Pink Floyd

is pink floyd objectively one of the best bands that has ever existed?

was listening to some of their songs and its remarkable how well it holds up after 35 years, the lyrics are meaningful and with depth, and the themes are timeless. The sound is mellow, accessible but interesting, aged like a good wine.

i cant really think of another band that has this magic. Maybe radiohead....?

>inb4 edgy hipsters decrying PF as too mainstream

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=590BYwVuC_E&list=PL8a8cutYP7fqwGZAq3wB1b9G3Abo_FlYU
youtube.com/watch?v=qiaF4kuxJco
youtube.com/watch?v=_NnO5e-K5Q8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

At first I liked them because my parents liked them and I just liked a few songs, it was whatever to me. Then I listened to the their older stuff like Atom Heart Mother, and UmmaGumma. Almost all of their albums are masterpieces. (Yes, even A Momentary Lapse of Reason.) I can't really think of much bands that might sound the same, so try some 21 pilots or some shit

My favorite band. Never got into RH, mostly because of Tom Yorke's whiny and annoying voice. It's kind of funny how there isn't one single band that tries to be like Pink Floyd. The closest you'll get is Eloy, check them out OP. They are great, though the singer has a really strong german accent.

I only like the 60s stuff. I hat DSOTM and every album after it but that being said they were good musicians and song writers. (Yeah I'm basically one of those there's no PF w/o Syd types but I appreciate everything between More and Obscured by Clouds)

>It's kind of funny how there isn't one single band that tries to be like Pink Floyd.
youtube.com/watch?v=590BYwVuC_E&list=PL8a8cutYP7fqwGZAq3wB1b9G3Abo_FlYU

kek what? there's a shit ton of bands that try to be pink floyd.
Tame Impala, Porcupine Tree just to mention some of the most well known.

They are nothing like PF, keep memeing.

Pink Floyd are the best band that has ever existed, people are afraid to admit it because they're so popular

>Barret era: Okay
>Actual band cooperation era: Godly
>Waters era: Okay
>Gilmour era: Abysmal

>is pink floyd objectively one of the best bands that has ever existed?
Hmm... Is the greatest rock group of all time the clowns who gave us shite like Animals, The Wall, The Final Cut, A Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell or is it the guys whose worst album was a fucking masterpiece regardless?

Decisions decisions.

>shiting on animals
>implying the final cut wasn't actually surprisingly good
>insinuating that foegaze are good

>insinuating that foegaze are good
I wasn't insinuating anything. I was pretty explicit.

Fugazi are the best band ever. The only other group that comes close are The Fall.

youtube.com/watch?v=qiaF4kuxJco

youtube.com/watch?v=_NnO5e-K5Q8

went to shit after Barrett went mad.

>fugazi
>the fall
>best at anything
Holy shit, you must be boring.

Fugazi is by far the best 90's band. One of the last rock bands that actually had personality and added something new to the rock genre.

>boring
You're right. I just fell short of the exciting and head-turning opinion "Pink Floyd are the best band in the world"

good job on being a moron

Why do they hate AHM so much? And why critics hated it so much? I mean, it's one of my favorite albums from the band and I really can't see why they hated it so much.

Because it didn't make them lots of money.

who wants to start a band with me called Acid Beretta?

if that's the real reason, then they are fucking assholes.

That's Floyd in a nutshell.

Yes