Who will conquer the next rap decade ?

Who will conquer the next rap decade ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dWYNNSzpSdQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=2a4GwDmgUpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=nB7BC1w3jRU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This size of eminems tie makes me incredibly uncomfortable.

>tfw sexual innuendo

>2010's
>Not Kanye

I think you messed two artists up by accident. That's a picture of Kendrick Lamar, not Young Thug

Me

Kek

Also L-Dot

youtube.com/watch?v=dWYNNSzpSdQ

There will be no rap. We'll abolish it then fix blacks.

In terms of popularity+how good of an artist they are, yeah Kanye should be in the 2010s, but in terms of just quality Kendrick should stay, also Kanye should be in the 2000s

pic is reductive revisionist history garbage

I expect rap to dwindle down to insignificant status soon. A lot of moms & dads like it now, and this music cant thrive commercially without that rebellious youth demographic.

probably "tylo be chillin"

Travis??

>only the white guy isn't dressed like a thug
shocking

>tupac
>dressed
>literally not wearing anything

wrong

How delusional can you be?

That's just wishful thinking from your side.

sweaters are thug now i guess

Hip hop will die in the 2020s because it's become such a samey, boring, and commercialized genre.

ftfy

the 2000's shoould be MF DOOM or Kanye. 90's is OutKast. Kendrick for 10's seems right.

probably tylo be chillin

>eminem

>music can't survive demographic changes

Check me out let me know what y'all think..

>Tupac
>not GZA or Nas

>Eminem
>not Lil Wayne

>Kendrick
>not Kanye

young fuckin thug desu

nas had one good album and kanye west is for normies

eminem was great from SSLP to Eminem Show then became utter shit but those three are still enough for him to be the 2000s guys even though SSLP came out in 99

kanye just makes "normie art" for affluent teenagers

this man right here

Kanye is not a good rapper, he's an amazing producer though
When will people get this

>praising Eminem and shitting on Yeezy

fuck off to reddit

>>>tumblr
I can tell you just migrated here.
Nas has one good album?
Are you retarded?
He has several GOOD albums, they might not be the best, but they're good nonetheless
And what the fuck does Kanye West being for normies have to do with the quality?

>le kanye not good rapper but good producer

Literal fucking meme opinion

>implying Drake hasn't run the 2010s

>Drake
>running

>and kanye west is for normies
what the fuck does that make eminem?
your buzzword insult doesn't even follow your own inherent logic.

You got something wrong there OP

did anyone here even listen to kanye before yeezus came out smfh

Top five greatest rappers

1. Viper
2. Viper
3. Viper
4. Viper
5. Viper

Because he spits hot fire.

>the only right answer

>implying that being for normies is inherently bad
>not realizing that 90% of white people like eminem because he was white, so they listened to him
College Dropout changed the game in more than one way pham

go outside

no, he assembles teams of good producers

Youngins think Tupac was a lot more popular than he was. He had a handful of top 40 hits while alive and was not this huge cultural icon until he died. Eminem at his peak of popularity was much, much, much bigger.

Every current rapper cites Kanye as an influence because Kanye was the reason that society moved on from gangsta rap.

Kanye was the sole producer on all but 2 tracks on College Dropout.
Late Registration was mostly him and Jon Brion
After that, yeah, him and a great team.

Results are results famalam

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>not a good rapper

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>Kanye was the reason that society moved on from gangsta rap

lel

He's not wrong

Except he is.

>Kanye is not a good rapper
Correct
>he's an amazing producer though
Dude, he's a "pretty good" producer don't bust a nut over it or anything

I got next. Let me know what y'all think..

Wasn't it the death of two of the most beloved rappers at the hands of gang violence that brought us away from gangster rap???

Also Tupac wasn't really THAT gangster at all

I'm 100% right.

