>posts taste identical to his
>outright stating you're violating global rule #2

Not my taste. Metal is boring.

Welcome to your first year of being a metal fan

Welcome to your second year of being a metal fan

>being this ADD as to not appreciate riffs
>probably enjoys some boring ass indie garbage like Loveless

Get rid of Amon Amarch and Dying Fetus and your taste is fine

No, I do not enjoy indie garbage. I do enjoy metal and I do appreciate riffs. However, drumming and vocals usually drive me away.

For me, metal has been a genre where I have had the hardest time finding records I enjoy but when I do find one, I tend to enjoy it more and for a longer time than enjoyable records in other genres.

WHERE IN THE HELL IS KILL EM ALL?

What is wrong with Dying fetus ?

what happened in the thirth?

Yeah you definitely sound new to the genre. That stuff is just something you eventually get used to.

shit i forgot about kill' em all i really like it but MoP and ajfa are much better

no, kill em all is the best metallica album

A chart of metal aimed at 12 year old kids victims of bullying. I rate it 3/5 for the comedy value

(You should definitely expand your tastes though)

but there are really good albuns there, even for adults

So give better bands if my favorites are for edgy teens.
i'm not joking give me them

Not new exactly. I listened to metal exclusively back when I was 14-19. Getting into other genres have made me appreciate metal less. I still appreciate good metal but I have hard time finding it.

What the fuck is the deal with metal bands anyways? They all repeat the same formula:

>Album #1, pretty good, a bit unpolished and demo-ish but it's fine.
>Album #2, pretty good, quite different and more polished.
>Album #3, amazing! They've finally found their sound!
>Albums #4-20, repeat album #3.

For me honestly it all depends on what you're looking for in metal. There are for sure things I don't like as much after branching out to other genres (ex. Burzum's approach to the minimalist structure or really any band that tries to have a bunch of non-metal influences like Opeth), but certain other things like most OSDM bands I have learnt to appreciate more because the very particular package of everything a style like that delivers isn't delivered by other forms of music.

I can "enjoy" most metal in a way that I can sit through the whole album and appreciate it during the listen. After the listen, however, I usually remember nothing about it and have no will to listen to it again. Most metal is too same-y.

Every now and then I stumble upon a masterpiece that I immediately fall in love with. These are the kind of albums I find myself returning to even after years.

Also, I'm a total opposite of you. My favorites tend to have lots of non-metal influences and the "pure" metal genres like thrash, osdm and regular black metal appeal to me the least.

While they are unique genres and I appreciate them for what they are, most records inside the genre sound the same (to me). I have my favorites from those genres as well but I have hard time finding new records I enjoy as I usually rather listen to the ones I'm already familiar with.

To me the actual depth that comes from the movement within different riffs/hooks is what makes it work for me. It's like optimizing two of the big things music has centered itself around since the 50s: a visceral feel and delivering multiple hooks. While it's all being delivered in a more cohesive manner similar to classical or jazz with a strict set of instruments and sounds. If I want timbral variety, well that's what electronic music is there for! Different types of music offer different types of enjoyment and appreciation in music to me.

Not metal, but have you checked out the new Thank You Scientist album? You sound like you may enjoy it.

metal has good album covers but i hate the music

Never heard of them, I'll listen to the album tonight.

I've also been trying to get into osdm lately, any recommendations for slow, simple and heavy riffs? I enjoyed Unleashed's Across The Open Sea

Hardcore and good metal. Gonna check some of that out
Same as above, a bit edgier tho

Rate our tastes thread?

Not looking for rates, some recs would be nice, though I haven't had it updated in a while.

>slow, simple, heavy
Bolt Thrower is the obvious recommendation for that one. They essentially specialize in slower and simpler but also heavier and groovier riffs among OSDM groups so even with fast parts in all their tracks the slower parts are whats given emphasis. Any album from them is gonna be guaranteed quality in that regard since they are so consistent except maybe their first one which has more fast crust punk parts.

Also gotta get Incantation's first three albums, Funebrarum's The Sleep Of Morbid Dreams, and really all other stuff that's been more recently inspired by these two like

Disma
Cruciamentum
Nar Mattaru

>this much meme grips
Get ready to be shitted on.

For real though, and I know a lot of people here won't be into it, but Keepers Of The Faith is a lot of visceral fun.