Jenny Hval

Just put on Jenny Hval - Apocalypse Girl. Enjoying it much much more than Innocence is Kinky. What do you think of this and other Jenny albums, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7CyUsST0JOU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*Apocalypse, girl
It's got synths and thicker instrumentation in general, I think this is everything I wanted the new Angel Olsen to be.

Viscera's easily my favourite album of the decade and one of my favourite albums of all time in general
Her post-Viscera stuff is pretty nice and there's some fantastic tracks here and there but I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that she's never going to come close to that level of genius again

Im just waiting for her to release her new album

Agree, loved Viscera and haven't really bothered with the rest besides OP pic now.
Heard this yet?

I like her solo stuff a lot, but Meshes of Voice is one of my all-time favorite albums. I hope she and Susanna do another collab in the future

Viscera is one of the best albums of the decade. I have more mixed feelings about her other albums, but each one contains at least a few great tracks

Viscera > Apocalypse, girl > Innocence Is Kinky

I gotta say that this track from new album is prob my fav of hers
youtube.com/watch?v=7CyUsST0JOU

Nope, didnt even know it existed, thank you i will listen to it

Didn't even know there was an album coming, great news.

I want to fuck those feet.

I bet she'd let you, all the while pissing on your head.

sounds really similar to sabbath off the last album
guess that confirms she's sticking with this aesthetic, for her solo projects at least, although i'd already gotten a sense of that when i went to see her live and there was none of the old material

>all the while pissing on your head.
every so often i wonder if she actually has a legit piss fetish or if golden locks was just a random idea she had or what

Well the album is about the whole body so maybe she just felt the need to include piss lol

To be honest, I don't care where she got the idea from, Golden Locks is one of the best tracks on Viscera

it's such a cliche to say but honestly as far as i'm concerned every track on Viscera is the best track on Viscera
i don't think i could rank any one above or below the others

Definitely How Gentle for me, and Silver Fox for the crack in her voice.

Listening to Golden Locks now, actually I think it might not be sexual at all, just a track about pissing.

Wow I'm a woman and I'm singing about being a woman and having a vagina. So transgressive.
Your pathetic male brain probably can't even handle the fact that I'm a WOMAN who makes her OWN MUSIC.

At least it makes for better themes than
>hurr durr I love u

Well, her lyrics are not always spot on - I cringe when she says "huge, capitalist clit" on Apocalypse Girl - but musically she has proved she can be amazing, most consistently in Viscera

i'd like to argue this but you're basically right
she's a great musician regardless

You know how every single men try to put us down by since 100000 years ago by telling us "suck my dick"?.

Well...what if we said to them back..."suck my CLIT!"

Pretty radical, right? Don't know what else you expected from a visionary artiste like me though

*smiles smugly*

My absolute least favorite album.