yes

I hope not

God no

No

The world tries to be too happy for this shit
If it does it won't be for a long time

grunge died with kurt

Kurt is the biggest hack in the history of rock music

I don't see grunge truly coming back because the grunge scene was really three different musical movements soaking in each other. On the one end you had rough garage punk bands, on another you had brooding alt metal bands, and on another you had retro hard rock bands. There were a few bands with elements of all those, but most leaned in one direction. Now lots of punky noise rock bands have some element of grunge in them, as do lots of bland "post-grunge" hard rock bands that have more in common with hair metal than they ever did with the Seattle grunge scene. And then of course without grunge stoner metal never would've happened, plus the band that basically started sludge was from the grunge scene (Melvins). But now that these movements are no longer centered in the same city, they have no reason to associate with each other. Of course you still have some revivalists, though.

Classics:
youtube.com/watch?v=QECJ9pCyhns
youtube.com/watch?v=iRzAh2-Ukjc
youtube.com/watch?v=sC2GjXMk7i4
youtube.com/watch?v=2z0cKtSlHOU
youtube.com/watch?v=VUb450Alpps
youtube.com/watch?v=xRH6I8baK7o
youtube.com/watch?v=tWZ9ihZ_TUw
youtube.com/watch?v=MnB7zNrnRqk
youtube.com/watch?v=PE5f561Y1x4
youtube.com/watch?v=fLWmTw_HTA8
youtube.com/watch?v=Hp5r9qwqpPc
youtube.com/watch?v=HWxS48yOwfI
youtube.com/watch?v=Nco_kh8xJDs
youtube.com/watch?v=M0l-Oqabipk
youtube.com/watch?v=SJKvE3tMIPs
youtube.com/watch?v=FjXPjpkInLk
youtube.com/watch?v=HffbME_B7JQ
youtube.com/watch?v=2TRVJpruBsM
youtube.com/watch?v=FDVpRR755rc
youtube.com/watch?v=MK73Y-W8JJg
youtube.com/watch?v=O3dWBLoU--E
youtube.com/watch?v=iUHxx0ZeIZU
youtube.com/watch?v=NAdlZ2F-fs8
youtube.com/watch?v=2bS-D8YP6vg

Just to add to this post (hit the word limit), here's a good revivalist: youtube.com/watch?v=J_wF7EUyMYU

here's a terrible fucking revivalist: youtube.com/watch?v=fAMz5VlaUic

Fucking this
Grunge is the goddamn worst shit and I really wish Kurt didn't blow his brains out so he could be a washed up fuck today

>youtube.com/watch?v=M0l-Oqabipk

kek

Nirvana was the only really interesting grunge act. I mean that sincerely. If you listen to Alice in chains, pearl jam and soundgarden--they all pretty much sound alike. None of those bands made an album like incesticide or in utero. There's no point in bringing back grunge either. If anything you'd get more shit bands like nickelback or seether.

>he still thinks Kurt """""killed""""" himself

Trap is the modern grunge music.

At Least We Had Post-Grunge... Although Its Definatly Not As Good, There Were Sone Plausable Bands Such As Foo Fighters...And Then Theres Nickelback...

I love the shit out of Superheaven but holy fuck they're in the wrong decade.

true

Actually, I think that it probably could, but certainly not on the scale that it once was. Twenty years have passed, a lot of teenagers and twenty year olds want to emulate that grunge sound, just as in the nineties bands like STP and Soundgarden used to emulate that 70s hard rock sound

Probably not, but unfortunately. I think it was very much a time and place. Attempts to mimic it commercially resulted in a lot of "new rock" bullshit, with no soul whatsoever. I'm sure a handful of indie artists will come around eventually, to do a good-enough twist on it.

>Alice In Chains
>Not good/interesting

Look, I like Soundgarden as well, but I can concede on that end. They weren't mind-blowing

However, Dirt, and Jar of Flies not being interesting releases and sounding like a ton of other shit at the time is wrong. Dirt had a unique intensity to it, and Jar of Flies's somber tone

>the swan song of a genre
True. The question truly at hand is, what will take over rap as the mainstream genre in the 2020s?

