Why do Mexicans speak Spanish? Can't they speak their own Mehica/Nahuatl language?

Why do Mexicans speak Spanish? Can't they speak their own Mehica/Nahuatl language?

They have "Spanish blood" argument is BS. Whites are only 10% of Mexico.

As for the meztizos, I'm half Asian half white and I identify the culture of the land I'm on.

Mexico is in America not Europe

Wake the fuck up

Why do Americans speak English? Can't they speak their own German language?

They have "English blood" argument is BS. Anglos are only 7.6% of USA.

>Why do Mexicans speak Spanish?

They are cucks.

>They have "Spanish blood" argument is BS.
>Whites are only 10% of Mexico.

pic related

Why do Americans speak English? Can't they speak their own German language?

They have "English blood" argument is BS. Anglos are only 7.6% of USA

>They have "Spanish blood" argument is BS. Whites are only 10% of Mexico.

>Spain
>White
lmao

CHI

CA

NO

They do.

t. spoke with a mexican

There are over 60 languages being spoken in Mexico, and if you go back in time there were even more.

All of them belong to sometimes really fucking different cultures that often were enemies or simply not friendly among each other.

Almost all Amerindians in this country speak both their languages and Spanish to a degree.

So speaking nahuatl would still be imposing to the majority of them.

Not to mention that around 70% of the country is mestizo (that is, with some sort of native and euro/spaniard ancestry), so most of us share the Spanish culture even if our amerindian ancestry is really different, plus the 15% of purely Euro people who live here (most from Spaniard origin). So, around 85% of the country share Spanish ancestry, and the remaining 15% aren't all from the same culture.

>That feel when chilean dialect is at most 5 years away from becoming it's own language.

We speak Algonquin dialects IRL desu senpai.

Speaking a language indigenous to the continent makes so much more sense

The Phillipines has many languages and ethnic groups but they chose a native language Tagalog to be the lingua franca

they actually switch from tagalog to english all the time, even on the news.

Stop drifting away from the hispanosphere!

Chileans are terrible people, I really wish they started speaking a different language.

If speaking the language of the continent is so important why don't you speak Navajo or something?

My Mexican friend was like we might speak spanish but we have shitloads of azteca words n sheet

>Speaking a language indigenous to the continent makes so much more sense
It really doesn't though

>Navajo

My local language is Algonquian sir

>Tagalog uses many nahuatl words because it was part of New Spain

I don't know man, I just told you why speaking Spanish makes more sense.

And do you speak it?

kek gets me errtime

i would learn it if there were resources

Why do you speak English then? That's the language of the conquerers, not the land

lmao what's going in the pic. the boy being snubbed

He wanted to eat the body of Christ but the priest didn't allow him to.

senpai didn't notice him

Because the Spanish forced them to speak their language to further cement how hard they beat their ass. Eventually people forgot how to speak mexican. I bet the only people in mexico who can speak native mexican are historians and shit.

>tfw no hot native american bf to conquer my wet colony with his mighty spear

>Can't they speak their own Mehica/Nahuatl language?
a million of them do.

I DEMAND YOU MAKE A SACRIFICE TO HUITZILOPOCHTLI FIRST

There is no such thing as a 'mexican' language. There never was and never will be due to the fact before spanish colonization, different peoples spoke their own language. There was never a universal language in the Mexico. Post spanish colinaztion, the natives that still remain in mexico stills peak their own tongues with spanish.

What would be mexican language anyway? it would vary per region just like our accents do.

>What would be mexican language anyway?
it would be Nahuatl since it is the most widely spoken native language, with 1.5 million speakers.

it wouldn't.

Mayan's wouldn't speak that shit if you forced them too.

Mexico is too diverse to impose Nahuatl on different natives, spacially down south.

Spanish serves the best purpose for a universal language as it doesn't cause resentment from natives and they get to keep their cultural pride intact. Then seclude themselves like they currently do lololol

>Mayan's wouldn't speak that shit if you forced them too.
oh shit yeah, they'd go full Zapatista and declare Independence again.

That would be quite cool tho.

If you think about it is not that different than India or Pakistan. In both countries they speak their local languages as well the "national" unifying Language, such as Urdu or English.

>with 1.5 million speakers
which is ridiculous in a country with more than 100m people

there are dozens of differents dialects, spanish and spanish heritage is actually what they all have in common

Then they should switch to english.

Doesn't Guatemala and most other Latin American countries have their own native languages they speak locally?

I used to work with everything from Mexicans to Guatemalans to Salvadorians and they'd all speak Spanish (dialects would vary), then some of them would speak their own local languages, especially the Guatemalans.

why would they speak english Manolo?

Mexico doesn't have any connection to anglo nations. Just because it's next to America doesn't mean America imposes such influence there. It might up north, but not as much down south.

t. clueles leprechaun

are american stereotypes about mexico mostly based on northern mexico? i don't mean bad stereotypes, but just cultural things, like food music etc.

of course, you think Americans even know there are banana leaf tamales?

You hate us and still speak spanish, CHI. You should have banned spanish when yout got your independence.

this is wrong but if you change Mexico and mexican with Ireland and irish and spanish with english it becomes 100% true

>banana leaf tamales

Good, but I still prefer my grandma's corn husk ones during Christmas.

Mexicans don't hate you. Why are a bunch of you guys so delusional about this? I was born and raised in mexico and nobody even thinks of you, yet you have this illusion of grandeur and that you're being hated in mexico when you aren't.

Not even chicanos talka bout spain. Please come down to reality and realize nobody cares about you and nobody hates you.

Like I said, spanish is a great universal language, specially considering a lot of regions in mexico don't have any natives there and the language left behind in the regions was spanish. It wouldn't make much sense to reinvent the wheel when it already works.

no, there are 60 indigenous languages here but only spoken by

Because fuck learning 60 languages just to communicate with someone in the next city.