Is he actually fucking serious? Or is it bait? How can someone have that bad of a taste...

Is he actually fucking serious? Or is it bait? How can someone have that bad of a taste? This is literally just ''le quirky avant rock'' music.

He's a demented and pretentious asshole

>If you're a rock novice
Fuck you , you old coot.

But at least Spiderland is on this list, I'll give him that.

>skip 1 if you're a rock novice
>listen to faust and wyatt

bumpin

I hope he's serious, otherwise I'm gonna feel really stupid for laughing at him all this time.

Also, does scaruffi know about Sup Forums

He has one of the best tastes in rock music

I remember Sup Forums sending Piero a TMR drawing (the squared ones where anons claim a square)
This was long ago though

He includes a Bruce Springsteen album on this list and it's not the artsy Nebraska. Scaruffi's only pretentious if you don't take the time to browse his site.

How the hell Doors and Fahey are quirky?

>artsy Nebraska
lol it's his best album

And how would your list look ? "The quirky entry-level pop-rock playlist"? Get over it lel.

post your top 10

Only pathetic faggots make lists, that's the point.

holy shit scruffy is based

Criticism is fine, just don't look at them.

bump

It's also the common hipster choice. If Scaruffi was a tryhard he would've picked it.

Hell, he even says The Rolling Stones are in the running for greatest rock band ever. Surely only a contrarian would say that.

>I remember Sup Forums sending Piero a TMR drawing (the squared ones where anons claim a square)
>This was long ago though

I was there for that. Apparently he replied with the meme face

all music is equally good, right?

No, but opinions change over time even for a single person

He thinks that popular = bad, and therefore tries to listen to the worst most underground music possible in an attempt at good taste

He lists Blonde on Blonde on his greatest of all-time list.

have you even looked at his lists? he puts a ton of popular stuff on them. he has Public Enemy as greatest hip-hop album of all time, and I think he has Metallica as greatest metal album of all time, he has The Doors and Bob Dylan on his overall greatest all time, he has Charles Mingus as his number 1 jazz album...none of that is underground or unpopular.

>velvet underground
>doors
>bob dylan
>bruce springsteen

looks like op is a rock novice

Great and insightful argument.

he has far better taste than you

accept it and move on

>scaruffi
>taste
fucking kekd

sorry Kevin, you're human garbage.

Be honest OP, how many of those albums did you even know about before Scaruffi?

>some literal who thinks his opinion is more relevant than scaruffi, who has listened to well over ten thousand albums by this point

I think scaruffi has actually listened to over 20,000 records, damn

He has a few that could be the best, don't try to start shit that's only gonna lead to people shitting on you.

cringe

3-6 are really good though. the rest are either boring or fucking retarded

at least TMR and Faust are good

Rock Bottom is unlistenable

>Rock Bottom is unlistenable
W E W
E
W

Here's your reply

>The Doors
>not Full Circle

This meme was never good.

I really enjoy Rock Bottom

Yep, and lists can be updated you fucking autist

whats your list, OP?

Bob Dylan and The Doors are still pretentious and artsy

agree

>This is literally just ''le quirky avant rock"

thats the point. would you rather him list a bunch of rock music that doesn't push the genre?

He didn't even rate the album because he though post jim doors were trash

ok but leave fucking wyatt alone
he neither deserves that ranking nor your soding

Rock Bottom is the only mature rock album ever recorded you tween

He's right on that tbf

This

b8

hes not wrong

>how can someone like albums that have been receiving praise for much of their existence?

>the leglet undepopound & nicho

BUT SINCE THE MOMENT YOU MADE THEM THEY ARE DEFINITIVE FOR THOSE WHO READ THEM, NEH?

scaruffi is an edgy manchild who loves shit albums like rock bottom

not exactly. he's good for rock, but for other things he's just a pretentious wannabe-pundit

post your top 10

~-~WHO CARES~-~

suck my farting anus

Why should i?

to prove you have good taste, since you think that rock bottom is a "shit album"

im not spoonfeeding you kid

only obscure album on that list is Twin Infinitives

Shitty argument. Regardless of whether or not Rock Bottom is a good album, this fag's taste in music has no effect on the quality of Rock Bottom. That's like telling someone they are bad at math so their view that 2+2=4 is unreliable

>rock bottom
makes me cry

>he cries to music

you will never get laid

bait

Velevt underground, faust, and slint are the only thing that should be taken seriously

>rock bottom
>tmr
>desertshore
>not GOAT albums

>8: Royal Trux

Does anyone actually like this album? I've tried to listen to it before and it just feels like TMR with all the good parts taken out.

The only record I question on his list

i know this is bait but I couldn't resist

isn't the point of scaruffi's top 10 to be rock albums that are progressive, rather than being listenable?

yes, but if you have good taste they are listenable too

it's the worst of his 9s for sure
still a good album

yeah, but I was trying to point out his list isn't based on opinion, but on objectivity. same with other albums he's rated

>Nico - Desertshore

noice