youtube.com/watch?v=qwMkC8WNX_4
youtube.com/watch?v=MqYG5FGvKJg
izzyandthechimera.bandcamp.com/
oppressvr.bandcamp.com/
smokeringspdx.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=41NrwTENQio
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Trans Day Of Revenge is surprisingly good

It's not really cancerous, it's just bad music that people outside of a niche demographic aren't interested in

GLOSS consists entirely out of white dudes

2016 laotysf

1. cross record - wabi sabi
youtube.com/watch?v=qdPaNJ35CZo
2. carrie rodriguez - lola
youtube.com/watch?v=vxCAjEbQjiY
3. shearwater - jet plane and oxbow
youtube.com/watch?v=hu1IOuPxZu4
4. randy rogers - neon
youtube.com/watch?v=-7pMk4MiGj4
5. taylor and the wild now - tides
thewildnow.com/music-1/
youtube.com/watch?v=RBvLHdelTa4
6. widower - unholy oath
youtube.com/watch?v=qwMkC8WNX_4

I don't see it as super bad despite it being a lot of pop punk and metalcore out here. The Story So Far really kicked out the pop punk scene since they're from where I live so a lot of my peers do it. It's not my thing but I don't hate on it, especially since a lot of the local musicians out here are pretty cool. Being a musician myself I feel like it's up to you to make the scene good

garage rock... garage rock... more garage rock... """slacker rock""".... garage rock

Literally every 'musician' around here is either 15 and wants to play Metalcore, or is 46 and wants start a classic rock cover band.

Help me.

Where do you live even?

My local scene is post-hardcore but the kids have never heard of Fugazi.

LOL

We have some interesting rap groups in Reno, but it's mostly "indie" bands using acoustics and harps trying to be the next arcade fire.

Same

dw OP, if this chick said this kind of shit at an actual punk show full of actual punks they would make it more than clear she needs to fuck off

literally brostep, pop country, and what I can only assume are buttrock revivalists (or at least emulators who crank up the gain to appear wacky and modern). I've been to two decent shows in the past 4 years.

>chick

agreed, cis white males should only play posi-core

youtube.com/watch?v=MqYG5FGvKJg

knowing that there are people like this is the world makes me sad desuu

>white women playing oppressed

is there anything more pathetic?

because her music is totally punk

izzyandthechimera.bandcamp.com/

We got Death Grips, so all in all, it's pretty good.

>women

fugazi fucking sucks man

>leaving your house enough to care about local music
>>>/facebook/

>How cancerous is your local scene?

We have opiniative lesbians but they're not that bad

>mfw girl from OPs picture interrupts a show to tell people in the crowd to check their privilege & stop oppressing her and gets run the fuck over

mostly shitty funk

I live in the san francisco bay area, so the local scene consists entirely of nostalgia bands...

bands that wish it was the 80s, bands that miss the glory days of thrash metal.. bands that miss the days of east bay punk, faggots who wish they were bob dylan

it's lame as fuck

retard phonefaggot

White women playing oppressed... In a first world country?

>DIY folk-pop made by a disabled Jewish nonbinary trans girl
lol

where can I find a decent post-hardcore/prog/psych rock scene?

>punk type venue where I live scans lyrics of bands beforehand to check if they're problematic

wtf i hate fugazi now

if thats a man its even funnier

dude, it's not a man, it's a disabled jewish nonbiinary trans girl

>zez, zuz and zoz pronouns please

#triggered

What the fuck even is the point of being a punk venue then

What an absolutely disgusting human

Not as much

>problematic

My left eye legitimately twitches every time I hear this word. Sorry user, fuck this cucked gay earth.

there isn't one, there's like two dadrock cover bands and that's it

Same by me over here in Staten Island, NY

>white tranny man raging against white men saying he hates them all and thinks he's a girl

How does this happen? I mean honestly

Thats funny because ""she"" probaly
Listens to bands like greenday, my
Chemical romance and thinks she is ""punk""

Look at this shit

damn, i know a band that was dropped from a bill at a punk venue because the show promoter thought the lyrics of one of their songs was sexist, though it wasn't and they are a death metal band so you wouldn't be able to understand the lyrics anyway.

whoa, easy there Nick Basset

I guess this creature wants to pretend to be an oppressed minority

>2016
>Rock/guitar music
>Not expecting it to be filled with pussies and PC dickheads

Robert Smith is looking pretty rough

When I see things like this I get an out of body feeling only its in a historical way. Like if ancient Romans were looking at what I'm seeing these would be some kind of prophetic doomsday times that is only talked about in stories or something. Is there a word for this feeling?

Looking at photos of this person makes me want to die

Horror

>tfw local crust punk scene was hijacked by SJWs a few years ago and this is the attitude of the entire scene now

Ze Zi Zo Zum
I smell the blood of a cis male scum

Portland, OR

lots of hipster-asshole guys like pic related

some kewl local bands tho, bigger acts come in on there tour now which is nice

the fact that you can't play i'm not a loser live anymore is pretty shit for the punk scene

This is Cincinnati.

There is one notable band to come out of this city in the past 10 years, and it's The National, who do not represent the city's music scene in any way whatsoever (thank god.)

Shit I just started a new band with some buds and it's all bestiality themed punk

DIY means literally nothing right now.

If I see something actively described as "DIY" I immediately substitute "fucking bullshit" in my head for it.

