Opinions on Pink Floyd?

Opinions on Pink Floyd?
>inb4 dadrock

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XnolyvilwNw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

babby's first psychedelic

Fantastic musicians. Anyone that says otherwise is trying too hard.

I like them.
Their live stuff isn't too bad either.

How the fuck do you go from THAT to THIS?

Always been pretty negative towards them but lately I find my listening to Wish You Were Here more and more lately.

Definitely my favorite album of their's. It just has a lot of soul and a genuine emotional undercurrent carrying the project.

Absorbing the energy and souls of your close friends.

Waters really carried the band most of the time

Meddle was their only great album when they collaborated

pretty great musicians

Good stuff. Dark side most solid but Dogs from animals is theirtheir best song

nono

Am I the only one that thinks Atom Heart Mother is a pretty good album? It's not their best work, obviously.

kys

U watch leafy is here 2 lol XD

This

Animals was their last good album

The only weak points in their discography were the releases after Animals imo, so I agree with you

Ummagumma is their best album t b h

This guy is right.

The Wall could've been the end, because Final Cut is a great Waters solo album, and the Gilmour led albums are fine, too, as Gilmour solo albums

Try someone to like The Divison Bell and then we can talk.

youtube.com/watch?v=XnolyvilwNw

This is best

I think it is very good. It isn't a masterpiece or anything, but it is really comfy music

piper at the gates of dawn is one of the best psychedelic albums ever made desu

One of These Days (especially the Pompeii version) and Echoes are GOAT, rest isn't anything special.

pleb

pleb dadrock

>Implying Seamus isn't a good song

I genuinely like that song, a lot

This is going to rustle some feathers, but they really started in 1968 in my opinion.

No, I get what it was going for, but there are bands that tackled that whimsical approach to psychedelia way better. I just find everything about Syd Barrett grating and I find his involvement with Pink Floyd absurd. David Baker is like the real Syd Barrett in my opinion, and I actually think the first two Mercury Rev albums are far better than anything else they did after he left. I feel the opposite with Pink Floyd.

This was true for me. 12 years old, renting Relics from the local library, they were my introduction into Psychedelic rock.

I agree. The Syd Barrett lineup might as well be a different band entirely, it's almost a Joy Division/New Order situation. I appreciate Syd for his role as the rest of the group's muse more than for his actual musical contributions to Pink Floyd.

Boring