Oh I hope you're right
I pray to Allah you're right

I can't believe people are still ignorant of the fact : HE DOESNT EVEN PRODUCE HIS OWN BEATS ANYMORE

NOR DOES HE EVEN WRITE HIS OWN LYRICS

just look at the album credits starting at Yeezus, maybe even before idk I haven't checked

The guy is a fucking hack

not today tho

lol no, gangsta rap was the standard until the mid 2000s. 50 Cent's street rep was just as important as his music for example.

50 Cent might have technically been a gangster at some point but his music wasn't really "gangster rap". It's so different from 90s gangster rap that I'd say 50 Cent was key in driving people away from gangster rap.

Danny Brown

Apparently alternative rap wasn't a thing until pitchfork "discovered" Kanye, or at least is what I'm getting from that user.

I am though, surprised I have to go into detail on Sup Forums.

As said, gangsta rap was the standard until the mid 2000s. Hood reputation was more important than the music to the point that people were lying about how many times they've been shot and what not. Because of this, when Kanye came around people made fun of him. He was a suburban guy wearing jeans that fit and a pink polo with a popped collar. But the album did well, Jesus Walks and All Falls down were smash hits culturally and critically, and Kanye was nominated for 8 Grammys that year. Suburban hip hop was no longer mocked and suddenly we had stuff like Kid Cudi and Drake.

Not him, but you're referring to what has retroactively been labeled as a genre now that hip-hop has expanded musically, for years the phrase "gangsta rap" was just a reference to any rap that referenced gang activity or any rapper whose popularity was dependant on their gang affiliation. The whole "50 Cent was shot 9 times!" was such a huge part of his image that everyone called him gangsta rap.

I didn't say that. Kanye has never invented shit, but he has certainly brought things to the mainstream.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because this was just a known thing when I was in high school, though I realize I'm older than most of Sup Forums at this point.

Are you just going to ignore the fact that DMX existed

Again, you're thinking alternative rap wasn't a thing before and during that era. Outkast, Neptunes and Kelis made it big during that era m8.

Jesus Christ hahahaha

>I feel like I'm taking crazy pills because this was just a known thing when I was in high school
old memes die hard

>Again, you're thinking alternative rap wasn't a thing before and during that era
Not at all what I said

As in alternative artists didn't reach the mainstream audience, not as in invented.

Name one genre that hasn't, and is that one dead?

That a genre is generally samey, boring and commercialized doesn't mean that every artist in it is that way.

>90s Tupac

Literally dead for half of the 90s

>2000s Eminem

Literally suburban white boy's first rapper. Won't make most real head's top ten

>2010s K Dot

Fair

2000s should be lil wayne

>Em, Ken & Pac

That song would have been such fire.

Pac + Kendrick spitting fire about social issues and then B Rabbit coming in talking about killing his mom

Yeah no

Made me chuckle

word

drake

Trying to get into the hiphop/rap genre.

Anything else I need download?

Desiigner

If "fixing" blacks requires abolishing hip hop then I'm not sure I want them to be "fixed"

What would we lose if we fixed white people instead? Country and horrorcore?

fixed

i hope rap will be dead in the next decade

This guy know what's up

Every other genre of music you gook

even jazz?

Other than blues, jazz, soul, funk, rock 'n' roll...

I'd miss metal but that's about it

No, they all started at MBDTF

A shirtless black guy being interpreted as "thug" looking is prime racism

The past couple albums, sure. But let's not pretend like Kanye has never been a good lyricist. He may not have the most internal rhymes per line or anything, but his rhymes have personality, wit, metaphors, etc

Whitey's been saying this since 1980

>teenagers discussing Hip hop

>Purple fag 2010s
>came after 6 years into the decade

nope

idk man, this is some pretty fire shit right here
youtube.com/watch?v=nB7BC1w3jRU

Gucci me$$iah

>amazing producer
>needs +10 producers for just one album

I bet op'll doesn't even smoke crack

>Interpreting a man with "Thug Life" tattooed across his chest as a thug is racist

just saying

The 90s belonged to Outkast. Fuck off back to WSHH with that Tupac shit

>nas had one good album

Stillmatic and It was Written still exists

nice

lil yachty