Nice.

My local scene is pretty dominated by beat down hardcore. It is okay I guess, the gigs can be pretty fun. I don't really listen to hardcore outside of gigs

oppressvr.bandcamp.com/

Local scene? I live in southern Oregon. The only scene that exists here is full of 40 something dads playing eagles covers and a bunch of gay 15 year olds with acoustic guitars playing "indie" music.

it's Do It Together dumbass

actual fag here. that bitch is ridiculous

same

Calgary is like that too

I just want to rip off radiohead but I'm 15 years too late

Non-existent

smokeringspdx.bandcamp.com/

this is normal for safer spaces. get over it tuff dude.

It's somewhat the same here too. My band got dropped from a bill because we were all white males and the headliner refused to play with us because of it.
And some easycore band got called out for playing a song called Bros before Hoes. Too problematic.

>easycore
wut

the local scene here is very diverse with lot's of bands, the only problem is how clique certain sections of the scene is and we only have 3 or 4 decent bands out of hundreds.

What the fuck are you on about, you actual retard?

You think a Sup Forumstant would know about a patrician genre like easycore

youtube.com/watch?v=41NrwTENQio

Why do you gotta bait like this?

I fucking hate people so goddamn much.

That is actual goddamn racism, and I say that as a full blown feminist dude. Fuck that shit. Fuck the dumbass thing from the OP. God fucking damn dude.

I'm offended that this exists.

>2016
>Still having the ability to feel anything other than sadness
>lul

Hello fellow Wollongongian

quality oughts

Move to Ohio and we'll do it together.

It's never too late to ripoff Radiohead, IF YOU DO IT RIGHT.

hey, cincinnati
i like our local scene myself, there's a lot more out there if you look for it
and Wussy kicks ass

This is also Cincinnati, lol

Like Cincinnati has actual potential to be a pretty good center for music and have a good scene

And then we waste it all by playing either stupid bullshit Velvet Undergound wanna be bullshit, garage rock, bad neo-psych (same thing basically), slacker bullshit, or post-hardcore flavored post-rock.

I couldn't even get halfway through that holy shit. I'm alone in my apartment rn but I was embarrassed by just the prospect of someone hearing me listening to that

>Small town in montana
>Rednecks who love country
>Kids who lived their entire lives on a ranch and rebel against parents by listening to Future and Desiigner
>Chicks who love boy bands
>Me
Theres only about 500 people in my town.

hello, what do you think of our local scene?

>wanting to be coldplay and muse

I look around a good bit, and I know/have seen quite a few bands just from going to shows that friends of mine in other bands have played and stuff. There is some decent stuff, but nothing like, earth shattering I've come across yet still.

And there is a serious problem with a lot of bands that sound completely indistinguishable from each other. Like, if you walk into MOTR on any given night, odds are that the band playing that night will sound exactly like the one that played last night.

Where are your favorite spots around town though just out of curiousity? Saw Julianns Barwick at the Ice Cream Factory a couple months ago and that was p. fucking sweet.

>if you do it right
>disqualifying Coldplay/Muse

pretty cool stuff when you expand beyond the shitty chug hardcore scene. big fan of miners, hoon, and solid effort. its weird that woods of desolation, drowning the light, etc are from wollongong.

this is fun

well personally i'm a sucker for well done garage and indie rock so i still enjoy a lot of the bands if they can write songs well, there are some offensively generic ones though.

as for venues ice cream factory is cool, northside yacht club has some great shows every once in awhile, and woodward theater can be cool too. tacocracy has a lot of tiny comfy shows.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm all about indie rock by all means...I just haven't particularly been blown away by anyone I've seen around town to this point. Leggy is pretty good though off the top of my head.

Haven't been to NSYC yet since they changed over from Mayday though I've meant to go to a couple shows there...and Tacocracy has shows?? lol

The Mockbee has been pretty interesting the past few months also I'd add.

On the flip side, I feel like Rake's End is almost always completely underwhelming compared to its reputation.

what if we combined the mellow pop and moodiness of coldplay with the noisy guitars and thoughtfulness of muse

holy shit does something like that exist

I live in Chicago and it's obviously swarming with struggle rappers, but parts around have distinct features like gritty neighborhoods not fully gentrified play loud and brash garage rock/punk(Logan Sq), industrial areas and spacious parts of the city are home to stoner/doom metal bands (Bridgeport), well upkept white neighborhoods are all indie/electronica artists (Wicker), far away from city chaos but still busy enough for decent foot traffic is folk but that's everywhere. My high school scene from the Northwest Suburbs is all generic pop punk with people directly copying The Story So Far. Its kindve like what the ANONS in CT said about garage rock but each band is a clone of the other
> Shit singing
> only the vocalist knows how to move around
> bass lines and drums are all similar
> all songs start with some trebly guitar riff then the drums hit
> half or all members have beards
I'm trying to get a Surf Punk scene going, whenever we get bands that E played Viva Pomona! they get a very good response, yesterday The Frights sold out a show their 2nd time here.

Man I kinda wish there were more garage rock bands in my scene but a lot of them do sound very generic. I just wish there was more people with similar tastes to find and talk to so we can form a solid band

A bunch of pretentious indie/folk shit.

Radiohead, I'm p.sure

Unless you're a woman living in some 3rd world shithole somewhere out in Africa/The Middle East you have no reason to claim oppression.