>new Kanye
>new Death Grips
>new AVALANCHES
>new Radiohead
>new Animal Collective
>Frank Ocean consistant betrayal
>Gorillaz hype
>new Drake

Unless milk hotel or king crimson release something I don't see Sup Forums ever creaming it's pants this hard ever again.

I think you mean disappointed. All those releases were bad to mediocre.

Yeah but the year was still weak for Sup Forums itself, we need to stop the waifufagging in general.
Also new swans

avalanches was aight

>new James Blake
>Salem announces new shit

whoops forgot

Haha fucking normies will never understand this music! I'm such a patrician for browsing Sup Forums and p4k, watching Fantano and listening to rock and hip-hop!

saddest damn cum i've ever seen.

>implying he's Sup Forums core

2013 had new boc, gybe, bowie, kanye, mbv, etc.

Kanye: 8/10
Death Grips: 9/10
Avalanches: 7/10
Radiohead: 8/10
Animal Collective: 8/10
Drake: 4/10
The year was good, Drake's just a stupid nigger

you forgot
>new (good) Bowie
>new Swans
>new Bon Iver
>new Danny Brown

>Death Grips above 5/10
OP union discarded

wew

you forget

>new metallica

>new Bowie
>new Brand New
>new Bon Iver
>new Kendrick
>new Deakin
>new James Blake
>new Chance
>new Autechre
>new Aphex Twin
>new Danny Brown
>new Crystal Castles
>new LCD Soundsystem
>new Viet Cong
>new Sigur Rós
>new 2814
>new Lonely Island
No wonder Sup Forums was so hyped

Apart from the Lonely Island album, they've all been shit

*opinion

Yeah, those are very overrated scores, but I guess it just comes down to opinion.

FUG how could I forget bowie

don't forget the new dean blunt and james ferraro sucked also

back in 09-10 it felt like we were getting a 'memorable' album every week

no love for a good weezer album?

2015 was better & more hype but hay

The new Bowie was good, but since he fucking died it kind of outweighs the goodness for the year as whole.

I agree with this

all this shitty music you only like because it was released by well known established artists past their prime

Lets hope the new Gorillaz album lives up to the hype
>Tfw waiting for 6 years , no album

take 2 points off all those scores and you're somewhat correct

Did 2016 even have any new good bands
Like all of the albums everyone is talking about is boring same old shit from established indie artists

Seriously

Any suggestions on this note appreciated. Where are the new groups?

>good

what was the best year this decade for the birthing of new bands?
id say 2011

Kanye - 5
DG - 7
Avalanches - 6
Radiohead - 7
Anco's giant shit - 4
Deakin - 6
Drake - 3
Swans - 7
Bowie - 9
Autechre - 7

Was okay

The new Kanye sucked
The new AnCo sucked
>Gorillaz

ae release 5 hours of music and all you give is a 7? wtf man

Why no King Gizzard love? Their new release wasn't necessarily cream-worthy, but it was still a pretty solid album. I enjoy Geese and Life Kicks as much as the next guy, but damn guys expand a little.

the new kendrick was better than tpab

>
King gizzard is great! The creativity in this album is so cool and it lives up to its name. The transitions in this album are so cool.

Bait, but elseq was gr8 m8

Kanye: 4/10
Death Grips: 7/10
Avalanches: 8/10
Radiohead: 7/10
Animal Collective: 8/10
Deakin: 7/10
Drake: 3/10
Autechre: 9/10
ftfy

Yeah, I love how the tracks flow into one another with that little chant. Overall it's just fun, lighthearted psych rock. They also tend to have great album art and I loved this one's.

Not even baiting. I legitimately enjoyed the new Lonely Island album more than anything else posted in this thread.

I'm sorry for your taste

Everything else in this thread is boring as shit, pretentious as fuck, or is downright terrible. Popstar was incredibly stupid at points, but for the most part it was clever and well-produced, as well as being the complete opposite of pretentious and being pretty much consistent. It's not my AOTY by any measure, but it's better than everything else in this thread.

avalanches and grips were fine tho

you faggot

this

lol

New Strokes too

Literally all the albums mentioned in this thread were either disappointing or just flat out shit

Also
>no mention of the only good release so far the new Metronomy

look out for lil peep and chet faker

James Blake is actually one of the most boring artist, his music is the most uninteresting thing I've ever seen along with speedin bullets to heaven..he sings like Sam Smith and he's the worst douchebag ever, retarded as fuck.

>drake
>stupid nigger
>Kanye
>8/10
Go fuck yourself, views was way better than The Faggotry of Faglo

>the faggotry of faglo
excited for the school year bud?

I love ae but was hoping for a change up after exai. I kind of just put it in the background at home as I was working...great stuff for work in engineering.

It just wasn't as dynamic as I had hoped. I had wanted the piercing chaos like on gantz graf but I also would have liked periods of minimal synth work

I mean...maybe the issue is that you put it in the background? I say that not only because the dynamics are far more subtle this go around, but also because it's pretty different than Exai with regards to timbre, composition, and progression despite being born from the same patch, presumably. The similarities are actually pretty superficial.

>massive attack
>david bowie
>swans
>nick cave and the bad seeds (in less than a month)

Dont forget these

King crimson has been touring a bunch for the past 2 years and they're about to drop a 3 disc live album next month. I doubt Neutral Milk Hotel is doing anything of note right now

probably jeff mingus or whoever it is wanking around on his guitar and thinking of gulag girls

haha

>Unless milk hotel or king crimson release something I don't see Sup Forums ever creaming it's pants this hard ever again.
>not listening to that set of early Jeff Mangum demos that leaked

>early Jeff Mangum demos that leaked

hmmmmm?

>>new Kanye
2.4/10
>>new Death Grips
5.87/10
>>new AVALANCHES
huh?
>>new Radiohead
4/10
>>new Animal Collective
2.1/10
>>Frank Ocean consistant betrayal
zero
>>Gorillaz hype
>anime
>>new Drake
>>>/facebook/

Nice SHITTY thread, faggots.

waifufagging is a Sup Forums tradition as old as time newfag

who cares if the band is new as long as the music is good?

Bottomless pit is top tier
It's above nldw, notm, jd, and on par with the money store. Personally, my favorite death grips album is Government Plates (Fite me).

all meme grips albums are bad