Were Led Zeppelin the inventers of buttrock?

Were Led Zeppelin the inventers of buttrock?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hdMfCNyeGg0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

That was more REO Speedwagon and Doobie Brothers.

Page is God

more like gayrock

Kiss

Deep Purple

Blue Cheer maybe?

but buttrock is sort of shitty, though, right?

you can't just say Blue Cheer or Iron Butterfly or Deep Purple or Steppenwolf because it would have to be a degree or two lamer than that

so yeah maybe KISS or Nazereth

Doobie Brothers were really the first corporate rock band and then there quickly followed others like Bread and Styx.

corporate rock as in sounding more dad-ish and going unashamadly 'professional' and sleek?

because if you mean more literally, there were definitely countless actual corporate rock bands before them

plus, there's nothing wrong with smooth, tight, dad-jazz-rock

Eagles. These guys were literally a bunch of session musicians who formed a band.

Corporate rock is buttrock by definition but not all buttrock is corporate rock. Corporate rock usually implies slick, overproduced music geared for the singles/radio format like Doobie Brothers and Journey. Kiss and Motley Crue were definitely buttrock but not commercial enough and their singles only got played on rock radio.

your mom was the inventor of hardcock last night

I dismiss anyone that unironically uses the word "buttrock" or "dadrock".

Holy shit do any of you even know what buttrock is?

My god you are fucking clueless.

Next up, Steely Dan. The worst quintessential buttrock band, right guys?

peter frampton is the worst type of butt rock

complete fucking hack

That's not... what... buttrock... is

A popular term referring to a sub-genre of hard rock strongly influenced by post-grunge and nu metal. Originating in the mid-late 90s, butt rock is comprised of raspy vocals, similar to Pearl Jam, Creed, or Nirvana, backed with radio-friendly guitar riffs, drum beats, and basic bass lines.

no one cares

peter frampton is now butt rock

kill yourself you retard

Buttrock is basically any loud, dumb, sur generis stadium rock. Radio friendly does not always=buttrock because bands like CCR, U2, REM, and Steely Dan are absolutely not. Doobie Brothers, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Sammy Hagar, all hair metal bands, RHCP, Stone Temple Pilots, now those are the definition of buttrock.

There's also buttcountry (Toby Keith, Keith Urban, etc), buttmetal (Pantera, 90s Metallica, A7X), buttjazz (Bitches Brew-era Miles Davis, Kenny G, Dave Matthews Band), and buttrap (Lil Kim, 50 Cent, Kanye).

I would say Nirvana was, most Buttrock is Post-Grunge

>Doobie Brothers, REO Speedwagon, Journey, Sammy Hagar, all hair metal band
Is this a joke?

What's the difference between butt rock and cock rock?

You've never listened to a Sammy Hagar song, have you.

youtube.com/watch?v=hdMfCNyeGg0

this song is basically an ad for his own brand of tequila, lol

No and I have no idea who he is. How in the fuck are The Doobie Brothers (same type of music as Steely Dan) Journey and Reo Speedwagon anywhere near fucking Poison?

this

Shit meant to reply to

how can bitches brew era miles be buttjazz? I don't think you understand what the term is meant to imply

Sammy Hagar was _the_ god of 70s-80s buttrock. If you love loud, mindless, completely generic songs about cars and girls, he's your kind of guy.

>unironically defending Journey

I agree, he makes good tequila as well.

I think you missed the point

Listen to that first Montrose album and you've basically heard every Sammy Hagar record ever. Goddamn, did Christgau ever hate him.

Foreigner. It's not a discussion of buttrock without them.

>early fusion Davis
>"""buttjazz"""
Not only have you misunderstood this term but you applied it to an incredible musician's best phase. Fuck you.

Anyone ever associated with Feminem is buttrap.

Yeah...but he is kind of babby's first jazz artist.

butt = nothing but. jazz fusion inherently can't be nothing but jazz, retard

that doesn't make it bad, simplistic or derivative

i am mad

Do you even know the meaning of sui generis retard??? You meaned generic?