Why Sup Forums hate Grimes so much? What did she do wrong?

Why Sup Forums hate Grimes so much? What did she do wrong?

Sup Forums can't accept the fact the their prodigious child went pop and everyone outside of this cesspool loved it.

She became an ugly, disgusting feminist. She removed a cute young girl from the gene pool

because music, regardless of what you might believe, is subjective.

this, also Art Angels sucks

So, it's envy? I don't understand the vitriolic reactions every time her name is mentioned. Like wtf?

True, but why hate? Why not indifference?

its like a kid who doesnt like broccoli being forced to eat it, eventually they'll just learn to hate it. Same with Grimesfags overposting and being overly defensive and pretty much outright attacking people who say that she's anything but a goddess in human form, forced overexposure to something you already dont like is a good way to go from not caring to straight up despising something.

She looks like she just got off the last train from Auschwitz

I've seen some bad reactions by simply mentioning her name, not defensive stance or overposting at all. Just by writing her name, the poster was suddenly under an avalanche of insults. Why this retarded behavior? Sup Forums consist only of underage twats?

Because she's a woman

she has her own general, every god damn day.
Holy shit you are delusional

He just answered you, retard

you havent considered that the people dont actually hate grimes, but they just like tormenting the fans. after all, grimesfans tend to be VERY easily butthurt. they're easy targets.

cute music for cute people (most of mu is ugly)

If she has her own generals that means she doesn't need to be posted elsewhere? That's retarded bro. If a thread asks for the best female artist for example, mentioning her is perfectly legit. Why the fuckers insult whoever posted her name?

i've already answered your fucking question 3 separate fucking times

Sup Forums is a music board, so obviously, people will have opinions on an artist. It's not like EVERYONE on this board hates Grimes, it's just that there are people don't like her music.

Just because 95% of people on this board go under the same name, that doesn't mean we are the same person.

lmao wtf did I just read. Every general starts with.
>look how cute she is
>boy I wish she was my gf, I would treat her right
>we totally are not giving her a demigod status around here hehe

Shame cause I do like her music but it doesn't cater to everyone user, why do you care so much what others think?

>overposting
What about filtering and ignoring?

>and being overly defensive and pretty much outright attacking people who say that she's anything but a goddess in human form
Because they were attacked first. That's a defensive mechanism.

nobody likes grimes.
every grimes general is just 15-20 autists posting until it reaches max

then they make shit threads like this for attention because we ignore them

she has a containment thread because of her psychopathic autist fanbase that exists here and RYM, if there was no general every thread here would devolve into grimespam.

I don't care what others think. I just want to talk about her peacefully and I don't get why she's so hated here. Like she's the devil, for fuck sake. WTF is Sup Forums's problem?

>pmc monitors

Jelly

the whole reason grimesfags are attacked so relentless is for the SAME reason you made this thread. they're easily butthurt. what else can i tell ya? why dont you ignore the grimeshaters if its so easy

>for attention because we ignore them
The thing is that her general threads are under constant shitposting and trolling. Just see the current one.

She made shitty music after having made decent music

Because they derail any discussion.

And that's a reason for raging hate against her?

only if you let them.
shitposters and trolls are like bullies and children, they literally only do it for the (You)s and the more you give them the (You)s, the more they'll continue to shitpost

I try to ignore them, but other anons don't. And it always results in a shitstorm.

The music was really shitty

grimes is an Idiot and her fans are legit retards
I don't hate her but posting her on Sup Forums is just asking to get bullied.

so maybe add a "dont give in to bullying" into the general sticky?

That's a weird opinion. You sound like a bully.

How do you explain everyone hating on Grimes on the rank thread? People just started doing it for no reason.

Im assuming you are op and if so why do you make this so hard for yourself
This guy posted your solution Op, just take 5 minutes to think about what this user said. I'm serious.

Case in point: how would you deal with such a retard that shitposts repeatedly: ? The mods don't even bother to delete obvious offensive posts. This board is fucked in every way.

she ugly

Grimes is fine, in herself. The rabid fanbase is reprehensible.

