I'm travelling to USA soon. I don't speak English, only Polish and Spanish

I'm travelling to USA soon. I don't speak English, only Polish and Spanish.

Am I going to be fine with Spanish? From what I've seen and heard US is basically a bilingual country like Belgium. Even the ballots in the presidential elections are in English and Spanish. Will I be able to do just fine with Spanish?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LfZWp2w5Vzc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._cities_with_large_Polish-American_populations
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Poland
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah you should be fine, Spanish is very common here and even those that don't speak it are receptive to those who are trying to communicate.

Might want to bring maps or guidebooks or something else to communicate through if you're worried.

Thanks man, this really helps. Should I repeat in slower Spanish when someone doesn't understand me? Is Unitedstatian Spanish tuteo or voseo?

pollack is dat u?
youtube.com/watch?v=LfZWp2w5Vzc

This will only work in southwestern states (California, Arizona, Texas, New Mexico) and probably Florida.

The further you get from those, the less helpful Spanish will be. But you can still find it on documents and stuff.

I realize you are only memeing, though, you fucking mentiroso.

Isn't New York in North US?

When I went to miami and new york there were moments when I had to interact with people who only knew spanish and not a single word of english. But in tennessee (where I spent most of my time), spanish speakers were not common.

>I don't speak English,
You mean you have a thick accent? Stop being a pussy and just talk, no one cares about your accent.

Yes and it's one of the more diverse and populous states, especially due to New York City, so there are many languages spoken there, Spanish obviously being a common one since it is one of the most commonly spoken languages in the world after all.

Again, if you weren't just memeing I would feel sorry for you for being so retarded that you don't know this or even to learn English, the easiest language.

Interesting

No, I've never learnt English, only Polish and Spanish.

You can write pretty well, how can't you speak?

Depends on where you move.
Here in the South, things are rarely in Spanish.
The whole English-Spanish thing is mostly out in the West.
If you go into Louisiana you'll see English and French, and also different languages in several pockets of the country.

You don't understand. I can neither write nor speak English.

Where is the Esperanto pocket of USA?

I'd say tuteo but honestly I'm not the best person to ask about the specifics. More often then not, it's a mix of Spanglish/fragmented Brazilian -English speech/Portuguese/etc.

Dealing with people who can't speak English(or really, really broken English) is pretty common for me, and in those cases if they're trying to ask something specific they'd usually attempt to do so in a slower pronunciation of that language. Stuff like looking for proper bus routes, getting directions, and even applying for jobs etc can be done with minimal English, or worst case a shitty Google Translate addon.

>Tennessee
Ayy, where were you in Tennessee?
Also, this is true, the South (e.g. Tennessee) is pretty much all English barring Louisiana and south Florida (although not REALLY Dixie).

>Where is the Esperanto pocket of USA?

tie kaj tie, kompreneble

mi gastigos vin se vi volas, ekzistas eta esperanto-klubo en ĉi parto de mia ŝtato

No idea, tbqh.
Just go to the Polish pocket, ey.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._cities_with_large_Polish-American_populations
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Poland

>the easiest language
Not OP, but that would be Indonesian, imagine English, but without tenses, basically without plurals and with 100% phonetical writing.

My Polish isn't really that good 2bh

porque no hablas ingles? y adonde vas?

Because I've never learnt English. I'm going to Puerto Rico, USA.

bro if you are going to puelto lico why did you even make this stupid thread

Curiosity

How did you make this post then

also no it would be very difficult to get along with just spanish here.

Miami you'll be fine.

latino communities in NYC and LA you'll be good

otherwise you're kind of fucked. most white people even in cali and arizona don't know any spanish but just look for someone brown

Wtf are you fucking talking about?

Come to Mississippi!

>How did you make this post then

the op moron is just messing with you cucks, that's exactly he wants you to say, come on people why are feeding this idiot.

kys

wow rude
Are all Americans this rude?

When I went to Virginia, I met like 4 people that speak German in separate, unrelated occurrences. I mean, they didn't travel together or knew each other or anything. Kinda creepy to travel so far from home and still meet so many people who speak my language.

Why are you stating in English that you cannot speak English. That agitates my autistic instincts and I want to slap you silly :D

Took your compatriots long enough to figure that out :^)

How is that creepy? German is one of the most-spoken languages in the world (it's the 11th most spoken language in the world). It's mildly surprising at best.

In my case, I haven't met any Dutch speakers so far in America. Zoveel engels en spaans.

user we all just assumed you meant that you weren't confident in speaking aloud since your entire thread is clearly in English, those of us who didn't assume that pointed out already that you are a lying memeing retard Do you have brain damage? Why did you spend so much of your day on this?

Yeah, well depends on where you go. But yes. I rarely speak english.

>Do you have brain damage?
No, as far as I know.
>Why did you spend so much of your day on this?
Well I just wanted to try out new ways to bait Americans, s-sorry.

I feel kind of bad for posting this now.

Sorry OP. I hope you laughed alot at your own thread. I have no reason to be mean to you.

I'm sorry too. Fuck.

Follow your dreams, man. I need a break from this place.

It's ok. Have a nice day m8

>compatriots
>brazilians, germans, spaniards, argies
it seemed that they all tried to help you. that was very cringy. you are a sick douche.

You gotta go back pollack.

This.
That should have been the first and only reply kek.

>I don't speak English
>He says in English