Is Post-Hardcore the best rock genre?

Is Post-Hardcore the best rock genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tdNhqYGIja8
hammerhead.bandcamp.com/track/age-of-the-troll
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe if the current wave of bands didn't exist

If Unwound still existed then maybe.

I've noticed that post-hardcore is both one of my favorite genres (Fugazi, Quicksand, Dag Nasty, At the Drive-In, Planes Mistaken for Stars, Hot Water Music, Ampere, Portraits of Past, I Hate Myself, ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead, Jawbox, Envy) and least favorite genres (From First to Last, From Autumn to Ashes, Escape the Fate, Job for a Cowboy, Emmure, Underoath, etc.)

Seriously, how the fuck are these the same genre?

The ones you mentioned first are more Art Punk, the other ones are "Indie" shit

> Emmure
> Escape the Fate
> indie
nigga, are you serious?

That shit isn't even post-hardcore, it's just metalcore

If Fugazi isn't post-hardcore, I don't know what is

You're cherry picking. There are tons of great modern post-hardcore bands that released some of my favorite shit in the genre

>how the fuck are these the same genre?

Well, they're not, first off. I'm seeing post hardcore, indie rock, deathcore, and metalcore bands in there.

I know of METZ and a few noise rock bands, what are some more?

I'm not cherry picking - a number of bands in my preferred list are modern groups.

every single one of them has been categorized as post-hardcore, whether or not they're also categorized as one of the genres you mention

This is actually my favourite album in the last 3-4 years.

pre-hardcore is better than post-hardcore

>pre-hardcore
wut

Thank you this was so slept on here it was fucking great and a great comeback album at that.
Check out A Lot Like Birds, Secret Band, Lighthouses, Touché Amoré, Stolas, The Tidal Sleep

just to name a few

...The Germs? What?

Touché Amoré are a fantastic band, so please don't lump them in with awful bullshit like A Lot Like Birds, Secret Band, and Stolas. Lighthouses are kinda nice, though

They aren't awful at all why does Sup Forums hate swancore so much i think dance gavin dance is great too

This. With maybe the exeption of From First to Last and Underoath the rest are metalcore. Hell Job For a Cowboy is fucking deathcore.

Fugazi and Unwound are two of the greatest rock bands of all time.

Justin's hardcore > Justin's post-hardcore

youtube.com/watch?v=tdNhqYGIja8

Your age really shows when music labels are so important to you, post-hardcore was simply a catch all term for bands breaking away from the hardcore movement or punk trying to do something different. Obviously it eventually formed and created its own sound and aesthetic in the 2000's especially. IMO the 2000s had the best era of what a lot of people would say is post-hardcore or screamo or whatever other label you'd like to use. The Hated, Moss Icon, and obviously the godheads in fugazi will always be much better than almost anything under the banner of post-hardcore now. That being said I'm not one of these elitist dicks that likes to say touche amore and bands of that ilk are shit. I think they're playing in the confines of a style that's already really affected and stylized in a highly pretentious way, they aren't a "bad" band just kind of boring, it's like watching ants dig tunnels in their tiny farms. Why watch that when you could explore some new musical territory?

>>>/daily/
>>>/chart/

Too Bad You're Beautiful and They're Only Chasing Safety are great albums at least on par with most anything bands of your first bulk put out

/swancore/ = best post-hardcore scene

TV Ghost
Dope Body
Big Ups

Those are some other solid post hardcore groups that incorporate noise and some sludge

>Big Ups
definitely this year's Metz

hammerhead.bandcamp.com/track/age-of-the-troll
released August 1, 2015

From first to last has some good songs tho.

Half the bands you listed in the second half are metalcore or deathcore.

Still, I like both Fugazi and Underoath, both types of bands can put out some good stuff on occasion.