Self-titled VS IOWA

Which is the better album and WHY?

While both albums start off very strong and persistent, it really comes down to the fundementals in lyrics and instrumentation. I feel that Iowa is polished compared to the self-titled, and Iowa can stand on its own as a metal album instead of falling in to nu metal. Last, metabolic is goty!

I kinda feel exactly the same t b h

Both albums do kinda get somewhat mildly repetitive towards the half, but whatever

Thanks for your opinion anyhow, I'm in doubt as to which one I should buy

Self titled imo.

Any reason in particular?

That M.F.K.R demo with Corey on vocals, forgot the name

slipknot is shitty, gimmicky garbage

Iowa is the best
it even experiments at some points

parts even touch on grind, which I love. But s/t was the first album I listened to by them and it's hard to shake off the nostalgia effect.

best

Vol 3 of course

I PUSH MY FINGER INTO MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

EYE

Iowa is slightly better, but both are great. I love the experimentation with sound and psychedelia and discomforting noises on s/t, but Iowa consists of more fleshed out, better catchier songs imo

Nice opinion

Thanks man

Whichever one is shorter

s/t has the edge because it was recorded live (with overdubs) and it has that raw energy to it which they never really matched again

Iowa deserves recognition as being probably the most aggressive album to ever bother the pop charts, plus it has Gently which is one of their greatest songs without doubt

HERE WE GO AGAIN MOTHER FUCKER
got me hyped as hell when I was a kid

Self titled by far. Self titled they were actually able to control their angsty rage and channel it into interesting, well constructed songs.

Coverkillernation (although im not a fan of him) described Iowa perfectly. Death Metal for retards. The angsty rage took over, they tried to get heavier and it just sounded like a musical tantrum. Self titled is actually a pretty good album, Iowa sucks. I'd rather listen to Vol 3.

To add to this. Parts of self titled create an eerie atmosphere. The atmosphere isn't just constant outright autistic aggression like Iowa. Songs like Tattered and Torn being a great example of that.

I dunno. Frankly, I don't like Iowa that much (except for the title track and maybe Left Behind). S/t was their album I listened to the most and it became synonymous with them. Back in the day I would say that s/t sounded more like controlled madness (and didn't knew it was recorded live, as one user earlier mentioned - the raw energy really contributed to that) or something like that while Iowa sounded "too normal". Haven't listened to them in their entirety in a good while, though - especially Iowa.

I'd say s/t has lower lows from what I remember, but it still is their best album IMO. On the other hand it has Eyeless, which has forever been my favorite of them.

Eyeless is Slipknots GOAT track. Closely followed by (sic) and Purity imo.

As much as most of slipknots lyrics now just sound 2edgy4me and make me cringe. The line "you can't kill me cus I'm already inside you" is still pretty cool I think.

Reminder

I respect that opinion though I don't share it. It's easy to see why someone wouldn't enjoy Iowa; you kinda have to get past the at first listen very cringeworthy lines and the poppier structure, but I think their choruses on tracks like disasterpiece and The Shape are some of the best in their discography. The Shape is god tier

Self-titled imo. I think because some songs on stick more whit me. I like grincire so songs like Eeyore and Get This use some sick blastbeats. I like songs that are more "experimental" like Scissors, Diluted, Tattered ans Torn and Prosthetics. Also, if it wasn't for Slipknot o would be listening to some pop garbage and some brazilian shot tier music.

Iowa is the better album as it is way more consistent, but self-titled has "Eyeless", the best song by Slipknot. (sic) and Wait and Bleed are also pretty great.

A little bit off topic, Corey Taylor is one of the best rock singers out there, he has a charismatic voice and a wide vocal range.

Iowa is the best.
Though Confessions makes me smile and/or dance everytime I hear it.

Who the fuck cares about Scruffles at this point, really?

last track on iowa sounds like something from to be kind

That's nice then

yep

>Slipknot's s/t is rated higher than Kid A
Really makes you think

this
MAN, YOU'RE LIKE A SCHOOL IN THE SUMMER, NO CLASS!

slipknot is a fucking joke and always has been

Go go gadget thread