Beatles General

Beatles general; Discuss the fab 4 and their solo careers to whatever extend you want

To start
George>Paul>John>Ringo

Also, it seems to me that All Things Must Pass is slowly getting sub/mu/core status these days

isnt it a pity

Version one>version two

all things must pass has a very similar kindred spirit as ariel pink when it gets loud-and-proud so it's only natural

So I'm not really much of a Beatles fan but I've been listening to some of there stuff recently, it's pretty good. I got talking to some huge Beatles fan I know from Uni and I told him my favourite song I've listened to so far was For No One.

He straight up laughed in my face and essentially told me that song was shit and that he could name 20 Beatles songs far better than that.

What's so bad about For No One? and why are Beatles nerds such assholes?

He was probably just an asshole. For No One is a great song.

Though I always have this 'ironic' feeling with Ariel's work (the same vibe that hangs around FJM), whereas All Things Must Pass has a very sincere appearance to me, as Harrison makes the thing grandiose because it is almost a religious experience in a lot of songs

nothing wrong with For no one

For No One is a top-5 song for me as well. Paul-haters will probably diss it for being a classic example of granny music (and I assume George Martin has a lot of influence on this due to the harpsichord, so I almost see it as a McCartney/Martin song), but it might be McCartney's best Beatle song

oh yeah of course but i'm comparing songwriting and production lol

For no one is a great song that guy is just a fuckwit

Plastic Ono Band had always been my favourite Beatles solo album

Plastic On Band is too abrasive for me at times. But I have to say that I have never been a Lennon fag

I love Lennons music but i don't care for him personally

I think everyone has to agree that Lennon was an absolutely awful human being, but I hate that his post Beatle output us so conservative as well. This guy was still covering Gene Vincent halfway the 70's.

Am I the only one who likes McCartney I? I never really cared for his other albums but i always loved that one.

I love Junk, I give you that

for no one is great
i hate pauls granny music alot but for no one is definitely not granny music

>I think everyone has to agree that Lennon was an absolutely awful human being

le reddit circle jerk

Lennon was a Total Dick towards almost everybody in his social circle

For No One is a fantastic song. My favorite off Revolver.