Smashing Cuckins

Never heard them before, are they actually any good or just a meme?

A decent 90s alt rock band with a often terrible vocal component that sometimes makes magic. 10/10 drums and some good hooks.

I don't like them but a lot of people do and we know absolutely nothing about your taste so you should probably listen to them.

Great band, only liked their first two records though.

They released two or three really, really good albums, but the rest don't live up to that level. Still worth getting into though.

A Good 90s Alt Rock Band. Lead Singers An Asshole.

that's one of my favorite albums

You didn't like Melan Collie?

It had some good songs on it, but I guess it had some duds too

I saw them live this year. The live band Corgan has put together is actually really good.

they're like yo la tengo, but worse in every way

>Smashing Cuckins
lmao so hard that really made me laugh good one

Sounds like the abandoned child of Nirvana and Sonic Youth

Simple way to gauge SP:

Did Corgan have hair when recording it? It's good then.

Bald Corgan? Bad, avoid.

First 3 albums are good. They have some non album songs like Send the Ray to Jerry that are good. Avoid everything else tho

Same rule also applies for REM.

Greatest alt rock band from 90s.
Fuck it they are the best of the world, please reunite :(

They have some very decent songs.

>Fuck it they are the best of the world, please reunite :(
There are rumors swirling around that James may be coming back, and they seem to have some credence. Billy just announced that he and the current guitarist are forming a new band apart from SP. Jimmy has officially rejoined the band. James and Billy appeared on stage together a few months ago for the first time in forever. And a week or two ago Billy said that there was big news for SP on the horizon. So, at the moment, it at least looks like Billy/James/Jimmy is a possibility. D'Arcy's probably still in jail or drugged out of her mind, though.

U2 with shoegaze and 90s alt-rock

This is brilliant, though i did enjoy my fair share of Adore

We don't like to talk about D'arcy anymore

Generic alt rock with shitty Deep(tm) lyrics

Actually Billy has uploaded a video to his FB today where he admits talking again with darcy, "his friend". No pumpkins reunion yet though, but things look promising.

Imo they're not generic but you're right about the lyrics. My friend's a huge fan and admits the lyrics suck

>Emptiness is loneliness and loneliness is cleanliness and cleanliness is godliness and God is empty just like me

Lol

take them or leave them. they'll be elevator music by 2025

This really says it all

Nah they just follow the reverbed/layered guitars + synths formula. Not too detached from the Cure and their ilk.

Sometimes the lyric writing has its moments, Mayonaise for example.

Its so hard to listen to this stuff and imagine that the wrastlin' SJW slayin' Billy (william) Corgan of today wrote the the lyrics.

Well shit, son. That's really surprisingly. I had honestly just assumed that any Pumpkins reunion wouldn't include her.

>This really says [nothing] all
FTFY.

Corgan has seen the light of the right as far as his political beliefs go now, and Siamese Dream and parts of Mellon Collie are great

Possibly the best mainstream "alternative" band, certainly the most eclectic. I don't know if there are many other bands you could say are equally as influenced by Rush as Bauhaus.

Best 90s rock band.

Honestly I don't see the point. I'm happy that they're friends again, but even at their peak Billy wrote 99% of the songs and even played other members' parts on record

siamese dream is a decent album, you can safely skip the rest of their stuff tho

they're not terrible but not great either

Just watched that video.Here are the highlights:
>We're back in contact again, the band.
>I've been in communication wtih D'Arcy for the first time in about 16-17 years. It's awesome to have my friend back.
>So, we're all in communication.
>When you get to the point where there's good communication, and the relationships are good again, and there's a good vibe, of course you yourself and people around you who know what's going on start to say "Oh, is the band going to get back together?" We're not at that point, and I think that's a good thing.
>We're not rushing to something.
>We're not interested to go out and play because there's a big stack of money there.

At the start of the video, he acknowledges that there are rumors that the band is reuniting, and then he says "I didn't say it" but he doesn't deny it, and nothing in the video contradicts that. Basically, it sounds like they're easing into it but don't want to make it official.

the globalists took his hair with vaccines