youtube.com/watch?v=gXrsDhBYubg
youtube.com/watch?v=CwhSnxFtH7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=RQkq2BjtosI
youtube.com/watch?v=iIGH_2uJKrk
youtube.com/watch?v=hYoB2Tj3LR8
youtube.com/watch?v=YArPC3AOPFc
youtube.com/watch?v=QrGQSYblQqo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

are there any good metal review blogs/websites/youtube channels?

No

I like angry metal guy though he's a bit pleb

>Hallelujah!

I approve this thread. Album needs more hype.

>PRAISE THE LORD edition

Oh, so we're doing a christian thread? Okay, what do you guys think of this album?

I think it is very good. Antestor's The Forsaken is probably the best christian black metal album but for a recent release, Crimson Moonlight's Divine Darkness is a pretty good addition to the genre.

>Gevurah
>Christian

Uh... kay.

only christian band i've listened to, pretty solid album

Yeah I really think that.

This one's got a pretty good sermon in it.

>Witherscape is his album of the month for July

wew you weren't kidding

Can somebody explain the differences between slam death, brutal death and tech death to a noob to extreme metal? Much obliged if you can.

What's your favourite inquisition album? Pic related is mine

Gevurah, though never an interesting band, had made some competent black metal. And then, on this album, they suddenly changed their music to "Orthodox," or theistic, which is basically CHRISTIAN, "black" metal. And this album, while becoming THE album representative of the "Orthodox black metal" movement, also seems to get a lot of praise as a masterpiece of "intelligent" black metal. Hahahahahahaha. NO. This shit is the complete antithesis of intelligence. I am genuinely perplexed to see how many people think this is actually intellectual. Are they so mindless to think that if you throw in random Latin lyrics, you are intellectual?

So... exactly why is this so fucking stupid? It should be obvious if you have a brain. This pile of shit is about theism. They think God, named "Satan" in this case, actually exists. There is no evidence whatsoever for the existence of God, and it takes an extraordinary amount of idiocy or a continual brainwashing starting from childhood in order for someone to believe in a nonexistent invention of ancient human ignorance. In fact, I cannot even be sure if the members of Gevurah actually believe in Satan as a deity. It sounds totally absurd, because if you hate Christianity enough to play black metal, you should be able to see through the bullshit that religion managed to make the herd of mindless lambs believe in. Anyway, whatever their intention was - making music genuinely based on their bullshit belief or trying to get attention by faking theism - this is completely stupid.

I feel like I've seen this somewhere

Militant Christianity should be a theme in metal. I want some inquisition (not that band) bm.

It's only the most hilarious (and there are many) 0% review of SMRC. I of course replaced DsO with Gevurah though for shiggles.

The guy rants about this shit for like 3 pages.

youtube.com/watch?v=-1_J6qFLaMc

DUDE HEY LMAO

Dat Blessed Curse
youtube.com/watch?v=oXktYKl_hhM

H E E E E E Y
E
E
E
E
E
Y

Aristocrazia

One slams, the other is br00tal and the other is wank

>not liking Based Swano

>implying

I actually like Swano but Witherscape is pretty pleb ngl

>yes! he shall burn in the fires of reYection, for he hath gone a whoring from the lord our god!

DUDE MIDI HORNS LMAO

>1:01:50

OOOOOUUHHHHHHHHHH

give me your best midi horn metal

>not liking ABBA/Gentle Giant/Judas Priest Turbo era inspired meloshit

metalinjection.net/category/av/dank-slams

Metal Injection has stolen the Illegal $lams meme and rehashed it

That site is so cancerous

What the fuck

the only thing I like about it is Trevor Strnad's monthly article

whats the best cirith ungol album?

youtube.com/watch?v=hOy791QGCXQ

>1:17:05

the metal reviews
youtube.com/user/Deejaymbass

Ta lumière brille jusqu’au fond de mon âme, O Seigneur
Ce corps est un temple pour ta gloire
Regarde comme ta lumière s’y répand sans cesse
Cette voix est tienne, ces mots sont tiens
D’Alpha à Omega, tout te retournera…
Mène mon âme vers toi, Seigneur, délivre-moi de mes souffrances…

the one with Elric of Melnibone on the cover

He should really just host his own blog

who /deathcore/ here?

The Hidden Hand is still the best thing Wino ever did

Reminder that this actually happened
youtube.com/watch?v=9pcvBFFflEc

this isn't metal

Got any more anti muzzie metal?

You must be 18 or older to use this website

how's middle school?

REPORTING

but slam will will dominate the world
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7JbVqLfGXE

how's middle school?

You'll find out next year, champ

youtube.com/?#/watch?v=5lYQ-Kkdh6k

Lord varg has spoken. Atheism is a cancer of the world that should only be used as a stepping stone.

You're not a silly anti religious metal hater are you?

>You're not a silly anti religious metal hater are you?

