Entry Level Black Metal

I like black metal, and I don't really listen to much else metal-wise beyond that. There's a girl I'm talking to who likes metal in general, but hasn't really explored black metal before, so I can't send her the more obscure artists because I don't think she'll appreciate the lo-fi quality. What are some decent entry level black metal bands/songs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nb6JiKL3d1s
youtu.be/CEYAv13D9s8
youtube.com/watch?v=d0J4AbrpqC4
youtube.com/watch?v=jdsLf72z_xw
youtube.com/watch?v=KgkBWZXVLyk
youtube.com/watch?v=xD5No_JRrZw
youtube.com/watch?v=TJK4i16tXck
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=Nb6JiKL3d1s

deafheaven
liturgy
alcest
altars of plagues
lantlos
burzum

That girl almost certainly doesnt actually like metal in general, she probably likes deathcore/posthardcore and maybe shitty hipster "metal" like. But emporer is good entry level BM band with decent production.

YEah, she send me some deathcore, and the standard Rob Zombie stuff, but I'd never send her half the shit suggested. Sorry, man, other than Lantlos, and Burzum (maybe Lithurgy), the rest of that is a bit crap.

>ywn have nice long hair like this guy

old cradle of filth is a safe bet

I was thinking that too.

Sons Of Northern Darkness

Say you like Motionless In White, Bring Me The Horizon, and Black Veil Brides. This will get you into her pants, then you can ditch her ass for a kvlt qt when the time is right

>dating a metal scene chick

YOu know, I was thinking about that, but she's horribly impressed with me knowing a popular Rob Zombie remix and Darkthrone.

its not worth it especially if you live in a hot area

Mgla

>epiphone flying v with a natural finish

Fucking gross

I only suggested that stuff because my friend is like the girl
he liked it
good luck anyway hope it works

>epiphone flying v
one of my friend had one in highschool and it was complete shit and top heavy so you have to hold the neck from drooping down

I love Motionless In White honestly

Shell be impressed with this somewhat obscure shit then youtu.be/CEYAv13D9s8 also mgła like that other guy said. Maybe some atmoblack, too.
I honestyly somewhat regrey getting an epi thunderbird, but the neck is fucking great and it balances pretty well
Kys

That's fair. Thanks, anyways.

i have a cheap jackson dinky made in india

i wish i could afford better but it does the job and is comfortable to play and that is all that matters to me

fuck off hipster, numale black metal fans are the cancer that is killing metal

Good suggestion. Thank.

Also thank you rest of thread, this is going quite well.

youtube.com/watch?v=d0J4AbrpqC4

(you)

>girl who likes metal
Pic related

I sent her pic related because she asked what a band I really liked right now was, and she responded with
>"Interesting sound they have. Not used to it, but I don't dislike it."

Is there a chance?

If shes not easily offended and you want to rec her something good try Grand Belials Key. If she wants something bland and safe go with agalloch

I'll wait on GBK, but Agalloch is alright.

Out of curiosity why havent you explored other metal subgenres

jesus christ

Send her Type O Negative and fucking lay her bro.

I have, maybe not to the same extent, but I listened to a lot of thrash metal and death metal (including the insane number of subgenres for that thing). I was involved in a local hardcore/metal scene, good amount of crossover and thrashcore. I even dabbled with folk metal, and then the more blackened roots of that. Over time, I just got burned out on metal and eventually stopped listening to it. I just started exploring new and progressively less dark music. Now, black metal is the only thing that drags me back, save for a few death metal classics and the occasional drone metal project.

>Type O Negative
i saw them live once and got to go backstage

peter steele was awesome to talk to

I don't like type-o

Genuinely listen to this and recommend it, OP. It's what got me into Black Metal.

I'm an idiot.

youtube.com/watch?v=jdsLf72z_xw

The first EP from Sodom is very Black Metal. Symphonic Black Metal would probably be good as entry as well, so Carach Angren.

The Norweigan guys are always excellent so you have Burzum, Mayhem, Immortal, Darkthrone, Gorgoroth, etc.

Literally How.
They're sexy, fun, and probably the most creative metal band of the 90's.

youtube.com/watch?v=KgkBWZXVLyk
Forgot this.

youtube.com/watch?v=xD5No_JRrZw

youtube.com/watch?v=TJK4i16tXck

This thread got me a date and I don't have to try anymore. You guys are cool, expect posts within the weeks to come regarding this.

thats alright lad

some things just arent for everyone

im sure you love some bands/artists i dont like