AIC Are Seriously Underated Imo

Pearl Jam and Soundgarden sounded kinda similar, but AiC didn't really sound like them at all. Also there were way more than 4 grunge bands.

it's gonna be a cross between emocore/noise rock/jangle pop and third stream post-bop jazz

Another Good Revivalist Band Are Pregnant Whale Pain (Shit Name For A Band I Know), Heres One Of There Songs youtu.be/6hE3SHvd3PU

upbeat art rock music like Everything Everything in response to a world war ravaging Europe and the Americas

Guys. Rap and R&B were the mainstream genres when grunge was at its peak. Nirvana just kinda came out of nowhere to murder them on the charts, and remained there for what seemed like forever. It was a freak occurrence.

youtube.com/watch?v=dscfeQOMuGw

it already did, its called 'vapourwave'

I unironically want both

Obscure early 90s music videos are unequivocally the comfiest things in existence.

youtube.com/watch?v=RkeCX62tbxk
youtube.com/watch?v=mvqZ1t-nnCw
youtube.com/watch?v=KihGQiTAwiI
youtube.com/watch?v=zlgaRgcDeFI
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_0zyAhu8a8
youtube.com/watch?v=b0DTBOQOdf4

God I hope not

post-grunge happened, ya know
it's like a nightmare looking back, but it happened.
Grunge itself will not come back

The Melvins were not from the grunge scene. They were around for 10'years before that shit started, you fucking knowitall.

No, they weren't. Soundgarden, Skin Yard, Malfunkshun, and Green River had been around since '84 or 85, and the U-Men were around even before that. My problem isn't that I'm a "knowitall", it's that you don't know shit about grunge or the Melvins. Kys

Nice!

it's barely a genre. there's certainly nothing left to do with it, hence the abomination of post-grunge

alice in chains were a cut above soundgarden and pearl jam, even if it was just heroin addict sabbath worship. there was nothing really interesting about nirvana, besides the kurt spectacle

no

guitar music and rock is dead

>my childhood

badmotofinger was best grunge album

that Pond song is great, wish I'd remembered to include them (and, on a very different note, The Jesus Lizard)

Oh, c'mon. Nirvana was something else. Even as:

youtube.com/watch?v=uAE6Il6OTcs
youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg

Nirvana was fucking psychotic and soulful, like nobody else:

youtube.com/watch?v=w7KmeziI7T8

It already has

>Superheaven
youtube.com/watch?v=uhpEteREbtY

>Wolf Alice
youtube.com/watch?v=z71df68qLp0

>Strange Wilds
youtube.com/watch?v=feEkz0qoNn4

as much as I love grunge, I agree with this.

what made grunge great was it was raw and passionate and new that rose organically out of local music scenes. If you want the next wave of great rock bands, it has to be something raw and passionate and new that comes out of local scenes... if you try to revive grunge, it'll be forced and fake and basically be emo

Dig and Hazel are really nice

enjoying Wolf Alice a lot, but wouldn't quite call it grunge...
Superheaven are great, of course.

Strange Wilds are the most legit grunge band I've seen in a long time, but despite that, this one I'm not fond of.

This isn't really grunge, not nearly as abrasive enough. this is more like alt rock

Maybe folks in this thread are just happy.

youtube.com/watch?v=sXbhwZdIeU4

to each their own. Subjective Concepts was one of my 2015 favorites.

He's right though.

yeah, Buzz Osborne even had a band with Kurt Cobain called Fecal Matter in the mid 80s

youtube.com/watch?v=GIKvclrYaPM

He proves you wrong and you ignore it
kys

Grunge will not comeback but a new form of rock and roll will arise, probably in the 20s. Record labels will eventually start looking into underground bands again once this whole era of garbage music is over.

>Pearl Jam and Soundgarden sounded kinda similar
not really

Honey Bucket is one of my favorite songs. I can't believe I haven't seen the video before

Wow I just went to a "grunge compilation" to get a refresher of what grunge besides Nirvana sounds like. I hope it doesn't come back because it fucking sucks

Is this an album title?

Probably one of the best freestyle rappers eventually went on to create a grunge band on 2006.

Here's the only album they made as the vocalist, known mostly as Eyedea, passed away in 2010 at the age of 28.

youtube.com/watch?v=WbYb1GJQ8pY