How many languages does Sup Forums speak or can at least communicate a bit?

How many languages does Sup Forums speak or can at least communicate a bit?

>4

Other urls found in this thread:

conjuga-me.net/verbo-fazer
conjugacao.com.br/verbo-fazer/
exame.abril.com.br/carreira/pego-ou-pegado-qual-e-o-certo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the bottom 3 rows sound like some balkan babbling

Ebonics
American
Canadian
Texan

>language
>>ebonics
>>American
>>Canadian
>>Texan

Meh... in french, we have the same kind of shitty conjugation, with some tenses (past composite, simple past, anterior past) that mean the exact same thing.
Also 4 (french, english, italian, russian).

Probably can survive in 6 languages

>so many cases to express the same things

such redundancy

Why do you have so many tenses?

Bad english, country english, hey, ese I am breaking into your car, and proper spanish.

>What did he do?
>What has he been doing?

etc.

You think anybody sat down and decided to create 20 tenses? Its just natural for language to evolve, in slavic languages lot of word combinations just sound wrong-to say for lack of better words, so lot of shit is added, good thng is that you dont have to learn it, it comes naturally

English
Russian
Ukrainian

Portuguese, English, Spanish, French

Maaaaybe I could get by Italian if I really needed it, but I doubt it.

russian
belarusian
english

None of them expresses the same thing as another one. There's a huge difference.
For fun and mostly because of grammar.

also our weird hybrid of russian and belarusian, not sure if that counts as a language though

So they aren't all very different in application?

Those 20 are not actually tenses, just some 'affixes' (time of action + kind of subject + single or plural), I believe, all the slavic languages contain this crap.

Texanese
Dixielandish
Americanic

those are not tenses but more meme information

Engurland
Svearikska
Soumi

You would use all of them in different situations. But for example in OP pic there are words that average person probably never uses in his lif

oh, so are some of those tenses archaic then?

used to speak (at least basic stuff) 4 in school, english, italian, french and portuguese
now I speak only two

English and Spanish
t. 2nd generation immigrant scum

swedish and english

CHI

Oh so it actually contains extra info like that? That's pretty cool desu

I can asure that we actively use about 85% of them and the three bottom lines are kind of archaic used mainly in literature.

Fluent/proficient in 3 (English, Esperanto, Spanish), can have a really ungraceful conversation in 2 more (American Sign Language, Korean), and I can read/understand but not speak 1 more (Portuguese).

So...
Would admit publicly: 3.5
Could surive with: 5.5

Yes, most people dont have capacity or vocabulary to ever use the very bottom ones. But they come handy for artists

>pic
Are those verb conjugations? We have more than that in Portuguese

Are you CHI or just a darker American?

not mexican just cuban exile + colombian

That's cool. After studying Spanish, I realized that english is limited by not having the a system of verb or noun tenses like most European languages. That being, having a large amount of room to say different things.

English, Welsh, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese. My French and Catalan are shit but I can understand them ok.

Yeah enghlish is limited in how words are formed or in flexibility of words, but you can express yourself clearly in any situation from everyday to abstract bullshit, so its actually better system, just more boring

Monolingual english but I can still communicate with half of the fucking world because we're #1 in just about everything.

Why do you speak Welsh and how do you feel about it?

t. "useless" language enthusiast

I see what you did there.

What do you mean?

I lost the meme pic to answer you.

Tell me, does your pic include all possible versions (tenses etc.) of "do" or is that just a basics?

>3
Guess which ones

I wasn't lying, though
You can check it here, if you want: conjuga-me.net/verbo-fazer
I even left one out (the bottom right one) because we don't really consider it a tense here in Brazil. I don't know about the Portuguese, though

We use all our tenses regularly, so I guess it's safe to say they're all "basic" or at least essential

>inflecting this hard
>current millennium

It was about the flag. Not about lying.

English

And...a tiny bit of French and a few words of Polish

>not inflecting at all

Cool, which Polish words do you know?

I feel a little bad about the Portuguese everytime I see this on xvideos

English
Spanish
Chinese

>Irish
>English
>Russian
>French

Shieeeeeeet, it's even Brasiliero.

Very simple ones, can't string a sentence together, I did know how to say my name and age but I forgot that, I'll list the ones I can think of, spelling may be off and I'm missing the 's and stuff

czesc, tak, nie, dzieki, ja pierdole, spierdole, kurwa mac, papa (means goodbye right?), spierdalaj, bardzo

I'm sure there were a few more but I guess I forgot

If you wanna say "My name is" it's "Nazywam sie ... " I think.
And if you wan to say your age it's "Mam ... let."

oh and btw., I love how most of the words you know is swearing.

English
Czech
French
Can understand lots of spanish but don't know how to communicate

Czech?
Just basics or something more advanced as well?

fluent

can you understand eastern slovak dialect?

If you add the enclise/mesoclise/proclise you get literally hundreds

oh really? Where did you learn? I am curious as it's not really common to see someone from outside of Europe (Or even outside of Czech) to speak czech.

yeah...got them from my ex gf...

and thanks, I will try and remember this time

>no dělávajícežme

If they use the Brazilian spelling (most of the time, since they are a larger audience and we know English well enough), everyone here prefers they use the flag as a warning, really.

There's like 8 or 9 different tenses, each of them with 6 distinct subjects, and you also add a little hifenated thing when you either mean "do to something/someone" or "do to oneself", of which there are like 8 or 9 different ones, and they can change the word before the hifen.

So for each verb there's literally hundreds of conjugations. Other Romance languages are similar, but they don't hifenate the object at all, so it's only dozens.

Most of this last part follows strict rules, so it's not too bad.