Her fans are legit sad, fat, lonely losers lmao. Pathetic.

Get this trash off my board.

because a lot of people would consider Grimes to be the worst out of the 4 posted. Is she? I won't say, but i'd imagine more people would consider Bjork and Kate Bush to be the best, with a toss up between St Vincent and Grimes. The hating came from a reaction of somebody going "wrong lel Grimes is the BEST you are such a PLEB for not liking her xD1"

Because they insulted you after you insulted them first? There's always action and reaction.

> Every general starts with.

I think you're confusing Grimes Generals with the assorted waifu threads on Sup Forums maybe Annie threads?

>nobody likes grimes.

> he actually believes this

> thread here would devolve into grimespam.

> implying that's something bad

the typical grimesfag vs non grimesfan

>who's better: (blank) or grimes?

>(blank), grimes is awful
>how can you not like grimes? you have no taste in music, here's 8 different songs and a picture of her being le quirky to change your mind.

Funny, but such aggressive reaction would come with or without
>somebody going "wrong lel Grimes is the BEST you are such a PLEB for not liking her xD1"

It's clear as the day that Sup Forums hate her a lot.

Rude

did you really just imply that Grimes Generals AREN'T waifu threads? you're delusional kid.
also, its pretty hypocritical of you to say that people should hate on grimes or her fans, when you just attacked Annie fans for no reason (and i dont even like Annie)

no it wouldnt. tell somebody grimes is your favorite artists. somebody will call you a pleb, or an autist or a faggot or whatever but it would literally be the case no matter who you post. everybody gets shit on here, Grimesfags just take it too personally and it makes them easier to target.
G U A R E N T E E D ( Y O U ) S

And how is that a bad thing? It's a music board, of course there would be discussions.

>(blank), grimes is awful
And do you call this an argument? Of course the Grimes fan would try to prove that someone that he's wrong. Because that someone is actually wrong. Saying x is awful without explaying why, it's an invitation to a heated argument.

If you want to peacefully talk about Grimes and her music without getting harassed all the time then why do you fucking think you can do it in the most opinionated and agressive music site on the whole fucking OG internet?

Because most people who post about her are waifufags

Why not? If Sup Forums is aggressive towards the Grimes fans, don't you think it's fair that Grimes fans should be aggressive as well? Put yourself in their place.

This.

>did you really just imply that Grimes Generals AREN'T waifu threads?

Yes, I just did. The vast majority of comments on Grimes Generals aren't waifu type comments.

> when you just attacked Annie fans for no reason

Kek. I didn't say shit about them unless you consider waifu to be an insult but that's on you.

/thread

grimesposting is the fucking worst

I actually love her music but literally every thread i've ever seen about her in this place was like a cancerous fucking tumor

FUCK OFF

Could you prove this ridiculous claim?

Grimes is not the only hated musician, everyone is hated in some way, Grimes is one of the most popular, so she's one of the most hated

>Saying x is awful without explaying why, it's an invitation to a heated argument.
exactly! its just there to get a rise out of you! thats the only reason! its just trolling and baiting and you retards always fall for it!
and the fact that i've been here this entire thread giving you MULTIPLE reasons why grimes is ""hated"" but you still can only say "b-but grimes!" proves that you literally cant get anything through your head and already have your mind made up.

My point is why the fuck to even stay here if you don't want what you get here? Sure, you can be aggressive with your 16 year old boy cult group but what the fuck would you get from that? Sup Forums would just hate you even more to the extent where you finally give up.

Everybody is hated but not as much as Grimes. I've never seen so many ad hominem attacks against an artist of a fanbase. So much hate is surprising.

Irritating visual presence, generic music with her gimmicky k-pop tryhard vocals, and god-awful music videos

>he extent where you finally give up.

