Death In June

Do you like Death In June? If so, what's your favourite release? Mine are probably Black Whole Of Love and the Symbols & Clouds Totenpop Re-Recordings. Also, The Corn Years.

Mine have to be Cymbals, Burial and Nada

Yes I love Douglas and highly recommend the doc Behind the Mask if you haven't already seen it. Everything mentioned is great. Nada is my favorite and Snow Bunker tapes are very good too

I remember when they were meant to play a show in London a few years back and were blocked by "anti-fascist protesters". Things like that are why I lost hope in humanity a long while ago.

Good docu, I agree

Did you watch the Boyd Rice documentary Iconoclast? There's a funny scene of him talking to antifascist protesters outside his concert who do not recognize him as the artist they're protesting.

It's on Youtube, but it's four hours long and I have no idea whether it's in the first or second part..

I've been listening to his song Life Under Siege on repeat for days now. Has anyone watched the movie Pearls Before Swine starring Boyd Rice? Laughably bad but I respect both of them as musicians, Douglas more though

>laughably bad
>respect both of them as musicians
>Douglas more though
my thoughts exactly

I like the popular ones tbhfam

is She Said Destroy about AIDS?

then you will probably also like the obscure ones sempai

but what ends is my fav dij album for sure

I'm assuming there's really nothing else in his discography that sounds like Nada, I haven't bothered to delve any deeper beyond that, am I wrong?

Pretty much. I didnt like Nada at all and prefer his acoustic stuff instead.

That album Ostenbraun is so fucking underrated. How come no one mentions it? It's easily my favorite.

OP here, also one of my favs

I recently was at home visiting family recently and my younger brother showed me Spotify. I looked for DI6 and saw some releases on there I never heard of before. Over the course of the past two weeks I downloaded 29 releases that I didn't have in my library before, all of which contain at least some original content. I'm at 48 releases now.

Douglas has such a diverse and immense discography, it's so rewarding to dig through all that stuff and appreciate all the different nuances of his music. And yet somehow he manages to make it all sound coherent.

Wow Im just getting into DIJ and wasnt aware there was that much material

Has anyone here seen him live?

Rule of Thirds, All Pigs Must Die and Snow Bunker Tapes are the best in my opinion

Have you listened to the Symbols & Clouds Totenpop Re-Recordings? Sound like you could appreciate them, a little more stripped down and guitar focused like the albums you listed.

What are your favs so far?
Didn't see him live yet but probably will this year at Runes& Men given that he is probably the secret headliner.

Symbols, Nada, Snow Bunker Tapes are all Ive heard and I love everything so far. I watched the documentary Behind the Mask before I heard anything and he seems like such a interesting character. Pretty unfortunate circumstances gave him this creative gift though. I love the whole nazi thing and how people cant understand his use of imagery. Very enigmatic man

Those are very good albums, especially Symbols. After downloading and listening to all those DI6 releases I only just found out about I recommend listening to Black Whole Of Love, Östenbräun and The Wall Of Sacrifice. Also Roseclouds Of Holocaust, that was my first DI6 album. Very similar to Symbols, a bit more synth heavy.

Also, while listening to any song of theirs/his, pay attention to whether what is said can be understood as a gay innuendo. Makes it all the more amusing.

Ha I'll check out those other and be aware of possible gay jokes, thanks

bümp

His output is pretty hit and miss. Peaceful Snow, Rule of Thirds and But What Ends When The Symbols Shatter are the best albums. Roseclouds of Holocaust is one of the best songs by him.

GOD-LIKE
SPERM-LIKE

but peaceful snow is awful

seriously, he probably just made that album so he could fuck the pianist

I like early post-punky DI6 best. Burial, The Guilty Have No Pride, Nada!.