Last night I saw Boris and Earth and it was a great show with a lot of energy...

Last night I saw Boris and Earth and it was a great show with a lot of energy. I had originally brought earplugs but lost them when the concert came. Ever since last night I've had a full ringing in my left ear. Anyone know if this is temporary or is it tinnitus?

it's tinnitus, you're fucked

may be temporary, i've had ringing in my ears after a show for almost two days before.

glad it was a good show, i'm not that familiar with either band but i might go to their show on thursday

I had ringing in my ears for a solid day after seeing Agalloch last summer, but that was like a 2 hour set and I was directly in front of a speaker

its temp

It's most likely temporary, though it is a sign you exposed yourself to dangerous levels.

The Boris one was long as hell, Earth played a full hour, Boris played all of pink + an encore. I wasn't right up in front but I was pretty up close, right outside the pit. It's definitely the loudest concert I've been to

RIP OP. I'd say you have 48 hours left.

If it's the first time this happened it will go away in 1-2 weeks. If you have done this repeatedly you will develop tinnitus. Tinnitus only develops over repeated exposure to loud sounds.

Quick review of the show I went to in DC:

Earth is fucking boring and their guitars suck. Why the fuck don't they get Floyd Rose tremolo systems to keep their shit guitars in tune? If they want to bend strings the whole show, get a fucking Floyd Rose. Terrible.

Boris - Amazing show. Pink was beautiful. After a decade of listening to the album, I will never hear it better and am so happy they did this tour.

Sometimes it'll go away, sometimes it won't. I have permanent Tinnitus and it sucks.

You can get temporary releif by putting your thumb in the ringing ear, pushing it a bit (not until it hurts) and then flick your middle finger on the back/top area of your head. Do this a few times and sometimes it'll go away for a while. Always comes back after a bit for me though.

it'll most likely fade by the end of today or tomorrow

Bump for interest

But you'll never hear those high frequencies ever again.

It's only in one ear and it doesn't seem like there's much hearing loss if any

>mfw wata solos
>mfw just abandoned myself

Lmao, this happened to me last week for the same show. I was just as worried the first 3 days after the show but now I'm fine. Don't worry about it, OP.

shit, you just made me realize that I missed boris in brooklyn 2 weeks ago.

>tfw you missed the show because it sold out by the time you got a ride
>tfw you'll probably see them again but by the time you do they'll be back to their regular setlists
>tfw you will never see Electric, Woman On The Screen, Are You Ready or Just Abandoned Myself live as long as you live
God it hurts so much

Is there any chance they might play some more Pink-heavy setlists in the future? This tour seems to have gotten a pretty Huge reception. Seems like wishful thinking and obviously they won't do the entire album again but some of these songs seem like they were made for a live setting and setlist.fm has them literally never playing them once outside of this tour

bump

How is that one live? Do they drag it out to the full eighteen-minute length?

Yeah, full album, in order, full song length

Is it in order? On the setlists I looked at they started with Blackout a lot and played Farewell after Just Abandoned Myself and just kind of shuffled them around.