What makes you think it will be Grimesfags who surrender and not the other way around?

are you actually retarded? motherfucker, grimes is ""hated more"" because her fans are EASIER TO BAIT

Well, I don't think the Grimes fans will ever give up, not matter what Sup Forums think. Sup Forums will be forever pissed off because of this indie artist and her fanbase.

grimes is dogshit

>ITT op is told by multiple anons explicit reasons why anons dislike her, or even inform him on Sup Forums culture nice thread op kys sage

>went
lol. She's been exactly as poppy as her skills and resources have allowed her to be for her entire career.

shitposters and trolls will never quit as long as Grimesfags get butthurt by their comments.

That's cute.

waifufaggots are the worst

do you really think most of those who talk shit about Grimes actually hate her?

I don't think they're easier to bait. Look at the Joanna Newsom fans or Bjork fans or Annie fans or Death Grips fans or Kanye fans. However, I strongly believe that you're a retarded motherfucker. Don't even try to prove me wrong, you know it's true. Ciao.

>her fans are EASIER TO BAIT
you just proved that point

>have allowed her to be for her entire career.

How do you know? And even if it were true Sup Forums certainly doesn't seem to mind Visions or Halfaxa but absolutely abhors Art Angels

Weak reasons to hate someone. You're just too sensitive. Maybe even a pleb.

> cute music for cute people

That mofo was triggered irl as you can see here I'm actually calm. My previous reply was straight to the point.

i'm retarded?
i've given you:
all these fucking reasons why grimes gets shit on and you're gonna come at me like i did something wrong. you autistic motherfucker, you just proved my point by falling for bait that i didnt even intend.
here's the shortened, simplified version for your dumbass:

grimes fans: hur dur i luv grimz
user: grimes is shit lol
grimes fans: DUR DUR DUR HOW DARE YOU TALK BAD ABOUT THE GODDESS
user: grimes is shit lol
grimes fans: FUCK YOU LISTEN TO ALL THESE SONGS AND TELL ME YOU DONT WORSHIP HER

For me personally I don't like Grimes but also that doesn't mean that I would hate her. But I do fucking despise the cult like following of her and the fucking "Grimes generals" where you ask for fap pics and discuss the same shit over and over.

Why you're so triggered? Seriously, stop shitposting here for a moment. Take a break, get laid, anything else.

>user: grimes is shit lol
And that it's a retarded argument to say the least. And then you're complaining why the Grimes fans are so aggressive and they insult you. Because you deserve that.

Any male thats a fan of grimes music is legit gay
how can you listen to such pussy music about transgender gangstas or w/e her retarded ass came up with

Holy shit that is just proof of how autistic Grimes fans are.

Ever since I found out that Grimes was a woman, the word "Tumblr" rushed through my head at a rate of 30 words per second.

Whoever asked for those pics isn't a real fan. Ffs, you can't tell apart a troll from a legit fan?

they aren't intending to debate the merits of her music, they only want to trigger you! and obviously it fucking works.

I don't hate her, I don't personally hate any artist
I hate people like you wanking her off constantly and behaving in complete bewilderment when everyone's fucking sick of it
>Maybe even a pleb
Grimes makes plebby pop music with a quirky filter and the aforementioned k-pop vocals, listening to her and praising her as some sort of art extraordinaire is like seeing those working-class women who drink from a glass with their finger raised to try and appear high-class when it's something high-class people don't even do

I love art angels

Visions is an extremely poppy album its just minimalist cindy lauper

what

They are just sounds user no need to be mad

>But I do fucking despise the cult like following of her and the fucking "Grimes generals"

Grimes is a religion too

>Grimes makes plebby pop music
Stopped reading right there. You certainly have no idea about her discography. Maybe you listened to a couple of Art Angels songs at maximum. Listen to Geidi Primes, Halfaxa and Visions and we're talking.

>Isn't a real fan
Well it just seems when ever I go and watch the threads they still happen to be full of pictures of Grimes for fapping.

If any of you Grimes fans tell yourselves the fanbase isn't damn annoying you're lying to yourself, you know it too.

ITT:

>why so much grimes hate
>(reason)
>yeah but why so much hate
>(another reason)
>(yet another reason)
>(and yet another reason)
>yeah but

t. Sup Forums Aryan warriors

Woah Grimes has those 3dios they use in ASMR.
What if Grimes made ASMR? I think I would watch it.