/anco general/

I don't understand people who love Hollinndagain or HCTI but don't like pic related.

I would actually put it before Hollinndagain and after HCTI t.b.h.

What went wrong?

its definitely not as bad as some people make it out to be, tho personally i would put HCTI leagues ahead of it.

Is this some new epic meme?

i like HCTI and Hollinndagain more but its definitely underrated. Its a great example of using abstract and/or abrasive noises in order to convey abstract emotions.
people dont like it because it uses high pitched noises and its badly produced but i dont even think its that abrasive and i think all the things it achieves compensates for that

I love HCTI and Hollinndagain but really don't care about that album. Danse just comes off as amateurish compared to those two. To be fair, it's been a while since I listened to Danse, but as I remember it comes nowhere near the interesting textures of songs like I See You Pan, Pride and Fight or Infant Dressing Table.

I love HCTI and Hollinndagain but really don't care about underrated. Danse just comes off as abstract and/or abrasive noises. To be fair, it's been a while since I listened to Danse, but as I people dont like it because it uses high pitched textures of songs like I See You Pan, Pride and Fight or Infant Dressing Table all the things it achieves compensates for that.

I'd have to agree with this. Danse Manatee is extremely sporadic and all over the place, and not in a good way. Don't get me wrong, I love Danse, but it's really jarring, really inconsistent, and not at all cohesive. I'm not entirely sure what they were going for on this one aside from some really high and low frequency mixing. Meet the Light Child is probably one of my favorite songs, but Danse Manatee as a whole just doesn't feel as good as HCTI.

This is a special kind of retarded

Anyone ever see The Fox Is Black's Desktop Wallpaper Project on Animal Collective? Every week they did a wallpaper for each Animal Collective album. This is Danse Manatee's.

Meet the Light Child is one of their best songs

Spirit They're Gone Spirit They've Vanished.

Campfire Songs, probably my favorite album.

This isn't accurate at all. Danse Manatee is like sitting on a roof watching the sun rise.

Here Comes the Indian

Strawberry Jam.

And this is probably the best one.

Danse kinda grew on me after I bought the vinyl for cheap and listened to it to its entirety again without interruption.

Maybe people like HCTI more because it starts with two strong tracks.

It starts with 7 strong tracks

Ive listened to every studio album by anco at least 20 times, seen them live twice and to this day HCTI is the only anco album i havent really gotten into.

>only 2 strong tracks
I can't think of a bad track on HCTI. But I think Danse starts off really well, 6 straight strong tracks

I don't mean "only", I meant initial strong ones. The middle tracks are eh

Hey everyone, here's my opinions:

>GOD TIER
Strawberry Jam
Here Comes The Indian
Fall Be Kind

>FANTASTIC TIER
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Feels
Painting With

>GREAT TIER
Sung Tongs
Danse Manatee

>GOOD TIER
Campfire Songs
Centipede Hz
Water Curses

>OKAY TIER
Prospect Hummer
Hollinndagain

Oh fuck, SPIRIT would go in Fantastic Tier.

>PW
>fantastic tier

I'm confused, but not upset
I'm okay with this

Best thing to ever come out of an AnCo thread

>danse above chz
>water curses that low

OFFICAL OBJECTIVE (opinion) LIST

>GOD TIER
Strawberry Jam
MPP

>FANTASTIC TIER
Feels
Chz
Spirit
Water Curses

>GREAT TIER
PW
Sung Tongs
HCTI

>GOOD TIER
Danse
Hollinndagain
Campfire Songs

>OK TIER
everything else

>BONUS
Sleep Cycles (god tier for me imo)
Person Pitch (fantastic tier)
down there (great tier)
The rest of pandas stuff (good tier at best)
slasher flicks (good tier at best)

spirit is god tier