ITT: artists that have put out 50+ albums, eps, lps. live albums, demos, DVDs, and bootlegs don't count

>ITT: artists that have put out 50+ albums, eps, lps. live albums, demos, DVDs, and bootlegs don't count.

dunno if they've put out +50 but they're pretty prolific
also Jim O'Rourke

The Residents

Buckethead is just fucking bored tho

Bucket head is literally an OCD'er who just shatted out his weekly practice sessions on a tape every week last year. Hell at some point he didn't even bother naming them

Venetian Snares

Came here to post this
Too bad only the first 7 are God-tier, the rest is Ok to Shit.
Well, not going to blame anyone, their formation probaly changed at least a hundred times.

Test

This. Pretty much why I don't care for Buckethead at all. Don't get me wrong, he definitely has some solid releases...when he's actually trying. When he just records a 30 minute jam session and makes it into an 'album' or pike or whatever on a weekly basis, it goes to show he isn't even trying.

Aidan Baker

Sun ra

>264 studio albums

Sure he plays great but does it really count when you record yourself noodling around for half an hour? I suppose his usual 2 dollar sales are reasonable but come on. Does he have brain problems?

Zappa

He had more than fifty before shitting out stuff.
His first 2 records are kinda cool and some of his acoustic mellow and groovy shit is really good. For instance 'Colma' and "Population Override"

Sabbat

If you count out all their releases, and figure out their rate of releasing stuff, they released the least amount of works on a per time basis in the 70s when they had just started. Lower rate of release thus correlates with the quality of their music (what a surprise.../s) with only really God In Three Persons being a possible outlier.

>who just shatted out his weekly practice sessions on a tape
you mean like Richard D James, who has made a career out of it?

Is there any point to make such amount of music if absolutely NO ONE will EVER listen to your oeuvre in its entirety.

Exactly. They even share the 'mysterious character 'trope

Bull Of Heaven make songs that take on for centuries

Nah. Richard's pretty good at having multiple personas that he releases music through. There's a big difference between when he releases something like that as opposed to a real LP.

That's not exactly fair comparison, I mean, Richard had a period when he haven't released music at all.

Yeah, I know about them, I think it's """conceptual art""" shit gimmick. Music is supposed to be listened by a listener.

Am I the only one who thinks DS/B&G is bad? I think Not Avaliable is a 10/10 beautiful piece of music but DS/B&G sounds like shitty mallgoth core.

If you include all their various lineups, these guys have put out well over 50 albums.

I honestly agree with you on DS. I am the same guy who said in a Residents thread a few weeks back that I never checked out the band cuz I heard DS is a good starting point, but I was mad disappointed by DS and never checked them out after. Decided to check out MTR, NA, and Eskimo at the behest of the rest of the guys in the thread and I fell in love.

Duck Stab feels far more like the sporkcore term used to demean the group due to the fact that it feels lacking in actually good songwriting despite some nifty sounds and fun approach to lyrics.

These dudes are absolutely nuts live. Their show was what finally gave me the kick to start wearing earplugs to show

I think Tangerine Dream has released over 50

goreshit, with all the splits he did

The man is a legend.