Fuck me lads this album is incredible and their follow-up is just as good if you skip a few tracks

fuck me lads this album is incredible and their follow-up is just as good if you skip a few tracks

what's your favorite Broken Social Scene track? what other albums are similar?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/afUwn6zvrnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KCj9PntqMTU
youtube.com/watch?v=te6HbMi8ob8
youtube.com/watch?v=ldier3cvquU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Definitely. One of my all time favs. Have you heard their first album, Feel Good Lost? It's my second favorite by them that I've heard. Pretty much straight Post-Rock but with the same vibe as You Forgot It In People.

My favorite Broken Social Scene track is probably Shampoo Suicide

Even though it's the pleb pick, my favorite track is still probably Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl.

BSS is fantastic.

I have too many favorites. But this is the one I've been listening to over and over again lately: youtu.be/afUwn6zvrnQ

Also their cover of Patti Smith's horses is really nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=KCj9PntqMTU

made a playlist for a better version of BSS that replaces the original version with that one

How about Kevin's previous group, KC Accidental? Their two albums are in the same vein as BSS' debut, post-rock-y. I really dig both releases.

Shampoo Suicide is gotdang beautiful.

'You Forgot it in People' is absolutely a 5/5 in my book, with my favorite track being either the safe pick 'Cause=Time' or 'I'm Still Your Fag.'

First for Fire Eyed Boy.
I don't fuck with Noise Rock much anymore but that song will always be awesome
:)

Oh Shit, that sounds awesome. I'll for sure check those albums out. Thanks user.

Yeah, It's one of the most obvious 5/5's for me personally. Nice picks, I'm Still Your Fag's underrated(or it would be if this albums was discussed often)

Glad someone else posted this. I was listening to this a ton recently.

Pacific Theme
Anthems for seventeen year old
cause = time

is such a good trio from the album,

What are other really good songs on it? I'm diggin this album as well.

>used to be okay in high school
>masterpiece in college
>now the band is tweenie-bop years later

Getting to the point where Mac Demarco is more relevant than Swans, send help.

youtube.com/watch?v=te6HbMi8ob8

honestly fuck swans.

Maybe I'm just not intelligent enough for them. But I'm so sick of people treating them like the epitome of guud music.

Good Ratings

bunmp

it feels weird seeing people discover music you've considered essential for over a decade, but i guess thats just part of getting older. Its a good reminder that everyone experiences music differently but also makes me appreciate all that ive experienced.

shampoo suicide has to be in the top 5 for me

I know exactly what you mean

Swans are deceptively simple sound-wise, I wouldn't say intelligence is a large factor when it comes to enjoying their music. I'd say knowing theory might even lessen your respect for them.

PACIFIC THEME

best intrumental track of the 2000's, imo

fucking love this album

and Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl, no shame.

ok desu the whole reason I started this thread was to find more albums like it and the lack of recommendations is kind of disappointing so can you guys recommend more albums like this

I'd say there's a chance you'll like Yo La Tengo - Painful if you want some moody poppy indie rock that has somewhat chaotic mixing a la shoegaze too

Have you tried listening to early Rilo Kiley?

youtube.com/watch?v=ldier3cvquU