Artists you miss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mUyqsHopqxk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Elliott Smith
:(

What happened to them? Did they not get along or something?

Elliott Smith
Sparklehorse

rest in peace, sweet princess

Heems was a junkie and was losing all their money
Nice get

I'm glad that bands like Das Racist don't exist. Such an early 10s thing

>Band

yeah it sucks das racist isn't around when SJWs are at the peak attention wise atm
they quit too early
same with AJJ but they've become really shitty

What's this about SJWs? Das Racist were about as far left as you can get politically.

I miss him guys ;(

I know that but the music was enjoyable which is what matters in the end.
youtube.com/watch?v=mUyqsHopqxk

I'M AT THE PIZZA HUT
I'M AT THE TACO BELL

I'M AT THE COMBINATION PIZZA HUT AND TACO BELL

Source?

the knife :(

vic released more music this year than any other even if half of it isn't worth listening to

heems has been dropping tracks w/ riz that aren't worth listening to

dap is still doing chillin island and isn't worth listening to

Molina

Jay Reatard

gucci mane

dj rashad

;_;

coming as big fan of theirs back in 2010-2011
they proved themselves to be fucking idiots

heems is drug addict facist, but it's not his fault because muh mixed ethnic background growing up in queens and white cops n sheet

kool and dap are less harmful, at least kool called out heems on his rampant bullshit
but looking back, half the shit they were rapping wasn't funny even in a post-ironic way, it was just petty

Andrew Jackson Jihad
AJJ is a completely different band. in my mind.

Das Racist have been my favorite band for a few years, I've thought about this a lot.
(1/2)
They were in the middle of recording their second album when they broke up. They scored a deal with Sony.
It's apparent that there was constant drug use throughout the band's existence. This is shown throughout their music, interviews, and live performances. Also fans have complained about being harassed at shows. I'm honestly surprised they made it as far as they did. Their behavior was irresponsible to say the least.
They wanted to make two different types of music. If you look back at Kool AD's music that he made before DR, it is clear that the two both had very different incentives when making music. Kool has always had an avant-garde, abstract, psychedelic aspect about him. Take the albums he's released in the past 6 months for example. The first two have only autotuned, the third could be described as psychedelic rock/noise pop, the fourth album halfway through gets very echo-y and distorted, and the fifth is 100 songs of beats akin to Viper with either slowed down or sped up vocals. He also has a respect for rock music, referencing Beefheart, Bowie, Talking Heads, and hardcore punk. Heems, on the other hand, seems to like Pop music moreI saw Heems live about a year ago. At the end of his set, he said he just wanted to play songs he liked, and sang to a bunch of R &B songs from the 90s. His past two albums have been reflective of this, with songs like Medium Green Eyes being obvious attempts at the genre. He's also shared in interviews his love for certain pop musicians.

This. She was the best.

(2/2)
Das Racist's last album, Relax, really shows how they were growing apart. Heems's desire to make pop rap clashed with Kool's desire to make whatever he wanted to make. I think the only good song on their is good, because I think it's the only song they were able to truly come together on. Songs like Punjabi song show Heems's desire for a pop rap song, and Kool AD's unwillingness to cooperate (Everybody fuck around /Shut the fuck up / I can’t even hear what you’re saying, girl / Shut up /Jokes, I’m playing, I’m drunk, fuck / Oh shit, oh my god, I’m so fucked up, what’s up?)
In almost all interviews though they just said basically they grew apart, they were no longer friends, which I believe is ultimately true. I just think there's a lot more other things that contributed to the break up. So I guess

Tl;dr they weren't friends anymore
Yeah they were fucking irresponsible idiots
I don't think it's fair to bag on his background/upbringing, I'm sure he went through a lot of struggles, but I agree with you in that he shouldn't blame his addiction on how he grew up. We all are given challenges to face, it's up to us to over come them.
I think their music still holds up tho, it's fun and they used hella good samples
I liked that track with Riz
I want to Heems to do well

Thanks for this user, it was an interesting read. I'm going to check out their music now.

i forgot about them damn

They should be called musicians not artists though

artists paint and those guys dont

musicians just paint with sound and time

"Art" doesn't only refer to the visual

lou reed and jerry garcia
:

what happened to those guys

AnCo confirmed for both

the combination made my eyes bleed

iktf