There are people out there who will defend this "album" as """""""""""above average"""""""""""

>There are people out there who will defend this "album" as """""""""""above average"""""""""""

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=euHoHdpGOa0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it is.

Wow

Kys

ok.

Honestly, I have really been trying to understand merzbow and hard noise. But I can't listen to more than 2 minutes of his albums before I am either bored, or want to rip my ears off.

Please explain how i into this /mu

FUCKING FAIL.

"""""""""""quotes"""""""""""""

??

You don't, it's fucking garbage and the only reason people listen to it is to say that they are special.

Flare Gun is Merzbows masterpiece
Anyone who thinks pulse demon is his best is a massive pleb/contrarian, if it wasnt for the album cover = MMP meme it would be just another of his lesser laptop era releases. Cycle and Dharma are the best from that era

I think Pulse Demon is a cool record only because it's almost like listening to a science experiment. You are seeing the boundaries of sound. We are borderlining the unlistenable and static. It's quite interesting in that regard. But I can understand why somebody would not enjoy it.

Dat nigga got 200 albums Lik Wut?

I've been trying this album on and off lately. Each time I feel like I might have picked up on something or noticed something odd that I never noticed before.

youtube.com/watch?v=euHoHdpGOa0
im not an noise guy but this is nice

get into drone from drone get into white noise drone like yellow swans from there work your way into regular noise and then the harsher stuff.
alternative route: get into jazz, then move into free jazz, then try noise.

it's really not that difficult to find interesting aspects to noise if u have a basic understanding of what texture in music theory is. a nice system also helps expose layers

Try Massona "ejaculator generator", it's the album that got me into noise, it's harsh but more fun than most of Merzows albums.
the important thing in noise is the "flow" ofthe albums, for example "pulse demon" has good tracks but they dont go anywhere, while "cycle" starts as a endurance test but eventually it starts deconstructing itself and becomes awesome by part 2.
Also pic related is the best starting point, it even has some vocals and "beats" when it hits climax

if you filter live albums, his "merz" series, the collaborations and compilations you're left with about 20-30 albums. It's still a lot but you can go through them eventually, I still haven't heard all of them, but enough to differentiate the good ones from the shitty ones

Noise is something you go see with a friend and pick up near brain damaged women to go have sex with afterwards because it's easy. Not because the music is good.

The Green House in Austin is a good place.

I've always liked noise but thought it worked better as a background instrument. The idea of a harsh noise album is kind of equivalent to an album of just drums or bass if you think about it.

>alternative route: get into jazz, then move into free jazz, then try noise

Worked for me.

Lol

yeah I feel ya there, but I think even a album of just drums or just bass could still be interesting if you explored a bunch of possibilities and really pushed the boundaries of the instrument

>I don't understand or like it so it must just be bad
I bet you think people that say "tmr is good" are lying plebs who only say that for some type of street cred