Apply to six different schools to teach English in China last week

>apply to six different schools to teach English in China last week
>already received four responses
>"Sorry, but we are looking for teachers with North American or British accents."

Haha get fucked mate. Not like I want to work in your toxic shithole anyway.

then why apply?

>teach English to chinks

It's piss easy money.

>Sorry, but we are looking for teachers with North American or British accents.

Feels good man.

>get rejected by chinks
>i din wanna work derr any ways
KEK

>be white
>schools will literally break the law to get you to work for them
>unless you're Australian

How much money?

do you even have any education in teaching English as a second language or were you just planning to enter the classroom and call them cunts until they learn

>he thinks "english teachers" in China/Korea/Japan actually teach

>tfw TEFL certified at 18 yrs old
>tfw could get a job as an English teacher literally right now
>tfw superior North American master dialect

He doesn't have any """English""" second language speakers """taught""" back at home in Asia for reference in his country, give him a break

Well, Japan pretty much takes anyone desu.

China is more "serious" when it comes to that.

well native speakers coming over here to teach aren't usually well versed neither in their own language's grammar nor in teaching itself, they improvise until some reasonably educated Pole points out that their native sensibilities aren't worth shit if they're not backed with pedagogical skills

shit I know I wouldn't be able to come to country X and teach people Polish, I assume your ordinary English speaker is just as ignorant when it comes to teaching people English

I think grammar and writing is easy, it is the speaking part, but then again i see many young """english teachers""" teach students bad habits with excessive "like", and just improper colloquial terms.

nah I mean that a skilled teacher knows which features of a given languages should be taught first and in what way

being colloquial isn't half bad if you're aware what kind of language you're introducing your students to

That is true, being a native speaker, the skills in that language is innate to someone, but explaining the laws and technical side of things is a completely different matter, and those TEFL courses do teach you that, although to excel, you need to put in a bit of time into it.

And Since I speak several languages natively, it is an advantage when it comes to "internal translation".

>several languages
>natively

true bilingualism is very rare and trilingualism is unheard of, user

one of your languages will tend to dominate the others whether you like it or not, it's a matter of wiring in your brain

No, you have no idea of ex-pats born elsewhere. I have met a white Australian family that lives in Hong Kong and aside from perfect English, when they get home, they speak Cantonese to each other. It is not impossible because you cannot grasp it.

anecdotal evidence user, there are people far smarter and more experienced than me who claim that bilingualism is far more rare than people like to claim

fuck thats gold

Haven't you seen American/Australian/Canadian asians speak perfect english and then speak their own language perfectly? Are you that naive?

How about former Megadeth guitarist Marty Friedman?

how do you measure "perfection" though, you need to operationalise the concept

>Friend finds out I voted for Trump and I found out he supports Hillary
>Say I don't see them differently
>They say they're mad at me
Haha.. hahaaaa.. aaa... aa.. aahuhuh.. aaaaaaa... aauuaaauuuaaa... waaaa....

>giving a fuck who voted for who
>thinking either of your votes mean shit

He didn't vote, he's just upset that I did vote for Trump.
At least I have other friends.. like my pets..
Or I could make friends with a bullet by eating it.

Speaking a specific language without any accent and can be perceived as a local.

I have asked my way around Hong Kong several times and they think I'm a local but I'm not. That's one example.

But then most of you are useless neets so I'm sure many of you think everything is impossible.

Hmmm quality banter

kek I know liths who went to teach English in China, and while fluent in the language they also readily made the standard errors of dropping articles and misuing tense.

Then again the Australian accent is so bad that even a non-native English speaking teacher would be preferable.

PS none of them stayed the full contract term after realising how awful China is.

I don't get why my filter is not working.

Sup Forums is all the friends you need user

Your fingers are too fat

now now, don't be caustic

there are accent coaches all over the world teachng people how to sound like a native, it doesn't mean that they bring their clients' linguistic skills to perfection

in my humble opinion, a good way of finding out whether you're a really competent speaker of any language is to start producing grammatically correct structures that "feel right" but may not necessarily be right, just like little kids tend to do

until you reach that stage, you're essentially parroting someone's very competent instructions, but once you begin to unconsciously experiment with grammar, you're a really promising speaker of any language

I'm basing my claims on generative grammar as it applies to acquisition - really interesting stuff and I suggest you read it, for fun if not for anything else

>north american
Wonder how many english teachers have a southern drawl

Get fucked

>it's a dad utterly fails to raise his son and mocks the son for his own failure
This sort of banter from an Uncle or something is funny, but Dad dropped the ball and has no one to blame but his own dumb ass.

I guess you're applying the Chinese room hought experiment here. I would have a read at what you suggested and see how it goes.

And also another group of people i am reminded of that speaks 4 languages, thise vietnamese that speaks vietnamese, english, cantonese and mandarin.

And also, Viggo Mortensen: "He speaks fluent English, Danish, Spanish and French; he is also conversational in Italian, and understands Norwegian and Swedish. He has stated that he was raised speaking English and Spanish and at times feels more comfortable expressing himself in Spanish", now he does feel more comfortable in Spanish but you can't deny his English is native level. I guess you are trying to show me academic results but I am coming from practical results, real world stuff that scientists might perceive as "statistical anomaly ".

I swear that black guy looks familiar. Isn't he that guy who had a blog and married a Japanese woman some years ago?

Do you have a link to his blog?

He posts that picture on here all the time.

please don't apply some tear jerking working class sensibilities to research

neurolinguistics is a young branch of science and if your friends are exceptionally gifted in the way of language I unironically suggest them to notify some linguists so they can get thoroughly analysed, for humanity's collective benefit

>you will never teach English in Japan because you're not from an English speaking country
Feels bad man. I heard Indonesia has a few schools where they teach German, but then again... Orang indonesia adalah orang babi...

There's gotta be a few Japanese who want to learn German.

Not enough to warrant them sending Germans to Japan.

is english teacher regarded as loser's job in anglosphere countries?

The typical American accent is essentially what is seen as "international" English.
The typical British accent is essentially what is seen as "distinguished" English.

Obviously as a Brit I am aware that this stereotype is blatantly false, but Chinks would still rather sound like a Northerner than an Aussie.

Sounds like that hit you too close to home

I disagree with the point about "feeling" right. Japanese was my first language, but i haven't used it as such since i was 5. I use grammar on the basis of how it feels, just like English. However, i can barely read or write, i don't have a large vocabulary, my grammar is literally that of a kids, i also have to stop myself from saying my actual name, instead of "I" when talking about my self because that's exactly how i used to speak as a small child.

No, almost every job is repected in America no matter what it is.

Do people not consider different jobs to be for different classes?

What do you sound like OP? are you a full on broad accent speaking guy

You could always apply to BBC or Channel 4 and tell us Brits about our political problems

two classes

elite jobs: CEOs, lawyers, company higher ups, and government positions.

standard jobs: everything else

no real class system desu

>Not like I want to work in your toxic shithole anyway.

How are you going to make Australian wine with those sour grapes?