Of course not, religion is a wonderful tool for self-development and internalization of virtue. Being a fedorian atheist is what being a nu male is all about.

youtube.com/watch?v=gXrsDhBYubg
Fuck off, Kike lover

Seeds of Iblis is pretty good.

Shit band, praise the lord.

@67116457
this is huh... wow

How was Alice in Chains so patrician while being so hugely popular at the same time?

I think varg's mental health is deteriorating, he's been releasing increasingly rambling, cringeworthy videos on a daily basis recently

>implying he hasn't sold out to YT ad shekels

they weren't, they were just proto-creed buttrock.

Figure someone may enjoy this. Here's a rather lengthy, and... unusual interview with BST from Aosoth.
youtube.com/watch?v=CwhSnxFtH7Y

Also here's a bonus live video of Aosoth playing Appendix C.
youtube.com/watch?v=RQkq2BjtosI

>most people say that vargs beliefs are fucked up
>find myself agreeing with a lot of his vids

This exists.

youtube.com/watch?v=iIGH_2uJKrk

I fucking hate how secular humanism seems to be the default position to take if you're a fan of metal.

He changed since prison. Most people just remember his meme phase.

>implying he isn't a bigger meme now than ever before.

Don't try to bait me or my wife's son ever again

Wow they sound amazing live.

reminder that Cobalt and Mgla/Kriegsmaschine have the best drummers in the game currently

Cult of Fire are also acceptable since they got the guy from Lykathea Aflame on drums

>40 mins
fuark. thanks m8.

Memes of an old man have more weight and trutb in their words

He's been browsing Sup Forums too much.

When the fuck are they going to announce a release date for their new album? They posted the album art last year for fuck sake.

drop the stupid name you semen-slurping fag.

Do people actually likes that new Cobalt?

It has been much too long since I've listened to that. New album hype though.

I was just about to post that, haha.

No problem. It's definitely an unusual interview, though there is a clear issue since you have both individuals attempting to speak a language that does not appear to be their first so it can come across a little odd at times.

Yeah true, Eater of Birds is such a killer album, i've been holding off on Slow Forever because of Phil leaving, is it good?

Not bad but not nearly as good as the last two. Unnecessarily long too.

First time browsing /metal/ (or Sup Forums really)

I've been meaning to expand my tastes in the metal that I listen to, considering that my collection of metal is pretty weak. Most of the old stuff that I listened to ("anything past year 2000" In Flames, Killswitch Engage, Kamelot sorta, Five Finger Death Punch) I ended up growing out of and my taste has kinda changed a lot. If you got any suggestions on what else I should add to my plate, please lemme know.

Clawerfield is kind of a guilty pleasure at the moment. Not sure why.

listen to this asap
also Kalmah's discography and the Arcane Order's last album

>avantasia's scarecrow
>THEERES NOOO WAY OOOOOOOOUT
i loved that album.
Try Symphony X, Dragonland, Falconer if you're still into PM.
Early At The Gates, Carcass' Heartwork, Dark Tranquility and Lykathea Aflame for Melodeath, also have you ever listened to early Amorphis? if not, do so.

has anyone here heard the new equilibrium song. its the best and only metal song i know that uses the word 'nice' in the lyrics
youtube.com/watch?v=hYoB2Tj3LR8

>listen to this asap
Not sure how I feel about them
For starters, I'm REALLY FUCKING PICKY when it comes to vocals, specifically growling. Personally I like the style of Be'Lakor's, Insomnium, and Omnium Gathrum. Be'Lakor overall is my favorite.

>Try Symphony X, Dragonland, Falconer if you're still into PM.
I actually have Falconer in my music list. Power Metal is kinda wishy/washy for me since it needs to sound somewhat unique for me to like it a lot. Idk what reputation Kamelot gets but I do like their stuff (1995 - 2010)

>Early At The Gates, Carcass' Heartwork, Dark Tranquility and Lykathea Aflame for Melodeath, also have you ever listened to early Amorphis?
I'll try them out, thanks.

THERE IS LOVE

that song is the highlight of the album desu because of how goofy it is, the album itself is quite terrible

you're don't listen to Intestine Baalism for the vocals, you listen for the guitars and nonstop riffs

What kind of Reddit bullshit is this?

girl i used to swim with just won gold in Rio
metal for this feel?

PROSTRATE YOURSELF BEFORE THE ALTAR OF CONTAGION

BREATHE IN DEEP THIS GIFT OF DEADLY EXHALATION

nice tweet

What's her name so I can spam her Facebook page saying that a creepy weirdo she swam with shitposts on an anime forum

Don't let the vocals scare you off, especially if you like the music. Once you start to get deeper into metal the vocals won't really bother you anymore.

Post albums that started a decline in quality.

youtube.com/watch?v=YArPC3AOPFc

>tfw a band isn't the genre you figured they were
I thought Wayfarer was straight up doom, but this is pretty fucking cool.
youtube.com/watch?v=QrGQSYblQqo