ITT: we guess artist's favorite movies
I'll start
Pulp Fiction

that's everyone's favorite movie

Except millennials

Wuthering Heights

Aguirre or Irreversible

I-BE AREA

no maybe like begotten or blue velvet, but realistically its probably some art film off the deep web

Didn't he say that some of his favorite movies are Ben-Hur and Ran (Kurosawa)?

Dear god please no

You most be one he biggest unbearable assholes ever

You got that backwards their buddy

The Hunt

Millennial here
It's one of my favorites

Metropolis

>unbearable assholes
I'm none of the anons that you quoted but you're the one who seems like the unbearable asshole. One that lacks self-awareness at that.

>You most be one he biggest unbearable assholes ever

Because I don't like Pulp Fiction? Um okay... And the user who proclaimed that everyone loves pulp fiction isn't an asshole? I can just imagine someone telling that user that they don't like pulp fiction and he flips his shit saying how its "the best movie ever, and so deep" and the other person is "a pleb with no taste."

typed that very hastily, sorry for the vomit of words.

>I don't like Pulp Fiction

well aren't you a special boy!

user who first posted here, I said that it's everyone's favorite movies simply because everyone praises it, not because I love it so much. Calm down buddy

i-be area
except people with a good taste in movies
offret
probably some city symphony short movie

>everyone praises

don't exaggerate so much friend. There are plenty of people that don't care for it.

It's not bad just really overhyped, and overrated.

Serbian Film

>overrated
It deserves as much praise as it got

not really it's got a lot of problems like.

>the films entire style and most even some shots were lifted from Japanese and french new wave films
>all of the characters, except jules, are unlikeable annoying and cruel with zero positive traits.
>its only told out of order because otherwise it would be boring, and not even worth mentioning.

It's really not all it's cracked up to be. But when you first stating to get into cinema, i can see why you'd love it.

>>all of the characters, except jules, are unlikeable annoying and cruel with zero positive traits.
It's a movie about drugs and killing you fucking moron. You can't except the characters to be good people
>the films entire style and most even some shots were lifted from Japanese and french new wave films
There are a ton of films that do this.
>its only told out of order because otherwise it would be boring, and not even worth mentioning.
How is that a bad thing?

*expect

im more of a kill bill fan

>its a movie about drugs and killing people you fucking moron
yes but the characters should be likable if i'm supposed to get invested. There plenty of movies that have bad characters but still give you a reason to like them. This even happens in Pulp Fiction with Jules, but other than that the characters are just terribly written.

>there are tons of films that do this
You mean tarantino films? Cause he's the only person who plagiarizes this badly, sure lots of people have been inspired by those movements but they took those movements styles and ideas and ran in anew direction with them, not just rehashing what's already been done.

>how is that a bad thing
Is their a reason for the story to be told out of order? Or is it just their to make it seem "deep." Pulp Fiction is a great example of pseudo-intellectual filmmaking.

Anyway what do you like about the film why is it "the best movie ever."

I actually like that one more too, desu. At least he it did some cool with other people's styles and instead of just rehashing them for no reason.

>someone didn't like what I like! What the hell is wrong with them!

>being this new

I never expected the characters to be good people I expected them to be likable. But that would come in contrast with it's edgy, cool, """""""revolutionary""""""" style.

Used to be Goodfellas then changed to The hateful eight.

>the characters are just terribly written
Give me an example.
How could a drug abusing, no-remorse hitman be likable?

no he said The Glowing Man was based off those two movies I'm pretty sure

>drug-abusing, no remorse serial killer could be likable

That's oddly specific, but there are tons of characters that are bad people but we still like them and rut for them, like;

The Godfather
Goodfellas
Leon: The Professional
American Psycho
Fight Club
A Clockwork Orange
Bad Lieutenant

some the characters in the movies listed above are way worse than the characters in Pulp Fiction, but each movie develops each character to and try's to make the audience sympathize with them, this never happens in Pulp fiction, (again except for Jules, and Bruce Willis charater.)

My main problem with the writing in Pulp Fiction is that it never develops the character, and instead just has them exchange edgy, cool dialogue to make the film seem new or revolutionary, while never giving us a reason to like the characters.

Its the of pseudo-intellectualism, its not trying to say or do anything profound it's just trying to seem profound, and in doing so forgets to be a good movie.

You have yet to explain why it's "the best movie ever," and why "everyone must love it"

I never said it was the best movie ever, nor did i say everyone must love it. I was just confused on WHY you didn't like it.

What channel implies that "everyone miust like it." If you're confused as to why someone wouldn't like it, you must have been under the impression that it's something everyone likes, either way you clearly think it's amazing, so why is it so good?

>which implies that "everyone must like it

Sorry switched over to phone.

The film is incredibly thrilling and entertaining. Every scene keeps you on the edge of your seat. The pacing is so crisp. Each character feels so unique and their personalities are written to bounce off each other.

>incredibly thrilling and entertaining

what's entertaining is subjective, a lot of things i find "entertaining" other people wouldn't.

>every scene keeps you on the edge of your seat

only the dinner, gimp, and overdose scenes had tension, and the tension was very weak and pales in comparison to most above par thriller movies.

>the pacing is so crisp

what? Do you mean that the pacing is good cause, I mean it's okay.

>each character feels unique

they all feel like the exact same bad-mouthing, too-cool-for-you characters. That have absolutely zero chemistry. All the characters do is talk about meaningless junk that does not effect the movie at all.

My other points still stand as well. This movie completely average overrated blah.

Especially millenials, you fucking silly bimbo

ESPECIALLY millennials, more like.

It's like pottery
Every stanza rhymes with the last

Thanks lucas