Am I a faggot for loving this so much?

Am I a faggot for loving this so much?

God damn this is a beautiful album - musically & lyrically

don't worry, bro. I'm gay for Ezra.

no
this album is fucking great

No, it's a great album. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Now how about we finish each other off?

MVotC is good but contra is their best work

Everyone's gay for Ezra

Modern Vampires was HUGE on here when it came out and is still fringe Sup Forumscore. You're in good company, don't worry.

Nah I still listen to this every couple weeks or so during the spring and summer. I wouldn't call it AOTY 2013 but it's a very solid album all the way through.

In essence, if Contra hadn't already done it, Modern Vampires is the sound of Vampire Weekend utterly selling out to mainstream accessibility and popularity. My overall opinion of it in short is, I cannot even articulate how much I despise the sound of this record: over-produced, auto-tuned, baroque, uninteresting, dilettante, over-polished, pop music garbage. It is most obviously a commercial endeavor aimed at middle-class American white people, who I guess have nothing to do but fill stadium seats and listen to Ezra Koenig sing about his "sophisticated" problems, and abstractify the country's socioeconomic malaise with terribly contrived lyrics, and make inauthentic gestures at the pains of love with the tackiest, most overly-sentimental melodic and instrumental arrangements imaginable. Vampire Weekend is one of the most unimportant bands to ever get this much critical attention in the entire history of popular music. They are the same distraction and the same bastardization of real art as Hollywood is to film. At this point, I can only compare them to U2 as one of the most boring, meaningless bands to ever become massively popular, and still be critically acclaimed. It's truly a disappointment.

nice copypasta

part of a review I wrote breh

Nah. Even I, a certified patrician, like this album.

impressive - you could write for Pitchfork!

>Could I have been made to serve a master? Well I'm never going to understand, never understand.

They were always a pop band
This is why rock and indie is dead, because faggots like you shitting on a band just because they got popular. Crab mentality.

Yes
>Even I, a certified patrician
It's really bothering me that the word patrician is being used by every ultra-pleb these days

>Modern Vampires is the sound of Vampire Weekend utterly selling out to mainstream accessibility and popularity

When was Vampire Weekend ever not accessible and mainstream? If anything I'd argue that MVotC is slightly less accessible than s/t, and both are pretty damn accessible.

>They are the same distraction and the same bastardization of real art as Hollywood is to film.

project more. (also, someone doesn't know shit about new hollywood.)

>
yeah i guess, but the music is dope so w/e.

Its basically animal collective for normalfags so no, not really.

This is probably their best album.

album got AOTY but I wish more people understood how great it is

contrarian motherfucker

How exactly are they like AnCo? I mean I like both bands, but I don't see any similarities at all.