Is it okay to like New Order?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KQfV-9tv6Ag
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah

literally guilty pleasure

since you asked

no

They're objectively better than Joy Division. Just the same band with more experience and better singer, also a qt chick. Pretty obvious.

Listening to Elegia makes me cry.

Yet I still do it at least a few times a day.

How do I into NewOrder?
ive tried countless times and always flee back to JD

Choose a random song by New Order, close your eyes and feel the music.

Every time I listen to New Order I feel shame for liking to listen to simple, repetitive pop music.

they're easily one of the most popular bands on this board
but that shouldn't affect whether or not you enjoy their music

Where do you begin with New Order? I like some of their singles but their albums seems inconsistent as fuck, always go back to JD

listen to movement, it's pretty much joy division part 2: electric boogaloo

Find the Movement collector's edition, it's their most JD-esque and has their best songs imo (extended cut of Temptation hnng). If that doesn't get you into them, just listen to the singles collections till you feel like trying again with PCL or Low-Life

get movement and power corruption, discard the rest

Substance 1987 is the only good thing by them

i would recommend listening to substance

Don't listen to these plebs. Listen to everything they made up until 1989.

Listen to Soul Mining by The The instead of New Order. It's better than most new wave.

But Technique is their best record.

Age of Consent is and always will be a great track.

Maybe I've forgotten the name and the address

Maybe if you are 18-year-old girl living during the 80's in USA. No, fuck that, even then it's not okay.

Could someone explain why is New Order held in high regard? Isn't it the same pop music from the 80's as the rest? What makes it "better"?

Jeez dude, what's your beef with new order?

EVERY TIME I SEE YOU FALLING I GET DOWN ON MY KNEES AND PRAY

Inoffensive bad pop music. Theres nothing going on in these songs. Even joy division which was a shit band was more interesting

how about you actually listen to them and form your own opinions instead of getting the board to do it for you.

I do like it, but my music taste is pretty shit, so I was just wondering what is the difference between 80's generic pop music and New Order. I'm not a musician.

Does anyone have bass tabs for Elegia? Pls

Blue Monday, Bizarre Love Triangle, Ceremony

listen to sunrise, one of my favourite new order tracks. i'd say it's the song that got me hooked on new order. low-life is a great album, btw

youtube.com/watch?v=KQfV-9tv6Ag

That's a retarded way to view it, if you like it listen to it.

Overall New Order is actually a very highly held band, maybe not to Sup Forums, maybe not to pitchfork, but to most who actually fucking make music they probably think it's pretty good.
Same for Joy Division.

Even if you don't like them you can't deny it's semi-original pop/post punk mix is pretty interesting.

Substance 87 then start with the studio albums

sorry but that´s "A Forest" by The Cure

are you deaf?

just learn your lesson m8

New Order is the ultimate singles band, their albums were never as good. Technique is their most consistent album though and really really good, imo.

Yes new order is amazing imo. Singles are always really good (ex. Substance 1987 comp) but i do like their albums too. imo Low Life > Technique > Power Corruption and Lies > Movement > Brotherhood > Music Complete > Everything not worth listening to

New Order is very good. Joy Division was obviously better but New Order made a few very solid albums and some classic singles. There's no denying Movement or Power, Corruption, and Lies and Ceremony is probably the best track to come from either band (though to be fair it was written with Ian when they were still Joy Division).

these niggas know what's up