cause the human to lose control and shitpost.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks in advance.

>Boards helicopter in Kampala.
>Flies Southwest to Rwanda.
>Crosses Equator, thereby having travelled from Nothern Hemisphere to Southern Hemisphere.
Yeah, ok we DID refuel somewhere along the way, but the point still stands.

>Corolla effect

This is the kind of stuff where you are sure it's a falsity, but everyone keeps talking about it and making you doubt yourself.

I thought the principle of helicopter flight is irrelevant to wind direction in relation to the rotor-- as long as the blades are forcing air, it should stay airborne

>this b8

Well done OP, well done.

This one is false, all criminals were KHAN'D when they first arrived in australia and their children continue to shitpost

This is 100 percent legit, I lost half of my squad when going past the equator in a helicopter.
Same goes for planes, but pilots prevent it by shifting motors to reverse when entering the southern hemisphere.

yes, that is correct

t. aerodynamics PhD

nice

>I lost half of my squad when going past the equator in a helicopter.

It's basically the reason Black Hawk was downed in Somalia.