Rank them

Rank them.

Warning: if you put Grimes last you're a massive pleb. FYI, I'm not interested in your whining.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FFOzayDpWoI
youtube.com/watch?v=BK30r_SIZ-g
youtube.com/watch?v=sZrtIjfFlKw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Björk > Kate > Annie = Grimes, both are shit

Kate > Bjork > the rest

bjork>annie>kate>grimes

Bush is definitely at the top, and Grimes is definitely last, Bjork and Annie are interchangeable.

>people on Sup Forums still like Grimes

Didn't school just start?

Looks?

St Vincent > Kate Bush > Bjork > Grimes

Music?

has it about right desu

Grimes doesn't really fit here anyway, shoulda put Fiona Apple or something in there

either one is correct, kate and bjork are both hundreds of levels above that filth

music: Björk > St. Vincent > Kate Bush > Grimes

looks: Annie Clark > Claire Boucher > Kate Bush > Björk

Massive plebs. You're very conservative and you eat whatever media feeds you (Bjork is the best blah blah blah).

Angry grimes fan detected

Fiona Apple is an overrated hack. Grimes is the real deal. Support the indie artists not the mainstream ones, you massive plebs.

St.Vincent > Kate = Bjork > Grimes
Not particularly into any of them tbqh. If i really have to choose a female musician i'd go with Nico.

Why everyone is putting Grimes last? Is this board so pleb to pick the overrated artists instead of a legit talent? Is this board synthpop-phobic?

all me btw

yes, surprisingly.

they have no taste and genuinely hate the best artist of the decade.

how anyone can hate someone who unironically makes posts on the internet like this is beyond me.

Because the OP told them to via reverse psychology, and they're all nothing but sheep.

...are you fucking serious? Grimes makes bedroom pop and does simplistic things with synths. Her only actual talent is that she's become an okay vocalist. Fiona Apple is a jazz-trained pianist and vocalist, has an amazing voice, is a great songwriter, and is an infinitely better songwriter than Grimes.

You literally suck at music if you think Grimes is better than Fiona Apple. Seriously kys

>reverse psychology
This must be it. Anyway, they're all massive plebs. They picked Bjork or Kate first because media told them they're the best female artists. In other words, they're sheeple. P L E B S.

julia holter > bjork > grimes ~ kate bush >>> st. vincent

so why is holter not on here again?

Fiona Apple is that whore that did this Criminal video? youtube.com/watch?v=FFOzayDpWoI

>I've been a bad, bad girl
>I've been careless with a delicate man
>And it's a sad, sad world
>When a girl will break a boy just because she can

That song is simple as fuck. Listen to some Grimes for real: this is properly layered and emotional music, not that shallow crap.

nah. idler wheel may be the best album of the decade so far

she did that when she was 16. A couple years later she did this: youtube.com/watch?v=BK30r_SIZ-g

There is literally nothing layered or emotional about Grimes' music. Now I think you're trolling

It would be if it wouldn't be so boring... Such an annoying voice: youtube.com/watch?v=sZrtIjfFlKw

Hitting a broken drum sounds better than that crap.

Nobody likes her but you

Bush>>>>>The others, who everyone will forget in ten years.

Wrong.

>Grimes makes bedroom pop and does simplistic things with synths.
I actually find her to have a really good sense of timing. Saying what she does is "simplistic" is oversimplistic.

Compositionally, it's not complex, but part of what makes Genesis and Oblivion such catchy songs is their simplicity. It's just a lot of layered simplicity organized into a very nice rhythmic groove. Grimes definitely isn't the best singer or producer or composer or even sound designer, but she brings it all together with her great sense of timing and "feel", with the sound design and atmosphere as the secondary component.

Bjork - discussed for years
St. Vincent - discussed for years (since the last decade)
Grimes - discussed for years (since at least 2011)

Your post is false.

>Hey here are four female artists who are varying in quality, by the way all I want to hear is that grimes is the best and will attack anyone who says otherwise.
stay classy OP

That's true. Saying Grimes is bad because her music is simple is like saying Kraftwerk are bad because their music is simple. It doesn't make any sense.

She only had one good album

>Proxy
Nice

>excuses

Bush=Bjork>Annie>>>>>>>>>>>Grimes

>There is literally nothing layered or emotional about Grimes' music. Now I think you're trolling
You're actually trolling if you say stuff. Listen to her songs Symphonia IX, Sagrad and Devon for a start.

Huh, yet another Grimes hating pleb. Shame on you.

>timing
what the fuck?

also kate and bjork are almost 1:1, kate bush founded the base abstract pop songwriting template (in the dreaming/HOL) that most underground pop musicians still use today (most often without realizing it)

bjork (in homogenic) took that same template and furthered it through the use of electronics and sampling which were commonly practiced in other genres, modernizing the old template and setting the standard for the next 2 decades

st. vincent and grimes are very solid but it's very impossible to take art pop farther technology-wise than it already is

Kate>>>>>>>>shit>the rest

>st. vincent and grimes are very solid but it's very impossible to take art pop farther technology-wise than it already is
It was possible and both St. Vincent & Grimes proved that it could be done. New sounds, a fresh approach to music.

As legendary as they were, those Kate Bush and Bjork albums sound like the 80s and the 90s, respectively. Technology and music evolved since then... You're living in the past. You're the same as those who said The Beatles are still the best band in the world, like music stopped in the 60s and nothing better appeared...

first of all, grimes' sound is nowhere near either bush or bjork in terms of sound/aesthetic and owes itself completely to a combination of early analog synth/dance-pop (soft cell, donna summer, pet shop boys being the most obvious) along with the dream/bedroom pop sounds that were common in underground pop circa 2010. st. vincent is very clearly influenced by both, but with a very evident indie pop influence. although modern production techniques obviously influence their sound they come nowhere close to either bjork or kate bush's level of influence, which is the point i was trying to make

i listen to all 4 of the mentioned artists and think they're all good so the beatles shit is unfounded

where joanna