This.
But they're not really common in everyday speech

spanish
English
Japanese (conversational)

no jo no, pár jich tam holt chybí

>If they use the Brazilian spelling, everyone here prefers they use the flag as a warning, really.
>hurr durr muh mute consonants

That's because you're using the trial version of the language :^)

For real, though. We use enclise all the time (when necessary), and even the mesoclise, which is rarer, but we do use it when appropriate.

conjugacao.com.br/verbo-fazer/
This is a bit of a subset, since the -o in the second example can be -a, and the last example can be -me -te -lhe -se -lhes, so it adds up.

It's mostly the switching the pronouns around and using different words. Really, it's too close to feel different, so it feels wrong reading it. It's nothing against you, despite the banter. English is just easier and more appropriate online. Even Euro Portuguese I rarely use, even if available.

every romance language minus romanian and english + weaboo

>We use enclise all the time (when necessary), and even the mesoclise, which is rarer, but we do use it when appropriate.
Yeah, I meant only the mesóclise
Even we use ênclise a lot in some constructions, even though some of us don't realize that it's actually there

American English.
English English.
Profainity (most forms).
/k/ommando.

>There's a huge difference.

lmao sure thing bro

Yeah, I've seen you guys use the ênclise in some specific cases now that I think of it. Is it at the beginning of questions, or some context-dependent sentences?

Mesóclise is just rare to use, because you'd rarely use the tenses in most sentences, and some people skip it out of ignorance, but it's something correction-worthy, usually. Unless it's your superior, obviously.

>Is it at the beginning of questions, or some context-dependent sentences?
Hm... I don't know if there's some sort of rule of usage to it. I can't think of any examples now off the top of my head

Is it when you use the imperative tense?

"Trás-me uma goiaba." or "Me trás uma goiaba"?

It almost certainly varies by region, though.

"Me traz uma goiaba" would be the most common way to say it, but "Traz-me uma goiaba" doesn't sound foreign or tuga-ish to me at all.

Anyway, I managed to come up with an example:
"De quanto em quanto tempo deve-se fazer a revisão do carro?". That "deve-se" might be written as "deve se" in some cases, but it's still ênclise and it's used mostly in phrasal verbs (locuções verbais).

>might be written as "deve se"
I'm pretty sure that that would be grammatically wrong. The grammar rules aren't different in this case.

>"De quanto em quanto tempo >>deve-se>se deve

mluvim trochu cesky (-:

>I'm pretty sure that that would be grammatically wrong. The grammar rules aren't different in this case.
Yeah, it's not right in this case, but "-se" and "se" are both accepted here as grammatically correct in some phrasal verb constructions, mainly due to ambiguity

>So you just invert it sometimes. I'm not gonna lie, It mildly triggers me.
kek It's cool desu. It makes our speech much more flexible and adaptable and it's particularly useful for writing poems

>but "-se" and "se" are both accepted here as grammatically correct in some phrasal verb constructions, mainly due to ambiguity
Just came up with an example of this:
>O menino teria (se cortado) se a mãe não tivesse pego a faca a tempo.
>O menino (teria-se) cortado se a mãe não tivesse pego a faca a tempo.

Ukranian
English
Polish

Yeah, but that "se" (in se cortado) is an "if", not a pronoun. It'd only be ambiguous if you didn't have the following verb requiring a conditional.

Also, pego? not pegado? It's getting weirder and weirder.

>English
Fluent

>Portuguese
I've been there a gazillion times and can speak it well.

>French
I've been studying it for 7 months

>Yeah, but that "se" (in se cortado) is an "if", not a pronoun
Uh, no, it's not. The only conditinal there is the "se" in "se a mãe"

>Also, pego? not pegado? It's getting weirder and weirder.
I honestly don't know. We use both here, but only according to how natural they sound in a certain sentence or context. I don't know the grammar behind it.

>exame.abril.com.br/carreira/pego-ou-pegado-qual-e-o-certo/
This might help shed some light on how irregular Portuguese can be

>The only conditinal there is the "se" in "se a mãe"
That's what I meant, I just quoted wrong.

>pego/pegado
We have that with morto/matado and the other ones in the link, but not pego. Interesting.

Norwegian (including all Scandinavian dialects)
English
German

Ich sprech Deutsch
I speak English
Minä puhun vähän Suomea
Vejvejó Jagárhvejyk
Un ek kür en lüttjen Tick Platt.
That makes 5

>That's what I meant, I just quoted wrong.
Anyway, just to clarify,
the "se" in "teria se cortado" is actually a próclise attached to "cortado"
and the "se" in "teria-se cortado" is an ênclise on "teria"

English
Spanish
Mexican
Bolivian
Argentinian
Ecuatorian
Colombian
Peruvian
Cuban
Panaman
Puertorican

learning Japanese but it's hard ;_;

Fuck right off
Get rid of the idea that a nationality constitutes a language right now

you're just jealous that I speak 11 languages :^)

Yeah, I know. I thought you meant ambiguity between both the enclise 'se' (if it were without the hifen) and the conditional preposition. Which wouldn't be the case, because only one of them would change the second verb in the sentence (althought you'd need to look ahead to know, but it wouldn't change the pronunciation, just the enunciation, maybe).

All that to say that the hifen must not have come to remove ambiguity, and just to link it as a structure to the verb, but then the proclise fucked it up, since it doesn't need one.

I dunno.

全然難しくないよ
がんばって

I get that you're being facetious, but are they really all considered distinct languages? Not accents?

I ask because I never see Spanish written down.

As in, are the changes vocabulary only, or does it also affect grammar rules?

user is only joking