What does Sup Forums think of Dinosaur Jr.?

What does Sup Forums think of Dinosaur Jr.?

they okay

I think Lou Barlow is a faggot.

Basically this.

I like all their albums up through Bug. After that they're just mediocre.

First few releases are masterpieces up there with the legends of Noise Rock, then their discog drops off into entirely forgettable-tier

They're good

First few albums are fucking amazing, You're Living All Over Me was my favorite album in highschool

In their prime they were legendary.

the drop off was really unexpected when I first checked them out

I know their post bug is considered bland but I love it, they're one of those bands where if you love their sound you're going to get a lot to listen because they repeat the formula almost every album

The stuff they've released in their current reunion is pretty damn good too.

gay buttrock that gets a free pass because it was proto-grunge.

i've listened to you're living all over me and bug
ylaom is a top 5 all time for me
bug is horrendously mediocre
i'm considering seeing them live anyway

basically this

Fuck this thread, Dinosaur Jr. are fantastic. I'll admit that they've pretty much been doing the same thing over and over again for most of their career but they consistently deliver quality music and they're incredible live so I don't care that there's very little variety to their sound. I was afraid Give a Glimpse of What Yer Not would be stale but it's their best post-reunion album.

>God tier
You're Living All Over Me
Bug
Green Mind

>Great tier
Dinosaur
Give a Glimpse of What Yer Not
Farm
I Bet On Sky
Where You Been

>Good tier
Hand It Over
Beyond

>Mediocre tier
Without a Sound

I'm a massive Dino fanboy. I've seen them live three times and plan on seeing them again next month. The best show I ever went to was one of the Dinosaur 30th anniversary shows they did in NY last year. That album is criminally underrated.

waste of time

I prefer Dinosaur Sr.

by which I mean T-Rex

not a fan of billy corgan

That would just be Dinosaur, they had to add the jr. because of legal reasons with the name.

love them

I've always liked them. Never really cared much for this type of alt rock but they've always had my attention for some reason.

My first crush's favorite band.

never heard them

gud

fuckin masterminds J Mascis vs Lou Barlow brawls

Better than sonic youth and nirvana